• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Worst time to drive

aspacepig

I frigging hate Saturday midday. Every clown and his car is out and it's all short crap, competing with the parttimers who get the juice.

Fozzie

I hate working weekends and holidays. With the flat surge now, there's really no incentive to get me out for any event either.

I usually limit my driving to early mornings on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri, and now only drive those days during the last two weeks of the month.

NinaDent

Was getting rides this morning then nothing. Usually more active.
Post automatically merged:

Only source of income. Got bills to pay. Troubling.

No UBER app update.

Freaking out. Stressed. Anxiety ridden.

Things have been tough every day. REALLY tough.

Really depressed about things.

I hope things get better. It is all I can do.

Last edited:

aspacepig

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

No UBER app update.

Would love to be able to make you feel better, Nina.

But this is a tough gig to do fulltime.

The attrition rate has always been high. 96% in the first year they say.

And that's when the going was easy. If you can stick it out, although I'd advise against doing so, and instead get more sustainable employment, you'll learn how to stage better.

Things are not going to get any easier. Uber and Lyft investors have been subsidizing rides for years. Those investors are restless - hence the IPOs this year - and to appear to be on their way to profitability, U/L are taking a bigger slice of the pie, which drives us to stay out longer and take more rides, increasing the saturation.

It's getting to the point now where I feel some pax are getting annoyed at how quickly I show up (on Uber), like I've caught them with their pants down.

If you can't see a way to consistently make $30+ it's not worth it anyway fulltime.

NinaDent

And that's when the going was easy. If you can stick it out, although I'd advise against doing so, and instead get more sustainable employment, you'll learn how to stage better.

Things are not going to get any easier. Uber and Lyft investors have been subsidizing rides for years. Those investors are restless - hence the IPOs this year - and to appear to be on their way to profitability, U/L are taking a bigger slice of the pie, which drives us to stay out longer and take more rides, increasing the saturation.

It's getting to the point now where I feel some pax are getting annoyed at how quickly I show up (on Uber), like I've caught them with their pants down.

If you can't see a way to consistently make $30+ it's not worth it anyway fulltime.
Thank you for your comment and kind words.

Travis Bickle Uber

No UBER app update.

Uber is not your answer. Things can get better for you! But you need to do more then just hope. You need to look elsewhere. You need to find a new way to make additional income. You can do it! We believe in you.

Peter Vann

No UBER app update.

It’s best to find some kind of full-time job and Uber on the side for supplemental income. I know: easier said than done. But as others have said, you can do this.

I feel like this is happening recently with me too. And while we have always complained about clusters of ants competing for the same pool of riders, I feel like now it is more saturated than ever. Of course it is an Uber’s best interest to have its drivers be more and more desperate to take any cheap ride they can get and I think that is kind of the way it’s going

NinaDent

Sunday eventually picked up. I hope the same thing happens today. 3 rides in a little over 3 hours. Less than $8.00 an hour pay works out to today so far.

More than an hour since last ride request. Usually does not slow down till 10:00AM for me. Also missed some of morning rush due to needing more sleep this morning.

DexNex

Sunday eventually picked up. I hope the same thing happens today. 3 rides in a little over 3 hours. Less than $8.00 an hour pay works out to today so far.

More than an hour since last ride request. Usually does not slow down till 10:00AM for me. Also missed some of morning rush due to needing more sleep this morning.
Stop riding the ride share roller coaster of anxiety.

NinaDent

Good advice

On PAX app I see other drivers popping out of display of available drivers while I just sit here getting nothing.

Checked and no update to UBER driver app

Last edited:

Travis Bickle Uber

Good advice

On PAX app I see other drivers popping out of display of available drivers while I just sit here getting nothing.

Checked and no update to UBER driver app
Spend all this down time finding a new source of income. Uber isn’t going to be it for you and I’d highly suggest you get ahead of it now before things get worse. What did you do before Uber?

heynow321

They aren’t anywhere close to being profitable and never will be. Gryfts revenue is slowing (and boobers) while losses are growing.

Fozzie

Today I had a paxhole telling me that the rideshare companies would turn around once they went public and "cut the fat," i.e. got rid of drivers and started running their self driving car service.

I reminded him that Lyfts IPO was this Friday, and to grab up as much of that oversubscribed stock as he can. "It's going to be HOT!"

I hope he loses his ass.

Is that bad?

aspacepig

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, yesterday I told my myself it would get better, but it didn't. That's only happened a few times in the almost two years I've been on the road.

Thankfully, it was also my last day.

Peter Vann

Yeah, yesterday I told my myself it would get better, but it didn't. That's only happened a few times in the almost two years I've been on the road.

Thankfully, it was also my last day.
Saving up for a new guitar. After that I hope to stop this. Or only do a little.

toiuber

For me it's 4-6 rush hours. No surge, stand still traffic. Weekends are actually not bad.

Worst are Amazon pax. I hate them all day long. They always go pool, no tip, 5 min ride max.