• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Working for uber for 3+ years and they deactivate my account

omer

Hi guys,My story will tell you people how much uber care about driver. I drove for uber for 3+ years in NYC. Uber deactivate my account cause some customer complain them that I took cash which I didn't. This customer call me and said to me that he left umbrella in my car. I checked and didn't find it. I told him I don't have it. Next thing I don't know what he told uber and uber cancel my account. Driving for uber is not reliable. I am putting a law suit against them for putting a BLAME on me without evidence that I took cash money when i didn't.

UberAntMakingPeanuts

Hi guys,My story will tell you people how much uber care about driver. I drove for uber for 3+ years in NYC. Uber deactivate my account cause some customer complain them that I took cash which I didn't. This customer call me and said to me that he left umbrella in my car. I checked and didn't find it. I told him I don't have it. Next thing I don't know what he told uber and uber cancel my account. Driving for uber is not reliable. I am putting a law suit against them for putting a BLAME on me without evidence that I took cash money when i didn't.
Uber found out I took cash from a pax once and never deactivated me. They just sent me a message not to do it again. Good luck

The Gift of Fish

It is true that there is no security working for Uber/Lyft - you can be deactivated at any time for any reason with no notice. For this reason, no driver should invest any money in a car for this gig, or give up any stable job. It's just the way it is; all drivers should be aware from the beginning that they could be done at any moment.

escott24

dashcam, false report, small claims court, payment for loss of wages and potential reinstatement. ...of course you have the dashcam..right?

dirtylee

Go to the greenlight.
Also, maybe stop driving ghetto pax. Rich people are better behaved & appreciate the service.

AuxCordBoston

Please post the emails from Uber so that we can verify your story.

Oscar Levant

One thing I have figured out is that how they treat you depends a lot on where you are driving, they don't have a consistent policy. In San Diego, I've had a lot of times something weird happened, a bad experience, or whatever, and I always text the office what happened, and how I handled it. I don't get emotional or anything like that, just strict, just the facts, and they never have deactivated me. one time, a pax said I slammed on the brakes and hit a pedestrian, ( which would be a hit and run ) etc. I told them I had no idea who was giving this complaint, didn't recall slamming on the brakes, and I sure as hell didn't hit anyone for if I had, I would have gotten out of my car and called 911 medics, etc, anyway, they were trying to drum up a whiplash claim, but I told the insurer they were scamming us, and they believed me. They did put my account on hold, but it was only a couple of hours while I drove down to the office and cleared it up. Lyft doesn't have an office, and I don't like that about lyft, but Uber does, which is better for things like this, much better than dealing with email. But, Lyft has a phone number to call, but Uber doesn't. Sounds like in your city they would have believed the pax. But, evidence was on my side, since photos of car showed no damage, and the braking detectors they use on us didn't reveal any slamming on brakes, so I was exonerated there. Good luck

Tom Harding

I had one trip where the rider claimed he paid me $60 cash for the trip. Uber asked if I accepted cash from the rider. I said the rider left me a $20 tip, but other than that no cash was exchanged. I explained that all riders know the fare will be charged to their method of payment and that rider was lying. Uber responded with "Not to worry, but we will monitor your account for this type of complaint". Another words, they didn't actually believe me, but were unable to prove differently. Uber support totally SUCKS.
Go to a Uber Hub and present your case and you will most likely be reinstated. Don't rely on Uber support for any help or understanding because they are just a bunch of idiots trying to look good to management, which also SUCKS.

One thing I have figured out is that how they treat you depends a lot on where you are driving, they don't have a consistent policy. In San Diego, I've had a lot of times something weird happened, a bad experience, or whatever, and I always text the office what happened, and how I handled it. I don't get emotional or anything like that, just strict, just the facts, and they never have deactivated me. one time, a pax said I slammed on the brakes and hit a pedestrian, ( which would be a hit and run ) etc. I told them I had no idea who was giving this complaint, didn't recall slamming on the brakes, and I sure has hell didn't hit anyone for if I had, I would have gotten out of my car and called 911 medics, etc, anyway, they were trying to drum up a whiplash claim, but I told the insurer they were scamming us, and they believed me. They did put my account on hold, but it was only a couple of hours while I drove down to the office and cleared it up. Lyft doesn't have an office, and I don't like that about lyft, but Uber does, which is better for things like this, much better than dealing with email. But, Lyft has a phone number to call, but Uber doesn't. Sounds like in your city they would have believed the pax. But, evidence was on my side, since photos of car showed no damage, and the braking detectors they use on us didn't reveal any slamming on brakes, so I was exonerated there. Good luck
Unfortunately that sounds like "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT". Uber's and Lyft's policies.

canyon

You may want to work on your English a little more. That will go a long way with what your doing.

steveK2016

I had one trip where the rider claimed he paid me $60 cash for the trip. Uber asked if I accepted cash from the rider. I said the rider left me a $20 tip, but other than that no cash was exchanged. I explained that all riders know the fare will be charged to their method of payment and that rider was lying. Uber responded with "Not to worry, but we will monitor your account for this type of complaint". Another words, they didn't actually believe me, but were unable to prove differently. Uber support totally SUCKS.
Go to a Uber Hub and present your case and you will most likely be reinstated. Don't rely on Uber support for any help or understanding because they are just a bunch of idiots trying to look good to management, which also SUCKS.

Unfortunately that sounds like "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT". Uber's and Lyft's policies.
It is. Only criminal charges by the government are subject to the presumption of innocence.

uberparadise

That's awful. You are not the first nor the last. Sorry for the injustice. Try to get reinstated with a very nice apology even if u are in the right.

UberAntMakingPeanuts

Sometimes they don't even wanna hear it. Guilty until you talk to your local news channel.

Irishjohn831

I’m confused by took cash, does that mean stole cash from customer or that customer offered you cash to drive him somewhere and you accepted.

If customer booked uber trip, you take customer, customer pays uber who pays you, where is cash taken ?