Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Working on my deactivation

8K views 171 replies 60 participants last post by  Gtown Driver 
#1 · (Edited)
I hate this gig now due to the pay cuts. So, now I am working on my deactivation.

All along, I played by the rules....no more.

My policies
Where are you going? If I don't like it, cancel.
Child with car seat? Sorry, cancel.
Pool with groceries? I'll drive up and if that's you with the groceries, cancel...Hopefully i can still swing the cancel fee.
Stops? Don't even expect a stop unless you give me a cash tip. Take your sheyot because I am leaving you.
I set destination filter home and it wants me to drive you 5 miles past my exit? You're getting dropped off at my exit. Bye.
You offer me weed, let's smoke it right in my car.
Uber pool taking time to get to car.....cancel. I don't care if you are 1 foot from the car. You are not in it and your time is up.
You have a wheelchair that won't fit, I'm not even going to stop.
Clean the car? .....lol

Also, I'm going to tell each pax how lousy UBER is and that my bank account is overdrawn and I do not have any food. I'm going to panhandle in my own car, UBER.

PS: I used to be a nice person.

OH, I should play pro Trump stuff in the car all day, too.

See less See more
#3 ·
I hate this gig now due to the pay cuts. So, now I am working on my deactivation.

My policies
Pool with groceries? I'll drive up and if that's you with the groceries, cancel...Hopefully i can still swing the cancel fee.
Stops? Don't even expect a stop unless you give me a cash tip. Take your sheyot because I am leaving you.
I set destination filter home and it wants me to drive you 5 miles past my exit? You're getting dropped off at my exit. Bye.
Uber pool taking time to get to car.....cancel. I don't care if you are 1 foot from the car. You are not in it and your time is up.

Also, I'm going to tell each pax how lousy UBER is and that my bank account is overdrawn and I do not have any food. I'm going to panhandle in my own car, UBER.

It's like Khosrowshahi is your disapproving Daddy
and you're a rebellious self destructive child ?
Craving Daddy Khosrowshahi attention

Creepy ✅

#7 ·
Why not just stop driving?

I agree with your last statement about telling pax how poor you are. It may help you with tips!
I have no choice for about two weeks. I am done, though. But, I'm going to have as much fun being a bi*** as I can before I go.

Funny, you were the same user "trying" to critique me for how I was driving in my market for Uber, yet you are the one in an overdrawn bank account situation and claim to have no food ..

Ironic
Were you sitting around waiting and being a sucker? That would be the reason. I would be more broke had I done that.

#9 ·

My policies
Clean the car? .....lol

There just might be a better alternative. Why not just quit or stop driving altogether??

#18 ·
Won't work.
We are already doing all those things and we're still driving.

You're gonna have to try harder.
I think you are right. Last week, I had a Lyft passenger go two blocks to the convenience store. I left her. I get a message that she left her wallet in my car. I did one ride before I got the message but I did not see a wallet. I thought that one may do it, but no. I did not even get a nasty note from Lyft.

#20 ·
My policies
This guy is not @@@@ing around. I like it.

#22 ·
I think this is a great "how-to" manual for the rest of us. I see nothing vindictive in the OP's plan. It's more like he's standing his ground. Uber calls us partners? Well, partners are supposed to have a say in how things are done. If everyone did as OP is planning, that would be our say. And U/L would be forced to make some much needed changes. Like I keep saying, U/L is the problem here. Not the drivers, and not the pax. The rideshare platform itself is what has incentivized us into the bitter, feuding, bankrupting, demoralizing, hole that we're in.

#27 ·
In one month....or less. I'm going to be a hellion until then.

That may take a long time. I've got a better suggestion, compliment a female pax by telling her " you have a nice flat a$$ and a pair of juicy melons " or say " Female Ghostbusters and Captain Marvel movie is $hit ". Guarantee you'll get the sack the next day.
I'm a woman. I did tell a guy he looked good one time and he did tip me.

