Worth the switch to Android?

thegamerdad

I currently have an iPhone, but have been tempted to pick up an Android phone for Uber / Lyft. There are a couple (I assume) OS limitations, that I am curious if they are rectified using a more flexible operating system. I don't want this to turn to a generic iOS vs Android debate. Overall I generally prefer iOS for a number of reasons (mainly I have so many apps purchased for myself / kids) that I don't feel like rebuying.

Anyway here are some annoyances with the app that I'm hoping may be rectified with Android.
1) Does not automatically accept and reroute Uber Pool or Lyft Line requests. Have to always watch my phone for a notification, that I may miss. Plus if I do see it, I need to "fiddle" with my phone mid ride.

2) Doesn't handle having both Uber and Lyft online well. Have to keep the Lyft screen primary and Uber in the background, because Lyft will always miss the ride if in the background.

3) Notifications are brief and easy to miss if using a GPS app to get back to known area.

I haven't used Android in a while, but I feel like since apps have more core OS functionality, some of these annoyances might be fixed. If so, it would be worth it to me to snag an Android phone while working. Thoughts?

Clearwater Boy

I am in the same boat. And I'd like to know if anyone has done the switch from iPhone to Android. Any problem with the Android app recognizing your account that was set up on the iOS app?

dnlbaboof

if ios forces you to use uber nav switch, android doesnt, also android auto adds pool in uber as well, if ios lets you see the rating of a pool pax and accept or decline ping stay with ios, thats a good thing

AndrewT

I am in the same boat. And I'd like to know if anyone has done the switch from iPhone to Android. Any problem with the Android app recognizing your account that was set up on the iOS app?
Have done the switch from IOS to Android , the Android app is way better and there were no issues with the Android app recognising my account - just can't be logged into both at the same time.