Working in Brevard

leaMay

I was wondering what do you guys think about the work in Brevard. I live in the county and tried to work at different times and different areas. It is extremely slow most of the time but sometimes I get lucky. I know weekend nights are busy but I'm unable to work then. I try to go to Orlando where its a lot busier but the ridiculously low rates are KILLING me! I like it so much that the rates are higher here but the problem is there is barely any work. I don't mind driving a distance to a different area if the rates are normal but I don't know where. Of course the best would be to work here in the county so I don't have to travel so I was wondering what your experience is like and what works well... Thanks so much!

P.S I was also wondering if anyone tried Kennedy Space Center? Is there a queue there and how does it work.

Sly

There are too many drivers everywhere. There are close to 16 drivers in FIFO que at Cape Canaveral every weekend. Your best bet is to find a real job.

Sly

You posted in another thread you are already working the Port which means you already know about the que. Open your customer ap it'll show you the 8 closest drivers. Move the pin around to see the rest. See for yourself how oversaturated every place is. Shit they even have 4 Ubers in Titusville.

leaMay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its unfair that we are unable to see the actual queue and know what our place in line is. Sometimes I have to leave and if I know I'm next in line I might stay but if I'm tenth then I wont. I also don't know how reliable this queue really is. One day I got to the port late at about 9am, I was at the terminal and as soon as I got there I get a trip request. Its almost impossible that there were no other drivers ahead of me. The worst must be though being disconnected for no reason after waiting for hours. I wonder what is the cause of that.

Sly

It's unfair we can't see their destination until after we start the route.
Only thing to do about it is deal with it or quit.

leaMay, I have the same problem driving here on the Space Coast. Way too many drivers for far too few trips. Some other observations:
- Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral is really super saturated with drivers. However, once in awhile, I pick up a trip, but they are very short. Late Fri and Sat night it picks up and sometimes goes into a surge. However, this weekend I have noticed no surge at all in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral/ Merritt Island, Cocoa.
- I have tried Daytona Beach and New Syrma Beach. Holiday weekends I do about $350 up there. But other weekends, once again too many drivers.
- Sometimes, I just go online while sitting at home watching TV. From where I live the trips will be longer and if I get another trip while I am out of course I am going to take it.
- I have also tried Orlando, but it's dead for at least an hour round trip. The tourist areas sometimes are busy, but unless you are in the surge, it doesn't pay much. If you can stay out late, waiting for the parks to close, sometimes I see a surge of guests and employees needing rides. Some areas like international drive that traffic is horrible. Another, source of rides in Orlando are the shopping malls. I have noticed more surges north of downtown Orlando like Winter Park having more surge activity. Before I give Orlando another try, I need to get more tuned into what events are going on and position myself in the area.

Two things I wish Uber would do, but I know they never will:
- Stop recruiting for drivers in territories that are saturated with drivers.
- Cap the number of drivers that can go online when a territory is saturated. For example, Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral.

I was in Cleveland last week (after the convention) and two Uber drivers told me they make about $900 a week and they work 5 days a week. If I could make $900 a week, that would be great. But they have a different market. It's not about tourists or special events, it's about everyday people using it for utility transportation like work or school. Both drivers typically have a second trip waiting. I don't think we have that kind of market here.