Women Only Ride-share companies

Have you heard about the women only Rideshare companies?
I can say I understand the concept but this on all levels seem to be discriminatory and impractical. People are people; men and women. Women can be every bit as dangerous as men and in some cases even more so. What are your thoughts? I still think that taking safety measures for both riders and drivers is the best option for society as a whole. While there is a niche market for these companies, they are leaving themselves wide open for lawsuits and they can't guarantee women will be safe simply by having only women riders and drivers.

Red Leader

I can say I understand the concept but this on all levels seem to be discriminatory and impractical. People are people; men and women. Women can be every bit as dangerous as men and in some cases even more so. What are your thoughts? I still think that taking safety measures for both riders and drivers is the best option for society as a whole. While there is a niche market for these companies, they are leaving themselves wide open for lawsuits and they can't guarantee women will be safe simply by having only women riders and drivers.

Either you are ok with discrimination, or you are not.

I'm ok with some discrimination.

The Mollusk

They *can* be as dangerous as men, but the numbers prove otherwise. Men are much *much* more dangerous and commit the bulk of violent crimes.

tohunt4me

They are illegal.
Sexism is illegal.