Worm’s rants on Singapore and the imperfect world

Worm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont find any word of donation, donate in his statement.
It is misled by many that it is a donation but in fact an allocation of funds.
He allocated funds to his party funds which itself is a good news to his party.
Just curious , how do you explain that madam Ho wife of pinky Lee took public money as salary and its state secret . Everyday she posts tons of messages on FB ?????
F464D994-860F-407B-9899-75917CA87F8C.jpeg
F464D994-860F-407B-9899-75917CA87F8C.jpeg
EF8B3A31-684E-482D-8CF3-4F977A4F1B16.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Indian FT? AG department?

Last edited:

renyeo

PM Lee announced publicly in 2007 his decision to donate five years’ worth of allowances, monies that he would received as part of that year’s increment for Cabinet members.

First of all, PM Lee had announced his good deeds in the media. So I beg the question: why did Ho Ching shade Pritam for making public his plan to give away some of the LO’s allowances then?

Secondly, whatever happened to PM Lee’s donation after the fifth year? Did he allow the giving to continue? No one knows.

At least with case of LO Pritam Singh, we know his giving is going to be indefinitely until otherwise announced. Yes?

:geek::geek::geek:

Slack

PM Lee announced publicly in 2007 his decision to donate for five years allowances he would received as part of the year’s increment.

First of all, PM Lee had announced his good deeds in the media. So I beg the question: why did Ho Ching shade Pritam for making public his plan to give away some of the LO’s allowances then?

Secondly, whatever happened to PM Lee’s donation after the fifth year? Did he allow the giving to continue? No one knows.

At least with case of LO Pritam Singh, we know his giving is going to be indefinitely until otherwise announced. Yes?

:geek::geek::geek:
Firstly, i dont think the post is direct at LO. I feel it is more against LHY.

Secondly, be it any politicians, PM Lee or LO PS, any funds donate/allocate/give out does not earn extra points for me.
Likewise, anyone who got any increase salary who didnt donate/allocate/give out does not deserve a minus point for me.

What is more important is how they performed in their respective roles.
As i believe in meritocracy, the better you are, you should deserve better benefits.

And i believe PS deserves the increased from their election campaign.

Just curious , how do you explain that madam Ho wife of pinky Lee took public money as salary and its state secret . Everyday she posts tons of messages on FB ?????
Whether she post or not does not concern me. Thats her opinions. Likewise so many others who post like LHY.

I have no idea about what you meant by took public money as salary and its state secret.

It was mentioned that half of his allowance increment will go to “charitable causes” though it was not specifically mentioned which institution ... I reckon he meant the needy folks in his GRC.
Ok that is considered as a donation so long as its not WP linked. But dont you think thats too open a statement like this.

Again, not to minus his points. Any donations to any institution is encouraging.

Last edited:

Worm

😂, that’s the issue . Public money must be accounted for publicly . Mdm Ho Is employed by Temasek , Temasek is public money . Her pay has been a secret . Why all the ministers pay are not transparent? They took public money ?

Slack

1. I tot Minister salary framework is out in the public?
2. Salary is a sensitive issue.
To some 100k is not alot, to some 100k is alot.
Lets say the CEO was paid 10m a year.
What can we do?
Most importantly is whether their returns meet our MOF expectations.

Worm

Of course right up to the last cent !
Public tax payers money must be account to the last cent !

we have a bloated public service system , small country no need so many MPs and mayors .
MP should be full timers .
Look at the parliamentary seating , no live broadcasting and no attendance sheet for us to see who attends .

next, all public holders must declare potential conflict of interest and relationship Linkages.

do not bull shit when 30 year olds can be BG...
Or head of statutory institutions .

3F8FCB84-B487-461E-A1C0-9D223A606750.jpeg

Slack

Mr Barker took a steep pay cut to join the Cabinet. His first pay cheque as law minister in 1964 was $2,500, not enough to pay his mortgage - which had been pegged to his previous income as a lawyer - and support his family of four school-going children. He asked to leave to return to law practice a few times, PM Lee later told Parliament, because he was struggling to meet his family commitments. In 1970, when ministerial salaries were raised to $4,500, his peers were earning $20,000 a month.
==================

What do we look for in our ministers?
THE debate over ministerial pay boils down, ultimately, to what Mr Lee Hsien Loong asked in 1993: 'What sort of men do you want to hold this job?'

On one side are those in favour of the spirit of public service and moral authority - two commonly used terms. Serving the people should not be about dollars and cents but about being honourable and sacrificing for the nation.

In the other camp are the more pragmatic PAP leaders, who question if it is realistic to expect to get a dream team of ministers without paying them more competitive rates.

Slack

Old news n likely false.

Worm

If they have done their jobs and Homeproperly this thing would not have happened . Typical tai chi . Ownself create problem .

What if this hand is xxx? 🦹‍♀️ 👿
F3E121FF-D856-4DB7-AA0A-286D8D35C254.jpeg

Recalcitrant. Wasting tax payers’ money for hiring such people

Home work properly

Worm

This is why so many Singaporeans are doing gig economy !!!!!!!

blame it on the pappy policies and their suck.porters !!!!
0ECB65AE-740F-4AF5-AD3C-862E5C779E1C.jpeg

Ultracraft

Obviously the single foreign nationality is none other than Indian! Just throw a stone at the crowd in CBP, you will bound to hit a foreign Indian fella at least 2 out of 3 times. 😳🙄😆