Without a weekly report card, can Flex drivers be deactivated?

galileo5

I received two warning letters from Amazon this week.

I get that Prime drivers get a weekly progress report to see how close to the edge they are, but how does Amazon keep track of those who don't do Prime? How are Flex drivers supposed to know how close they are to deactivation?

*And no, these warnings aren't about customers not receiving their packages.

flexiblelou

I was deactivated a couple of weeks ago. The reason was for missing too many shifts. I requested they reconsider because I only ever missed my first 2 shifts (months before the deactivation). It took several weeks to hear from Amazon but they reinstated me b

Qtpa2d

I received two warning letters from Amazon this week.

I get that Prime drivers get a weekly progress report to see how close to the edge they are, but how does Amazon keep track of those who don't do Prime? How are Flex drivers supposed to know how close they are to deactivation?

*And no, these warnings aren't about customers not receiving their packages.
I never got any kind of warning and was let go yesterday. They said I had 4 instances of not returning undeliverables back to the station. I've NEVER done this in the whole 4 months I worked there. Shitty to say the least!

limepro

You can be deactivated for anything even looking at someone wrong, they have no obligation to keep you. Be friendly, on time, and do your job and most likely it won't happen but sometimes things out of your control happen. Our only recourse is to email and hope for the best.

flexian

You can be deactivated for anything even looking at someone wrong, they have no obligation to keep you. Be friendly, on time, and do your job and most likely it won't happen but sometimes things out of your control happen. Our only recourse is to email and hope for the best.
agreed....if ur not in the exalted group...then its the most petty and vindictive job you have ever had.....yet they want to make it seem like it is robotic(and fair) via the app....not really.....

cant wait for the day the whole thing is run out of Seattle....that is the only hope for ppl who just want to work and dont care to play politics....

Last edited:

kmatt

What can get you deactivated besides missing blocks and getting too many packages reported as not delivered?
The only people that have been deactivated in my Prime Now market have deserved it for doing stupid shit. We haven't had any random deactivation like 4 hour logistics is experiencing.

UTX1

The only people that have been deactivated in my Prime Now market have deserved it for doing stupid shit. We haven't had any deactivation randomness like 4 hour logistics is experiencing.
Theft is still a big problem. People steal stuff. Hard to believe but people want to take
some of the most ridiculous and worthless shjt you'd ever think to walk off with.

Inside Amazon as well, Loss Prevention once told me that teriyaki beef jerky is the
most popular theft item in fulfillment centers. Not TV's, jewelry, or something worth taking.
Beef Jerky ! and especially teriyaki beef jerky ! The world is broken....

UberPasco

Theft is still a big problem. People steal stuff. Hard to believe but people want to take
some of the most ridiculous and worthless shjt you'd ever think to walk off with.

Inside Amazon as well, Loss Prevention once told me that teriyaki beef jerky is the
most popular theft item in fulfillment centers. Not TV's, jewelry, or something worth taking.
Beef Jerky ! and especially teriyaki beef jerky ! The world is broken....
I can neither confirm nor deny that when I was working overnights at a supermarket, beef jerky and whipped cream MAY have been the loss of choice. :wink:

kmatt

The only people that have been deactivated in my Prime Now market have deserved it for doing stupid shit. We haven't had any random deactivation like 4 hour logistics is experiencing.
I wouldn't do logistics for nothing if they are giving out 70 deliveries for $72. That's @@@@ing ridiculous.

Shangsta

I wouldn't do logistics for nothing if they are giving out 70 deliveries for $72. That's &%[email protected]!*ing ridiculous.
Again the draw to logistics is that its easy on your vehicle. Even if you get 70 deliveries they are usually within a 15 mile radius so you save money on gas, maintenance and car depreciation. Most warehouses are between 35 and 50 packages, 70 is on the excessive side.

Shangsta

A dollar for a same day delivery. Wow! Bravo Amazon!
Logistics drivers dont do same day deliveries. They are usually prime 2 day deliveries, so we dont have to get the packages to the person in any particular time frame.