1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Worst block or area you ever did?

Discussion in 'Flex' started by VinJuice, Jul 8, 2017.

1. crimson.snwbnny

crimson.snwbnny Active Member

not in the country here (texas) i guess.. sometimes its hammered on a telephone pole. but then next house has it on the fence and the telephone pole has some other random number. drive down some more. and this house has nothing or its on the faded mailbox.. then depending on the street the mailboxes are all across the street from the driveway so no idea with 5 acre lot is what address.. even in nice neighbors hood. got some damn shrubbery blocking the house number.. and instead of number going by 2s like 1222, 1224... it'll be like 1222, 1226, 1230..

this monday i had 11 deliveries at apartment complex where they were doing construction in every building and half the inner driveways were blocked by some kind of truck none of the buildings were numbered and all the building had the same apt numbers. usually apartment numbers start with the number of the building not this place. i spent an hour only delivered 1 packaged by sheer luck. i just took a guess at a building and the lady answered it was hers. the rest of the packages went back to the warehouse. 3 hour slot and still had 30 some packages to deliver.

2. Movaldriver

Movaldriver Active Member

Today was actually scary and I was tempted to take everything back and say nope. Got the route completed with only 1 NSL 2 no access, (apartment complex we're both like fort Knox) and a government office (on a Sunday) I really wish people would put business names so I wouldn't even try on a Sunday. This was deep in San Bernardino out by the airport. Not a good area for me to deliver to. I did do one to a dispensary that was funny. Couldn't go in though lol. Most houses were heavily gated and had some scary dogs too. I don't like that area at all it makes me very nervous!

3. adilakif

adilakif Member

In that case I return the packages to warehouse. I don't work for free.

Movaldriver likes this.
  4. tone17

tone17 Active Member

Yeah, I used to do that until I got an email about not completing blocks.

5. Brandon Wilson

Brandon Wilson New Member

Worst block I ever had was 72 packages. The station didn't let us leave until 35 minutes into the block on top of it and the icing on the cake was that route had gps dead zones which made the app unusable. It took me damn near 5 hours to finish.

Hilariously I had that same route a week later and finished with time to spare. Knowing where the dead zones were + using the "I'm at location but gps isn't working" option without hesitation sped me up big time.

Shangsta and crimson.snwbnny like this.

6. crimson.snwbnny

crimson.snwbnny Active Member

if i go over like 20-30min i dont mind because there are other days that i finish hella early. but if i know im about to go over by alot. i head back to the warehouse. i tried to get compensated for going over an hr and a half once. after telling them that my block started at 5 and warehouse didnt let us in till after 530 and first stop was like an hour away. they tried to justify that i get paid for delivering not picking up or waiting. so in my head im like BET. lol

i find this annoying when i cant find the address AT all. not that i cant physically see it but gps has me driving into dead ends or tells me to turn where there is no street. usually google maps find it but this one instance it did not. basically said no such thing. that's where the app is flawed when i try to select "cant find address" im told to attempt to find it. :l

Attached Files:

7. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

I had one of those recently, both Support and I confirmed that the address didn't exist in that town. I figure with so many people using tablets and phones to order stuff, they fat-fingered the spelling of the address and auto-correct changed the street name to something else.

Support messed around for a few minutes and then told me to take it back. I wrote on the box with a Sharpie so they (hopefully) didn't sent it back out blindly for re-delivery; no reason to screw over another driver.

8. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

As noble as this is. Means nothing. I had a reattempt with no apartment number. Previous driver wrote that down, I scanned it and didn't realize it until i was halfway there. Such a waste of everyone's time...

Blue vest need delivery to be attempted 3 times before they can "cancel" an order. They don't care if the address doesn't exist.

9. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

Bleh... that sucks. Something else to add to my list of grievances on the quarterly survey. :)

10. Movaldriver

Movaldriver Active Member

I.had a closed business on a Sunday morning that didn't show business in the address. I told the wh girl and she took it from the rack so they wouldn't try again until Monday

11. Brandon Wilson

That's happens when there isn't a C on the label. Supposedly nobody knows if it's not a business without it. Amazon is still learning.

12. tone17

tone17 Active Member

They don't care if it is a business or not. They only care that it gets attempted. I had a route on a Sunday on Las Vegas Boulevard. 10 pax to Caesars, 3 to Trump, 2 to Harrahs, these 3 were all closed according to the papers they give us on Strip routes. The "problem solver" called over a supervisor to tell me I needed to drive to each hotel, scan the boxes, and mark as business closed. If you are providing us with sheets telling us no delivery on Sunday, why force us to take them.

13. Brandon Wilson

That sounds incredibly stupid. To know that the business is closed and still have you go out to them anyway is such a waste.