#28 ·
Because the OP is a woman, it may not come across as offensive as a man saying that. I've had some female pax say stuff to me that I wouldn't have guessed they would since I'm a woman, and I'm a straight one. One said she'd have sex with me. Um no, not going to happen.

I did tell a guy he looked good one time and he did tip me.
I'll have to try that for more tips. ?

#30 ·
I am on a similar path my friend. It is what I call, not giving two you know what’s anymore.

Besides the smoking weed in the car. Usually the pax ask if they can smoke a blunt. Backwoods have a difficult smell to get rid of. Compared to other wraps. If they ask I’ll hand them my live resin full spectrum cartridge. Take that dab to the head my friend!

#31 ·
I am on a similar path my friend. It is what I call, not giving two you know what's anymore.

Besides the smoking weed in the car. Usually the pax ask if they can smoke a blunt. Backwoods have a difficult smell to get rid of. Compared to other wraps. If they ask I'll hand them my live resin full spectrum cartridge. Take that dab to the head my friend!
I do not think it's out of line if I say, I love you.

#42 ·
I had a neighbor who literally drove in his underwear for Lyft , picked up female pax's and still couldn't get deactivated.
Is that really true? This is going to be more fun than I thought!!!

I admire people who don't get mad, they just get even. This is what I call getting restitution for past injustices.

I enjoy driving for Uber/Lyft, but I totally get the OP's stance here. When something is broken and beyond repair, you toss it around like the piece of crap that it is. Sounds like the OP has finally decided that driving for this company is bridge too far, making it a bridge worth burning.

Please keep us updated on your progress. I suspect you will have supplement your new policies with additional mayhem before you finally get the "Dear John" letter from Uber.
Oh yeah, this weekend is going to be a blast!!! I have no choice but to drive because I did not plan better. Let's drive this thing.

#55 · (Edited)
I have no choice for about two weeks. I am done, though. But, I'm going to have as much fun being a bi*** as I can before I go.

Were you sitting around waiting and being a sucker? That would be the reason. I would be more broke had I done that.
Making an ass of your self publicly is pointless. Just quit man. One of those passengers you want to abuse might be in position in the future to decide your fate in something meaningful for you.

Stop trying to ruin your life over a gig that turned south. Just move on.

#74 ·
:) I've literally watched you do this and as soon as I see the car driving the other way while "still in pickup mode". I just switch to lyft and watch you keep driving until eventually you cancel.

But by then I'm home or at my destination.

And if by chance there's a cancel fee I make sure not only do I get that credit back-but I ask the rep to make sure that it's clawed back.

There's a difference between me not having my butt ready and toes on the curb waiting and drivers just being jerks.

#64 ·
Nicely stated! I hope you have fun on your journey to deactivation as I am sure you lost a lot of joy in your life driving the paxoles around and dealing with the millennial mismanaged Uber employees. You deserve some good laughs and smiles as we all do. All drivers can learn something from your post and when they finally realize how much money it is costing them to be exploited by Uber they will hopefully begin the same deactivation journey. Bravo.

Funny, you were the same user "trying" to critique me/pass judgement for how I was driving in my market for Uber, yet you are the one in an overdrawn bank account situation and claim to have no food ..

Ironic
what is ironic is you obviously didn't see the satire in what he wrote regarding the food/bank account albeit I presume it is not too far-fetched for some drivers.

#65 ·
Nicely stated! I hope you have fun on your journey to deactivation as I am sure you lost a lot of joy in your life driving the paxoles around and dealing with the millennial mismanaged Uber employees. You deserve some good laughs and smiles as we all do. All drivers can learn something from your post and when they finally realize how much money it is costing them to be exploited by Uber they will hopefully begin the same deactivation journey. Bravo.

what is ironic is you obviously didn't see the satire in what he wrote regarding the food/bank account albeit I presume it is not too far-fetched for some drivers.
Save your attempt at trying to be smart .. I presume this was also satire on another thread, right?

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.