• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Winter is coming

The farmer's almanac is predicting the worst winter in history for northeastern ohio. Based on a mild summer this year and recent cooler temperatures I think they might be right. What do you guys think and will you be driving in the bad weather?

Michael - Cleveland

Before the DNC in Cleveland a few years back, I bought a minivan so I could do XL rides. It was great. After that I decided I wanted to be able to drive a) XL rides and Select in the winter and b) drive when most others drivers either couldn't or wouldn't because of the weather. So I got a 2009 Acadia AWD with 3rd row. It paid for itself quickly (because I got it cheap) - and did exactly what I wanted... I could go out in 7X snow-storm surges and drive safely and with confidence.

I sold it a couple of months ago. As much as I like being able to drive in the really bad snow, it's just not worth it with today's low rates and the lack of surge we see now - especially at 16MPG. I make more just using the Prius at 48MPG and sticking to X rides.

tjuber

The farmer's almanac is predicting the worst winter in history for northeastern ohio. Based on a mild summer....
Mild summer? what rock do you live under? And the recent cooler temperatures happen this time of year for the past 1,000 years. That’s why we close our pool up after Labor Day.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mild summer? what rock do you live under? And the recent cooler temperatures happen this time of year for the past 1,000 years. That’s why we close our pool up after Labor Day.....
The heat and humidity have not been as bad this year compared to other years.