WITNESSED INTOX DRIVER KILL 2 INNOCENT MOTORIST'S

UGGY MONSTER

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (163213203) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Tif (Uber)

Jul 8, 01:41 PDT

Hey Rick--

Thanks for letting us know about this trip, and thank you for being available for the assistance of the police. I can't imagine how trying of an experience that must have been for you. I'm also glad to know that you were not injured here.

If you are contacted by the police with a request for any data from your trip, Uber will fully cooperate with any formal request from Law Enforcement in regards to any relevant data.

Thanks again for being so awesome, Rick!

Warm Regards,

Tif
help.uber.com

RICK MICHAELS

Jul 6, 22:31 PDT

Dear UBER Support,
Tonight, around 10:16 p.m., I witnessed an intoxicated driver on the 59 freeway involve in a fatality accident, my client & I were held as material witnesses by Houston Police Investigators since the driver of the vehicle that was hit by the drunk driver died at the scene.
The dash cam that I have in my vehicle recorded the entire incident of the drunk driver hitting & killing the other driver of the vehicle.
I had to take myself offline for this. Lost a great deal of pay due to this.
Nust wanted UBER to know ehat took place tonight.
Sincerely,
Rick Michaels

UGGY MONSTER

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I surrendered the memory card from my dash camera that I have mounted in my vehicle that is facing forward, it records my driving to protect myself as well as my clients in case of any accident or any other incident.

I have the memory card from the camera that contained the entire 29 minutes of me following the intoxicated driver untill he entered the freeway killing those two other innocent drivers.

Since I was on the phone with the police on 911, recorded the entire incident with my dash cam and I saw the drunk drivers face, I am now the key witness to the entire event.

At one point, I had to prevent my client from jumping out of my car, and getting into his vehicle while he was stopped at a stop sign, &we were behind him for more than 8 minutes and taking his keys away from him because I felt it was way too dangerous for her to do so.

I did not do so well on duty tonight, because I felt that when we were at that stop sign behind that drunk driver for more than eight minutes, I felt that there was more I could have done to stop him, to prevent this tragedy from happening and I feel so guilty that I did not take more action to prevent this tragedy from happening, to prevent 2 young innocent people's lives from being taken.

Guilt is a very heavy, emotional weight to bare on one's conscience, and I bare my guilt!

Rick Michaels

------ Original message------
Date: Fri, Jul 8, 2016 3:41 AM
To: RICK MICHAELS;
Cc:
Subject:
[Uber] Re: WITNESSED INTOX DRIVER KILL ANOTHER DRIVER TONIGHT!

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (163213203) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Tif (Uber)

Jul 8, 01:41 PDT

Hey Rick--

Thanks for letting us know about this trip, and thank you for being available for the assistance of the police. I can't imagine how trying of an experience that must have been for you. I'm also glad to know that you were not injured here.

If you are contacted by the police with a request for any data from your trip, Uber will fully cooperate with any formal request from Law Enforcement in regards to any relevant data.

Thanks again for being so awesome, Rick!

Warm Regards,

Tif
help.uber.com

RICK MICHAELS

Jul 6, 22:31 PDT

Dear UBER Support,
Tonight, around 10:16 p.m., I witnessed an intoxicated driver on the 59 freeway involve in a fatality accident, my client & I were held as material witnesses by Houston Police Investigators since the driver of the vehicle that was hit by the drunk driver died at the scene.
The dash cam that I have in my vehicle recorded the entire incident of the drunk driver hitting & killing the other driver of the vehicle.
I had to take myself offline for this. Lost a great deal of pay due to this.
Nust wanted UBER to know ehat took place tonight.
Sincerely,
Rick Michaels

This email is a service

Tim In Cleveland

There wasn't much more you can do. You could have tried to call the police before the accident but that doesn't mean they would have come and stopped it. I called on a drunk driver once, even provided the plate number. The police did nothing.
Thanks for being a witness. The victim's loved ones will be forever grateful and it will help prosecute the drunk driver.

Squirming Like A Toad

Wow that's heavy. If you think you have an intox on the road with you and you have a passenger it might be best to explain what you are doing and divert from your route to get away from him. Following a drunk driver for 29 minutes is not really a good idea.

simpsonsverytall

Wow that's heavy. If you think you have an intox on the road with you and you have a passenger it might be best to explain what you are doing and divert from your route to get away from him. Following a drunk driver for 29 minutes is not really a good idea.
i guess this is a forum, and everyone criticizes everyone as if they are experts, but maybe not the classiest thing to do