Worse pandemic second wave of coronavirus

turtlebum

If go back to late January and early Feb, its the same posters in denial. Even though its possible that they and their loved ones might have health issues as a result of this crisis...... some mild, some deadly, they are still down playing what the experts are saying. Of course, we all hope they are right.

But there does seem to be a common theme amongst those in denial. They put money ahead of the health of themselves (I'm ok with that), and society in general. Thats the height of selfishness.
Same we cant judge one another i just hope our fellow drivers dont become sick and I also realise they are giving a service and probably a smile on a face to a passenger and vice versa, hey maybe I'll catch my first uber and I'll get one of you, I'll be bringing you some masks and lollies🥰

Chris29

1% of 10-49 year olds who get it die (official current stats). So if only 10 million people worldwide get the virus, that's 100,000 people under 50 it will kill.

If 100 million people worldwide get it, that's 1,000,000 under 50 who will die. No government or leader can sit by and allow that to occur. It may occur even with isolation of all, but its going to be the highest possible number if most of us keep living our normal daily lives.

macbri

Figures of 1% of fatalities are wrong for people who carry virus in 0-40 age group.

There hasn't been a reported death yet in 0-9 age group and studies in Wuhan and Italy have put 0.2% chance of fatality for 10-40 age group.

It has also been reported that common flu more lethal for 0-40 age group than covid-19.

If u want to check just Google age profile deaths covid-19 or Wuhan Covid 19 mortality by age study.

Remember common flu can lead to pneumonia and be lethal if u have underlying conditions.

Final point, there has been over 13.6 million deaths so far this year of which 18000 have related to covid'19.

OK that is definitely it for me on this topic and if people post misleading stuff then will let it go.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Chris29

Figures of 1% of fatalities are wrong for people who carry virus in 0-40 age group.

There hasn't been a reported death yet in 0-9 age group and studies in Wuhan and Italy have put 0.2% chance of fatality for 10-40 age group.

It has also been reported that common flu more lethal for 0-40 age group than covid-19.

If u want to check just Google age profile deaths covid-19 or Wuhan Covid 19 mortality by age study.

Remember common flu can lead to pneumonia and be lethal if u have underlying conditions.

Final point, there has been over 13.6 million deaths so far this year of which 18000 have related to covid'19.

OK that is definitely it for me on this topic and if people post misleading stuff then will let it go.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

0.2 x 3 + 0.4 = 1%

Tda85

1% of 10-49 year olds who get it die (official current stats). So if only 10 million people worldwide get the virus, that's 100,000 people under 50 it will kill.

If 100 million people worldwide get it, that's 1,000,000 under 50 who will die. No government or leader can sit by and allow that to occur. It may occur even with isolation of all, but its going to be the highest possible number if most of us keep living our normal daily lives.
Lol please tell me your credible source.

Human stupidity has a higher mortality rate than actual, legitimate Moronavirus deaths.

Last week they said 20 something died after taking the covid19 test.

They failed to mention she had leukaemia and tested negative for the covid and died from some other cause.

Every death is lumped into covid death.
Old age, 86 year old who'd have died anyway from any flu, and those that DID die from other flu are also being counted in the death count. I'm not denying it's real.

I want to know who's dropping dead because of it that's healthy (young OR old).

macbri

The table in your attachment is fatalities/number of cases per age group.

So it reads as follow if u download

0;9 No fatalities
10-19 0.2
20-30 0.2
30-40 0.2
40-50 0.4

So for example in 10-19 ag group if there were 1000 cases then 2 deaths and most probably these 2 cases had underlying conditions.

Hope that makes sense and that is final final word from me on this topic for the 03rd time today.

soontobeautomated

Ignoring all of those that wear a cape and their contrasting underpants on the outside, I'm with you.

@RustaSam 's figures on the other thread now include some startling figures, that I simply cannot ignore. The outcome of this virus. That is, a percentage of those that recovered and a percentage of those that, sadly, died. Here is a link to the stats.

Its encouraging that 96% of people currently infected only have a mild dose.

What is scary is the outcome. Of the 128k that have an outcome, for 15% of people the outcome was death. And, yes they might be mostly elderly and frail. But I'd like to think we live in a society where we value a human life and try to preserve it. If not, lets give up on medicare paying for dialysis , heart surgery and cancer treatment. All of which is expensive.

turtlebum

Ignoring all of those that wear a cape and their contrasting underpants on the outside, I'm with you.

@RustaSam 's figures on the other thread now include some startling figures, that I simply cannot ignore. The outcome of this virus. That is, a percentage of those that recovered and a percentage of those that, sadly, died. Here is a link to the stats.

