World-wide outtage last night (June 30 in Des Moines)

ptuberx

So yesterday, I started noticing a drastic slow-down with the partner app right off the bat: I logged three good trips, and none of them were showing up on my dashboard. Then One would creep in hours later, then another, and then the system seemed to crash completely for almost two hours. Wasn't even able to log on. Once it got back up again, the surge pricing across the entire DSM metro was in the red from West DSM to the east side, and all over, for a good 45 minutes.

At first I thought there was a problem on my end (as they were telling me) with the app, but I got onto some other sites and realized that it was global. Drivers from London, Singapore, Australia, everywhere, all experienced the outage (as well as customers) at the same time.

Does this happen often? And if so, how often? I saw people screaming online about how they are fed up and had enough, are going to work for Lyft instead or do this or that, etc. I am just curious how often this happens.

P

UberMom2

I think this is pretty rare. Sometimes the trips are delayed from posting but this is the first time in 1.5 years I have seen an outage that long on the driver/pax app itself.

IowaShocker

Agree with UberMom...I have never seen the entire network crash. Guess I was lucky I did not log-in last night. I have had cases where the app would crash requiring a restart, or other delays. But nothing like you described.

ptuberx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with UberMom...I have never seen the entire network crash. Guess I was lucky I did not log-in last night. I have had cases where the app would crash requiring a restart, or other delays. But nothing like you described.
Well I guess I am a little relieved then that this is not a normal issue.

Lando74

It happens every 3-6 months. Usually it's when the Uber servers are overloaded by national holiday events (like halloween 2014). This one seemed more random, maybe due to server maintenance. Who knows. At least it was on a slow day this time.

ptuberx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It happens every 3-6 months. Usually it's when the Uber servers are overloaded by national holiday events (like halloween 2014). This one seemed more random, maybe due to server maintenance. Who knows. At least it was on a slow day this time.
I still managed to pull in $130 that night in payout and tips, after Uber's take and including the 2-hr blackout. Last night was much better, but still, the timing really stunk.

tohunt4me

So yesterday, I started noticing a drastic slow-down with the partner app right off the bat: I logged three good trips, and none of them were showing up on my dashboard. Then One would creep in hours later, then another, and then the system seemed to crash completely for almost two hours. Wasn't even able to log on. Once it got back up again, the surge pricing across the entire DSM metro was in the red from West DSM to the east side, and all over, for a good 45 minutes.

At first I thought there was a problem on my end (as they were telling me) with the app, but I got onto some other sites and realized that it was global. Drivers from London, Singapore, Australia, everywhere, all experienced the outage (as well as customers) at the same time.

Does this happen often? And if so, how often? I saw people screaming online about how they are fed up and had enough, are going to work for Lyft instead or do this or that, etc. I am just curious how often this happens.

P
" TECHNOLOGY "!

demand a refund of payments made to UBER this week due to their FAILURE !

UBER HAS 1 JOB !