• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Wingz LAX Warning!

keymusic

For those of you who might be doing or trying out Wingz, they are doing the same thing that Lyft used to do by telling the drivers it's ok to pick up at LAX. They are saying just do it in the parking garages adjacent to the terminals, in other words in the middle of the airport loop. Lyft used to say it was legal to pickup on the departure level, even though they knew it wasn't. Wingz is doing the same thing. At this time, it's 100% NOT LEGAL for ANY non-TCP TNC to pick up ANYWHERE on LAX property. This may change in the future, but right now this is the case. I'm just trying to prevent anyone from getting a $1,000 misdemeanor citation from the PUC and having their car impounded.

Walkersm

They do have a better chance of getting away with it since I believe most of the pick ups are arraigned in advance the drivers can actually park in the structures (before the plane lands) and walk across to meet their clients in the baggage area, then walk them to the car. Then when they exit the structure they are in the the center of the airport so should never even see any police. Of course I am sure none of them are using any trade dress.

Drivers are willing to do it because they actually pay pretty good.

keymusic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They do have a better chance of getting away with it since I believe most of the pick ups are arraigned in advance the drivers can actually park in the structures (before the plane lands) and walk across to meet their clients in the baggage area, then walk them to the car. Then when they exit the structure they are in the the center of the airport so should never even see any police. Of course I am sure none of them are using any trade dress.

Drivers are willing to do it because they actually pay pretty good.
No question they're getting away with it. I just wanted to let the few people who don't want to be doing anything illegal know that this is what's happening. You could make a lot of money doing all sorts of illegal activities, I guess it's just where someone wants to draw the line. And it's totally sleazy for Wingz to be putting a driver in this position not knowing it's illegal and then they actually get cited and have their car impounded, exactly as Lyft used to do.

XUberMike

Checked this WingZ out, almost pays 45% more (extra for bags/people, I'm an X ) Clicked on sign up, and it stated takes a least 30 days for you to "take-off."

Walkersm

No question they're getting away with it. I just wanted to let the few people who don't want to be doing anything illegal know that this is what's happening. You could make a lot of money doing all sorts of illegal activities, I guess it's just where someone wants to draw the line. And it's totally sleazy for Wingz to be putting a driver in this position not knowing it's illegal and then they actually get cited and have their car impounded, exactly as Lyft used to do.
Yea and I a not even sure Wingz has the war chest of an Uber or Lyft to be paying everyone fines and impounds. May get hung out to dry.