Its encouraging that 96% of people currently infected only have a mild dose.

What is scary is the outcome. Of the 128k that have an outcome, for 15% of people the outcome was death. And, yes they might be mostly elderly and frail. But I'd like to think we live in a society where we value a human life and try to preserve it. If not, lets give up on medicare paying for dialysis , heart surgery and cancer treatment. All of which is expensive.
I worry for the kids and babies in the hospitals that are already very sick I'm wondering whether their parents can still visit them, this really disturbs me

soontobeautomated

I worry for the kids and babies in the hospitals that are already very sick I'm wondering whether their parents can still visit them, this really disturbs me
Same.

I'll add to that. The health care professionals that are exposed to this virus (and potentially exposed in many cases), that go home to their families each night. Sometimes with elderly family members to care for, or young children with compromised immunity.

They are the real heroes in our society at the moment.

al galenz

Can someone summarise the video as I couldn’t be arsed sitting through it?
Lots of Chinese are returning to China with the virus

The table in your attachment is fatalities/number of cases per age group.

So it reads as follow if u download

0;9 No fatalities
10-19 0.2
20-30 0.2
30-40 0.2
40-50 0.4

So for example in 10-19 ag group if there were 1000 cases then 2 deaths and most probably these 2 cases had underlying conditions.

Hope that makes sense and that is final final word from me on this topic for the 03rd time today.
It could lower since the test isn’t comprehensive

soontobeautomated

Then a BIG rethink of how allowing our Manufacturing sector go offshore to satisfy Corporate profits, put Ozstralia at the highest risk
I agree with this 100%.

Its not just manufacturing. There have been a lot of white collar jobs that have been pushed offshore as well.

Telstra slashed 25% of its jobs in Australia in the last 18 months or so. Plenty of these jobs were replaced with call centres and back office jobs in 3rd world countries. They are now looking to hire 1000 Aussies because staff in the Philippines are in lock down and cannot get to work.

FUber are in a similar situation - offshore staff cannot get to work. The difference between them and Telstra is, FUber set up business for these jobs overseas in the first place. They did not cull Aussie jobs. They simply never hired them in the first place for these functions.

Off shoring jobs is always about profits. And yes, Aussie staff can be expensive. But these off shore jobs MOSTLY go to the lowest bidder. So the turn over of staff is extremely high, as staff move from one company to another as they build up experience. There is no loyalty off shore.

Even the companies that send staff off shore to visit their hubs of the working poor in these countries know that their Aussie staff are at risk. They need all kinds of injections and medicals before they can set foot on the plane. Once there they cannot go outside of their workplace or hotel without a local guide/driver/security to ensure their safety. No doubt when they return to Australia, there is also the risk that they bring back some disease with them.

All this due to corporate greed. But to be fair, if one companies competitors is doing this to save costs, its a vicious circle in the race to the bottom..... it places pressure on the whole industry to do the same.

turtlebum

Same.

I'll add to that. The health care professionals that are exposed to this virus (and potentially exposed in many cases), that go home to their families each night. Sometimes with elderly family members to care for, or young children with compromised immunity.

My mum works at one of the big hospitals in the dialysis ward, she is 73 this year and I'm very very worried about her and mostly I am worried about my dad 78 who is retired and has some health issues, I've begged my mum to stop take leave she has a years worth of sick leave and many months of long service leave, she feels the patients need her the most right now and she cares for them very much...It's very very difficult

soontobeautomated

My mum works at one of the big hospitals in the dialysis ward, she is 73 this year and I'm very very worried about her and mostly I am worried about my dad 78 who is retired and has some health issues, I've begged my mum to stop take leave she has a years worth of sick leave and many months of long service leave, she feels the patients need her the most right now and she cares for them very much...It's very very difficult
In this current environment, your Mum is a huge hero. Selflessly putting others before herself to help out in these tough time. We should be celebrating these quiet heroes like your mum in our society. I wish you and your family all the best.

fields

What we have seen is just the beginning of the corona virus, few people know about the long effects of this virus, as China now will be hitting phase two of this life threatening situation. Australia, England and American has yet to feel the almighty wrath of the corona.

The last thing we need is this sensationalist clickbait BS.

There isn't a country in the world where the corona virus even comes close to the number of flu deaths.

Please, stop posting fake virus news.

Cubaroo

Same.

Only a matter of time and chance for me as my wife works in frontline healthcare. I worry about her getting sick.
She has stated that the majority of Australian hospitals are not designed or built for this situation in terms of protecting staff and patients.