• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

With Uber rider is always right when they complain. Your word, rating and good history mean nothing.

Was deactivated. One of 4 riders wondered if I had an au iliary cord to use. I said no. Rider got belligerent after I explained my policy on charger cords, etc. After 18 min ride he slammed door. I reported to Uber. I got deactivated because I made them feel uncomfortable. Total baloney. Do not drive for Uber. LYFT is more lenient but not in headlines for rapist and murderer drivers.

Uber_Yota_916

A simple no to their question would have saved you a lot of haste. Instead of giving the passenger the riot act. Although there is some satisfaction to putting the pax in their place.

UberUber81

Uber: "Hello, this is so and so, how can we help you today?"
Driver: "Yes I'm a driver and this last passenger just pulled a knife on me and severely cut me."
Uber: deactivates driver
Uber: "Thanks for your feedback!"

Lythium

A simple no to their question would have saved you a lot of haste. Instead of giving the passenger the riot act. Although there is some satisfaction to putting the pax in their place.
Agreed! I am wondering about his customer service skills. If I asked a driver if they had a cord and they came back with a whole diatribe on why they don't provide them instead of a simple "Sorry, I don't have one" I might be turned off too. I'll be the first to admit that some pax can be rude, but I drive the bar rush every weekend and rarely have a "bad" passenger when you should expect to have a higher percentage of them, and I know that's it's due to the way I treat my customers.

On the reverse, I hear so many horror stories from pax about rude drivers, so when they ride with me and I'm actually friendly they are relieved, and generally act accordingly. You don't have to kiss their a**es, I never do, but be friendly and treat them like human beings. More often than not they will respond to you in kind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pax Collector Stories 8
valuber Advice 6
O Advice 13