Winter is coming

The farmer's almanac is predicting the worst winter in history for northeastern ohio. Based on a mild summer this year and recent cooler temperatures I think they might be right. What do you guys think and will you be driving in the bad weather?

Michael - Cleveland

Before the DNC in Cleveland a few years back, I bought a minivan so I could do XL rides. It was great. After that I decided I wanted to be able to drive a) XL rides and Select in the winter and b) drive when most others drivers either couldn't or wouldn't because of the weather. So I got a 2009 Acadia AWD with 3rd row. It paid for itself quickly (because I got it cheap) - and did exactly what I wanted... I could go out in 7X snow-storm surges and drive safely and with confidence.

I sold it a couple of months ago. As much as I like being able to drive in the really bad snow, it's just not worth it with today's low rates and the lack of surge we see now - especially at 16MPG. I make more just using the Prius at 48MPG and sticking to X rides.

tjuber

The farmer's almanac is predicting the worst winter in history for northeastern ohio. Based on a mild summer....
Mild summer? what rock do you live under? And the recent cooler temperatures happen this time of year for the past 1,000 years. That’s why we close our pool up after Labor Day.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mild summer? what rock do you live under? And the recent cooler temperatures happen this time of year for the past 1,000 years. That’s why we close our pool up after Labor Day.....
The heat and humidity have not been as bad this year compared to other years.

Oh yeah, I had one of my biggest rides ever (back this past Winter when the surge was still in Kent) His first driver got sucked into a ditch. Second got sucked into a parking meter side street. I was one of the only cars available. Guy went 18 miles from Kent to Aurora for 400$ (Tipped me 50$ to bless his soul) Should have been 300$ but we drove around to other roads where his house was (since most were on an incline and drifted shut) we tried and tried but the ice and snow made it impossible. He even got out to push me up a road LOL wasn’t sure if I’d make it home that night after aI dropped off. Blowing snow the worst I’ve ever seen. So yes it can be worth it even with the surge system now....but be prepared.
Post automatically merged:

Get a space blanket, an I-FAK (First aid kit) and some little food and water. Hand warmers would hurt either. It would probably all run you about 50$. But had my situation gone south, I for sure would to have utilized all of the mentioned above.

Mitch J.

Before the DNC in Cleveland a few years back, I bought a minivan so I could do XL rides. It was great. After that I decided I wanted to be able to drive a) XL rides and Select in the winter and b) drive when most others drivers either couldn't or wouldn't because of the weather. So I got a 2009 Acadia AWD with 3rd row. It paid for itself quickly (because I got it cheap) - and did exactly what I wanted... I could go out in 7X snow-storm surges and drive safely and with confidence.

I sold it a couple of months ago. As much as I like being able to drive in the really bad snow, it's just not worth it with today's low rates and the lack of surge we see now - especially at 16MPG. I make more just using the Prius at 48MPG and sticking to X rides.
RNC Mike not DNC. Get it right