• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Windsor

mike_vii

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found a study from two years ago, which says that Uber and Lyft drivers discriminate against black riders, because black riders have to wait longer for their rides.

I've had some experiences with non-white riders, and my impression is that they've been less forgiving and less charitable with me than white riders, when they rated me as their Uber driver. So, I'm wondering if Uber drivers are simply trying to avoid getting low ratings, when they avoid black riders?

I think there is a lot of distrust and suspicion between people of different races. Which might affect how such people rate each other in Uber.

MO Ibrahim

you can never do the hourly avg thing in Windsor. its week by week. some regular drivers (full timers), makes by 1200$ weekly.

Rockydrive

you can never do the hourly avg thing in Windsor. its week by week. some regular drivers (full timers), makes by 1200$ weekly.
1200$ a week is pretty decent considering the fact that Windsor has such a low population. Are Friday’s and Saturday’s busy out there?I know it won’t be Toronto busy but still doing 150-200$ kinda busy?

Rockydrive

Friday and Saturday is when you really make some money...but you gotta be out there all day.
Nice to hear that.Friday and Saturday is when most drivers make money even in Toronto but Windsor being small and with less population I was not sure whether it’s even possible to get a 1000$ a week with 50-60hrs.
Correct me if I’m wrong....is it possible to hit the 1000$magic number working 50hrs? And is it possible to pick up rides at the airport?

MO Ibrahim

Its very possible. Even new drivers are bragging about making a grand each week. And yes you can pick at the Airprt.
\

simbaa

Man, I went to college not far from Windsor (in the United States, the greatest country on the planet). My buddies and I used to go to Windsor all the time and party. Drink. Gamble. I am certain there are a few bastard children running around Ontario and I'm their father. Oh yeah. Those were the days.