Winter months

Fast Times @ UBER

What's that mean in english
Simply put, if you have a reasonable goal for a specific time value and are happy bringing home an extra $150 week for miscellaneous expenses and you are only making a $100 resetting those goals or expectations should not be an issue. However, if you need a $1000/week to meet fixed costs, then your expectations and goals are less flexible.

Simply put, if you have a reasonable goal for a specific time value and are happy bringing home an extra $150 week for miscellaneous expenses and you are only making a $100 resetting those goals or expectations should not be an issue. However, if you need a $1000/week to meet fixed costs, then your expectations and goals are less flexible.
My goals change weekly depending upon boost, quest, weekend activities, and my travel schedule. Sometimes I'm happy with $100 other times I shoot for $300.

Jo3030

24 inches of snow and AWD.
That's all that will work out here to make money.

New2This

24 inches of snow and AWD.
That's all that will work out here to make money.

Normally I would say yes but with Uber cancelling surge during inclement weather in Florida, would they do that here during snow?

If they kill surge in a snowstorm that's idiocy. But then it's Uber we're talking about

Jo3030

Normally I would say yes but with Uber cancelling surge during inclement weather in Florida, would they do that here during snow?

If they kill surge in a snowstorm that's idiocy. But then it's Uber we're talking about
Actually, you got a point.

DCNewbie17

A snowstorm here isn't worth working. Who wants to get stuck on the side of the road with a pax because 66 hasn't been plowed? Our area doesn't handle snow well enough to bother.

New2This

I started January of 2016, right before the big blizzard. I remember that was surge city. Lyft was dark pink and Uber was blood red over the entire map. It was glorious.

Everything was FUBAR for quite a while after that, with lots of plentiful surge everywhere. Not sure if they're so saturated with drivers there wouldn't be surge. I know my ass wouldn't be out for base.

Also some people don't know how to drive in snow. It might thin the herd

koyotemohn

I started January of 2016, right before the big blizzard. I remember that was surge city. Lyft was dark pink and Uber was blood red over the entire map. It was glorious.

Everything was FUBAR for quite a while after that, with lots of plentiful surge everywhere. Not sure if they're so saturated with drivers there wouldn't be surge. I know my ass wouldn't be out for base.

Also some people don't know how to drive in snow. It might thin the herd
Anything is better than august. I'm going to start saving for vacay in august NOW. never again.lol.

escott24

A snowstorm here isn't worth working. Who wants to get stuck on the side of the road with a pax because 66 hasn't been plowed? Our area doesn't handle snow well enough to bother.
i dunno what yall are talking about, cuz remember back in January '16 when we had those random days of snow? It was surging ALL OVER for like 3 days, the most beautiful thing I had seen. Cold weather brings more business in my opinion

DCNewbie17

i dunno what yall are talking about, cuz remember back in January '16 when we had those random days of snow? It was surging ALL OVER for like 3 days, the most beautiful thing I had seen. Cold weather brings more business in my opinion

I wasn't driving then. But it seems like drivers were paid better back then too. Just seems like risky business with a $1000-2500 deductible.

NITWITone

Team Camry didn't drive back on December 2016 told it would be icy when it snowed a inch boy was surging like crazy that day I was out in my Camry(No problem driving in the snow) raking up the surge If it snows a lot my 4x4 comes out piece of cake