Worthless Lyft hourly "guarantee" update this week

Flarpy

For some reason Lyft just sent an email informing me of its "updated" hourly guarantees this week.

$18/hour for THREE trips or TWO trips from the pink zone on Thurs. $25-$30 for late night Fri and Sat.

I didn't even bother to opt in.

Is this more of a middle finger than anything? Lyft basically rubbing salt in the wound out of spite.

DriverX

Yeah I got it too. must be because they only had July 4th, in that last opt in. this started today at 6pm what a joke though 3 per hour 2 in the zone. You'll make more waiting for uber surges. unless your desperate and live in a zone forgettaboutit. Give me something I sink my teeth into Lyft your flailing and now ubers surging the airport so you're foolishly gonna lose that ground that you accidentally gained when Uber lowered the rate. ahahaha you guys will never lead at this rate.

Tidballa

Yeah I got it too. must be because they only had July 4th, in that last opt in. this started today at 6pm what a joke though 3 per hour 2 in the zone. You'll make more waiting for uber surges. unless your desperate and live in a zone forgettaboutit. Give me something I sink my teeth into Lyft your flailing and now ubers surging the airport so you're foolishly gonna lose that ground that you accidentally gained when Uber lowered the rate. ahahaha you guys will never lead at this rate.
Where do you guys hang out at near the airport? The starbucks? I waited there and it would get to 0-10 and then gave me two uber poo's that were 10 minutes away that I declined, and then they logged me out of the airport.

DriverX

Where do you guys hang out at near the airport? The starbucks? I waited there and it would get to 0-10 and then gave me two uber poo's that were 10 minutes away that I declined, and then they logged me out of the airport.
Everywhere and nowhere. I don't drive SAN unless i get a ride there. Maybe now that it's surging I'll rotate it back into the mix when convenient. Usually I cruise the gates double hooked with Lyft since its got no que. If no quick pings and uber over 10 minutes, I roll out to more surgeable fishing waters. But hey if its 2x at SAN I'd hang. try the park by the old NTCSD. too far for Lyft though

Flarpy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quite the insult with these gtds. Do 3 rides an hour and earn $14.40/hour after lyfts cut! Woo hoo!!!
I know LOL. giving three rides an hour you would have to try hard to earn less than that.

johncarlsbad

Lyft you gotta be kidding, three rides in an hour? Why bother with offering a guarantee? I have had great hope in Lyft, but it's running out. Maybe we would all be better off if Lyft went away? Lyft could have taken over the San Diego area if when Uber lowered prices they would have raised theirs slightly nobody would have drove for Uber unless it was surging big time. You blew it Lyft and continue to blow it with crap like this! Wake up, or get out of the game.

San Diego X

I didn't opt in either. Unfortunately Uber will be so busy, no need to toggle between the two. Better to just pick U or L and stick with them on the extremely busy days and try to rack up an incentive.

Adieu

Hilarious! I got them too. I agree, these guarantees are a slap in the face. Simular to the slap we got from Uber & lyft in January, 2016.
Lyft also started promoting their Premium car option in L.A. by telling customers "Hey, you might get lucky & get the Premium cars when you order a regular Lyft"! Oh Boy, I'll hurry & sign up my UberSelect car. Not!
Lyft Premium is live in LA?????