• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Worst places to pick up (other than “the ghetto”)

MondayMan

What are the worst kinds of places to start a trip? I’m talking about the kinds of places you could find in any part of the state, not just “the ghetto.” Here are my top 4:

Jails (I did it once, never doing it again)
Hospitals, especially ERs
Schools
Supermarkets

anteetr

In order:

Met Life Stadium (this one is the WORST by an order of magnitude over all the others. Not worth it at 5x. I’d rather drive overnights in Paterson)

PNC Arts Center

IKEA/HD/Lowes (applies to XL vehicles only)

Bar A

Any Walmart/Supermarket

Anywhere in Hudson County

SuzeCB

Country Clubs. At night it's all utterly entitled, rich drunks with little kids and no car seats coming out of weddings, christenings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Aunt Tilly's Combination 90th Birthday Bash and Bachelorette Party, complete with Male Strippers, etc., going home to the middle of a ride desert, and no tip, thank you very much.

During the day it's all utterly entitled, rich drunks with golf shoes (with cleats) and huge-ass golf bags they expect you to load and unload, going home to the middle of a ride desert, and no tip, thank you very much.

OTOH, if you're lucky enough to be there to pick up someone from the staff, it may be a short ride, and they'll almost always tip.

Gtown Driver

Laundromat (either to or from, worse if to since those clothes gonna be nasty)

Motels

Grade schools (I've seen other Uber drivers in poop rides pick up 8 years olds that are by themselves)

Grade schools are just disaster waiting to happen. One because it's going to be against ToS unless they're somehow 18 years old and if you picking them up after school is right over you're going to be stuck killing 20 minutes of your time to maybe pick them up and then take them 3.75 down the road. Pretty much about the most dead ride you can get. Shuffling works way better

anteetr

Country Clubs. At night it's all utterly entitled, rich drunks with little kids and no car seats coming out of weddings, christenings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Aunt Tilly's Combination 90th Birthday Bash and Bachelorette Party, complete with Male Strippers, etc., going home to the middle of a ride desert, and no tip, thank you very much.

During the day it's all utterly entitled, rich drunks with golf shoes (with cleats) and huge-ass golf bags they expect you to load and unload, going home to the middle of a ride desert, and no tip, thank you very much.

OTOH, if you're lucky enough to be there to pick up someone from the staff, it may be a short ride, and they'll almost always tip.
I forgot about this, but that’s probably because i get tipped by country clubbers most of the time. All the rest applies though. Shitty.

A subset of Country Clubs are Private Beach Clubs, which I completely forgot about since its been a year. Guaranteed to be my most hated subset of pax, all drunk as shit, frogmarching crosseyed Buffy toward what they hope will be their budget priced rent a meatwagon to cart her to the other side of the bridge so they can go back in the club and catch up to her level of drunkenness. Call an ambulance @@@@ers, I ain’t the one! 😡

anteetr

Motels

Grade schools (I've seen other Uber drivers in poop rides pick up 8 years olds that are by themselves)

Grade schools are just disaster waiting to happen. One because it's going to be against ToS unless they're somehow 18 years old and if you picking them up after school is right over you're going to be stuck killing 20 minutes of your time to maybe pick them up and then take them 3.75 down the road. Pretty much about the most dead ride you can get. Shuffling works way better
If you stay out of the hood you can usually avoid laundromat and low rent motel rides. Rides to the laundromat are an instant cancel for me. Never got a grade school ping which also would be an instant cancel.

MondayMan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The very first ride I ever gave was a Lyft Line to a laundromat, which included taking someone else to a train station and getting yelled at by the laundromat girl for picking up the train station girl. It’s a miracle that I decided to do a second ride after that.

Uber burn in hell

I’m starting to think that just “picking up” at any location sucks. It used to love driving and having interesting conversations, going to different towns.
Now I find myself having distaste for most pax. I think that it has to do with the culture that U/L pitch to the world. Rideshare isn’t really ride share. People are changing... it’s like it’s becoming something they are entitled to. Idk I’m sure the fact that U/L keeps squeezing has most likely added to that factor as well. I find myself unmotivated to drive. Since is not my main source of income I find myself most days after one little incident saying...

Jtnjdrive

People are changing... it’s like it’s becoming something they are entitled to.
People are becoming more like machines mostly the young generation that grew up from birth with computers and cell phones. Very little need to have in person social skills.

The old people are the best the senior citizens. Usually polite and mannered and if you give him a little help getting in and out of the vehicle you usually get a nice tip.

freeFromUber

Did a jail run today it was okay. My worst pick-up location Bridgewater Marriott by the mall. Mostly a bunch of self entitled millennials. They expect limousine service at Uber X rates f*** them.
WOW!...your worst pickup location is the millennials at the Bridgewater Marriott???? You don’t get out much, do ya?

Last edited:

Buck Man

What are the worst kinds of places to start a trip? I’m talking about the kinds of places you could find in any part of the state, not just “the ghetto.” Here are my top 4:

Jails (I did it once, never doing it again)
Hospitals, especially ERs
Schools
Supermarkets
Ironbound