Worth a watch.

stuber

Swarm Wise is probably worth a read. I like a lot of the Arcade City idea. Could be the future of all this.

Ziggy

Swarm Wise is probably worth a read. I like a lot of the Arcade City idea. Could be the future of all this.
Hmmm ... let me see ...
  • cars p/u pax without proper insurance and no regulatory oversight ...
  • pax post their address on Facebook and that they are going to gone for days ...
What could possibly go wrong?

stuber

Hmmm ... let me see ...
  • cars p/u pax without proper insurance and no regulatory oversight ...
  • pax post their address on Facebook and that they are going to gone for days ...
What could possibly go wrong?
I said "a lot" not all. The decentralized idea is the main idea I like. I would suggest that member drivers should adopt their common standards. A closed network for drivers and clients would be better.

satxsatx

GEICO and probably Progressive "commercial rideshare" insurance only applies to TNC platforms.

I guess ALL non-commercial/personal insurance policies are void if the policy holder drives for commerce, meaning the driver, the rider(s), and the vehicle are all travelling without any insurance.

Ziggy

GEICO and probably Progressive "commercial rideshare" insurance only applies to TNC platforms.
Same thing with USAA, Farmers ... and any others that offer "Rideshare Gap" insurance ... since Arcade City is not a TNC and since they have no corporate insurance coverage for the drivers; unless the driver has full blown commercial livery insurance when driving Arcade City they are screwed from the insurance standpoint. And because they are charging/getting more than 54¢/mile they are screwed from the regulatory standpoint.

F-uber

Are people still using them while all of the legal options are readily available? Why doesn't APD have him locked up and why were the stings abandoned? At least the criminal enterprise Uber had stage 2 and 3 insurance. I guess Uber/Lyft breaking the law with impunity inspired these folks to take it a step further.

F-uber

I said "a lot" not all. The decentralized idea is the main idea I like. I would suggest that member drivers should adopt their common standards. A closed network for drivers and clients would be better.
Yep, a closed network in a jail cell for them to discuss their "common standards" of criminality.

Ziggy

Are people still using them while all of the legal options are readily available? Why doesn't APD have him locked up and why were the stings abandoned? At least the criminal enterprise Uber had stage 2 and 3 insurance. I guess Uber/Lyft breaking the law with impunity inspired these folks to take it a step further.
I guess some stupid pax is gonna have to get killed or maimed in a car wreck whilst being driven by one of these Arcade City gypsy cars before APD cracks down hard. Arcade City makes Uber look like a saint from a pax responsibility standpoint.

Lock the guy up, freeze his assets ... throw away the keys.

strongarm

I guess some stupid pax is gonna have to get killed or maimed in a car wreck whilst being driven by one of these Arcade City gypsy cars before APD cracks down hard. Arcade City makes Uber look like a saint from a pax responsibility standpoint.

Lock the guy up, freeze his assets ... throw away the keys.
The crazy thing is all these riders say it's my choice if I want to take the risk who cares? Untill it happens to them of course their story will change. Personally I would never drive this system in a college town. I went to college and yeah I was a jerk. I know what would happen if I pick up a frat guy and take him across campus I'll get paid in a slammed door.

Ziggy

The crazy thing is all these riders say it's my choice if I want to take the risk who cares? Untill it happens to them of course their story will change. Personally I would never drive this system in a college town. I went to college and yeah I was a jerk. I know what would happen if I pick up a frat guy and take him across campus I'll get paid in a slammed door.
You're right. As soon as the UT kid gets hurt, then their attorney dad will sue the driver for everything he owns, everything he will ever own, and probably everything his kids will ever own. *plus the driver will probably lose his car (since he can't afford to get it fixed, due to no insurance on AC); and top that all off with a $1,000 ticket from APD.

Some drivers are so short sighted

itsablackmarket

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Commenting on my own thread-
In theory, I support this concept that ArcadeCity (don't like the name) is proposing. It is what Uber was "supposed" to be. So I have to say, I stand behind the idea 100% and hope it starts a revolution.
I would have preferred that Uber had just been responsible, but unfortunately they were not and now this is the necessary consequence.
Centralized power is in my opinion the best option, only until those central powers prove that they cannot be relied upon to always make the right choices, which was very much the case with Uber, who took every opportunity to stab everyone in the back when no one was watching. So we cannot trust centralized power anymore. It has proven itself to be untrustworthy.

I'd MUCH rather deal with the faults of decentralization than the faults of centralization.