Worst rush hour traffic ever!

toiuber

Trying to get 2 pax to Seahawks game this afternoon from u district. Took Roosevelt, university bridge, Eastlake and hit standstill at Stewart n Yale, a good 30 mins of stop n go. Another standstill at Stewart and 5th. Pax finally bailed out on 1st. $18 for 50 min. Felt like hours.

I love driving but really hate traffic jams. looked at Google maps, It was jammed everywhere.

I now don't drive DT from 3pm to avoid rush hour and no stopping stretch from 3 to 7 going elsewhere.

Wondering what your strategy is for DT rush hour?

Last edited:

Seattle_my_beloved

You will love that traffic once they increase the per minute rate to $0.30 lol. You will be looking for the slower routes on Google maps then lol. But then they will lower the per mile rate to $0.70 and screw you at night. Night driving won't remain profitable anymore once they do that. Just pray they don't do that to you guys.

toiuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a gold, the diff is too small to notice. I don't "produce" to get gold. I drive like I normally do and end up with gold.

Seattle_my_beloved

I'm a gold, the diff is too small to notice. I don't "produce" to get gold. I drive like I normally do and end up with gold.
I have averaged 5-15 cancellations and 20-30 completed trips per shift, throughout my ant career. Lord Algo won't like me in Seattle lol.

DexNex

Trying to get 2 pax to Seahawks game this afternoon from u district. Took Roosevelt, university bridge, Eastlake and hit standstill at Stewart n Yale, a good 30 mins of stop n go. Another standstill at Stewart and 5th. Pax finally bailed out on 1st. $18 for 50 min. Felt like hours.

I love driving but really hate traffic jams. looked at Google maps, It was jammed everywhere.

I now don't drive DT from 3pm to avoid rush hour and no stopping stretch from 3 to 7 going elsewhere.

Go Hawks?!? Lol.

DexNex

Why not just go i5 to Edgar Martinez?

K-pax

But Uber is going to make a fortune off of your ride. They’ll be charging the passenger two or three times the fare. Take one for the team, and do your base rate ride through traffic. Dara needs to increase his share price for when he cashes out and buys his own private island. Stop being so selfish.

More money. Easier to understand. Remember how they sold it?

K-pax

Gone are the days where you would have got around $45.00 for that ride.
I miss the $130 Lyft rides out of White River Amplitheater. Even though it’s a stressful and horrible venue to work, oh my.... 8-9 miles from everything, no alternate routes, or shorter ways to go.... 450% PT requests coming in before you even drop off the last mega surge pax, with a fairly quick (ish) return time of 12 min from most of the closest destinations (traffic is all going one direction. 45min out, 12 min in. Totally predictable). A CHEAP ride out of there would have been around $55-$60, then usually you could get another 1 or 2 with low surge who waited out the mega surge, at $18-$25 each (with MUCH less traffic).

Sigh. That opportunity is no more. I didn’t even mind the 1 stars sometimes. One of the most profitable venues I had worked back when the surge was flowing freely. I used to dead head out of Seattle just to work those, then dead head back to Seattle for the bar closing surge. Those days are gone.

Seattle_my_beloved

I miss the $130 Lyft rides out of White River Amplitheater. Even though it’s a stressful and horrible venue to work, oh my.... 8-9 miles from everything, no alternate routes, or shorter ways to go.... 450% PT requests coming in before you even drop off the last mega surge pax, with a fairly quick (ish) return time of 12 min from most of the closest destinations (traffic is all going one direction. 45min out, 12 min in. Totally predictable). A CHEAP ride out of there would have been around $55-$60, then usually you could get another 1 or 2 with low surge who waited out the mega surge, at $18-$25 each (with MUCH less traffic).

Sigh. That opportunity is no more. I didn’t even mind the 1 stars sometimes. One of the most profitable venues I had worked back when the surge was flowing freely. I used to dead head out of Seattle just to work those, then dead head back to Seattle for the bar closing surge. Those days are gone.
There is still money to be made bro, don't lose hope. Surge is really rare, and surge was always rare, maybe 20% of the times. Make base profitable. I am one of the few drivers who believes that base is profitable, people may not agree with me, but I find it profitable. I average around $170 tax write off per $300 shift.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager

Yes they are. As I said anyone working these summer events as well as Pride Weekend will come out on the losing end or barely breaking even.

I was having this discussion with the San Francisco board. They have decided if Uber plays dirty, so will they. Cough .......cough.....card readers.....

Seattle_my_beloved

Yes they are. As I said anyone working these summer events as well as Pride Weekend will come out on the losing end or barely breaking even.

I was having this discussion with the San Francisco board. They have decided if Uber plays dirty, so will they. Cough .......cough.....card readers.....

If you keep reading all that negativity and whinning, then good luck on the road. You will be so emotionally exhausted and so pissed off that you won't be able to focus on work. If you want to read SF board, then read the guy's post who made $3,500 in a single week. Alright alright, he worked 85 hours. Ok, lets make it 65 hours and $2000. Not bad either.