• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Will uber screw you over with toll roads?

pandora.TX

I'm moving from Phoenix to Dallas, and in Dallas I've noticed there are a lot of toll roads. We don't have those here in Phoenix, and I want to make sure I don't get screwed by Uber with toll roads.

1. How often do riders want to take toll roads?
2. How much do you spend on toll roads per month on average?
3. Is Uber good about reimbursement? How often do you have to contact support to get reimbursed?
4. Is the actual tag electronic, or a tag that gets scanned?

Thank you very much.

steveK2016

So far Uber has paid all of my tolls. Just make sure you are not doing the express ways as thise are just parallel to the regular highway and may not trigger a toll reimbursement.

I havent checked my statement yet to make sure the toll paid matches the toll charge but every trip ive gone through toll, ive gotten a toll pay from Uber, so far.

TexasSteeler

Yes they will. Less often in the last year, but still never credit TEXPress lanes. Check your NTTA account when drinking your morning coffee, and submit every one they miss. I’ve never not been paid for one once I brought it to their attention.

NTXDFWDriver2017

Yes they will. Less often in the last year, but still never credit TEXPress lanes. Check your NTTA account when drinking your morning coffee, and submit every one they miss. I’ve never not been paid for one once I brought it to their attention.

Hi Texas Steeler how do you submit the information about your entity account to Uber and how do you get it reimbursed that would be really helpful thanks man!

TexasSteeler

Hi Texas Steeler how do you submit the information about your entity account to Uber and how do you get it reimbursed that would be really helpful thanks man![/QUOTE
Find the trip during which the toll occurred. Find get help within that trip. Choose I’m missing a toll. Send in details. May take several follow ups occasionally, but they’ll pay you

notmyfavoritething

You have to pay to get a tag, and then they usually pay you the discounted toll you pay when you have a tag. Like, if you don't have a toll you get a bill in the mail for maybe twice as much, and they don't pay that.

When you take a toll road, you are supposed to get paid the toll automatically. So, for example, after you complete trip and it says $7.93 including toll, or whatever.

This is dumb, but there is this bridge that costs like 63 cents, but I only get paid 57 cents, and I'm not going to go through the process of getting the six cents, but it's just a reminder that they haven't updated their maps and such.

And, the new toll road on 360 they did not pay me the $1.11 twice. It took six times each complaining to get them to pay. And I don't know if they have fixed this yet as I've so far avoided getting on the toll road since this happened.

I remember someone else here saying that he regularly got cheated for some other toll, but I don't remember which one it was.

And of course, they do not pay any of these tolls except when you have a passenger or a delivery. So you either pay them yourself on the return trip or you have a long drive home or whatever.

NTXDFWDriver2017

Thank you sir that was very helpful. One more question can i do this for my previous rides from jan 2018 until july 2018 ? I have spent over $400 in tolls so far. Thanks for the advice.

steveK2016

Where do you drive that you keep not getting paid for tolls that add up to $400?
Right? After the first $10 of not being paid, I would have clicked "avoid tolls" on google maps and told pax if they want to take the toll, theyve gotta throw cash for it. No way id rack up $400 in toll without uber paying me on them...

Uberbrent

No...they probably won’t allow you to go back more than a couple of days. Remember, they have to charge the passenger for the tolls. You would also have to tag each individual trip report for the fare adjustment.

TexasSteeler

No...they probably won’t allow you to go back more than a couple of days. Remember, they have to charge the passenger for the tolls.
When I first noticed massive missing tolls a year or so ago, they paid up on some as old as three months. As I stated before, it’s relatively rare for them to miss many now, but newer toll lanes on 183, 114, 820, 360 and TEXPress lanes are still usually missed.

Right? After the first $10 of not being paid, I would have clicked "avoid tolls" on google maps and told pax if they want to take the toll, theyve gotta throw cash for it. No way id rack up $400 in toll without uber paying me on them...
I think the point was he didn’t realize they weren’t being paid. 400 is a lot, obviously, but when I first noticed last year I ended up with about 150 getting reimbursed.

Thank you sir that was very helpful. One more question can i do this for my previous rides from jan 2018 until july 2018 ? I have spent over $400 in tolls so far. Thanks for the advice.
Just pull up the NTTA app. Check your charges. If they occurred during a ride, check the Uber or LYFT app to make sure they were paid. If not, send in through app for reimbursement. It’s easiest to check once a day and just knock them out. Also realize that TEXPress tolls are usually not processed through NTTA app the same day they are incurred. So submit those once they do appear, usually several days later.

notmyfavoritething

Lol i know right?? Too much to keep up with i should have done this earlier
Seriously though, where are you getting cheated the most? Except for being six cents short on the bridge, I hadn't had any trouble until 360, but that's only been like a month or so. You must have a different problem if it's been going on since January.

Keep track of the variable toll signs you pass and then add them up after your ride is done and send it in to uber. NOTE: if you take an express lane and a regular toll road, it fries Panjeet, I mean Dan's brain and he will only reimburse for the toll road portion. For example I took the I-30 Express lane and PGBT to go to the airport from Downtown and requested the $2.42 toll for the express lane because they had already paid the 1.10 PGBT toll to me. Instead they just deducted 1.10 from the 2.42, stating they had already paid it to me. The next time i did both, I added up all the tolls INCLUDING the toll road, and they gave me the right amount.

Getting reimbursed from Lyft is hit or miss. I dont even bother

Cary Grant

The one problem I sometimes have are the variable tolls that often don't show up on my statement for days. A couple of times, they appeared 11 and 12 days later, and Uber has stuck to their 10 day limit. Since then, I just submit max toll for each segment that same day, and I'm sure I've made up for the handful of times Uber tried to screw me.

Davestave

I’ve not been credited. If you leave dfw too fast those toll trolls will say “I assure you the toll is correct” even in the face of direct pictorial evidence. If I need an extra $50 I’m going to sit down and go thru every trip looking for unpaid tolls

The one problem I sometimes have are the variable tolls that often don't show up on my statement for days. A couple of times, they appeared 11 and 12 days later, and Uber has stuck to their 10 day limit. Since then, I just submit max toll for each segment that same day, and I'm sure I've made up for the handful of times Uber tried to screw me.
Wait there’s a ten day limit? Dang. I’ve lost again

TexasSteeler

I’ve not been credited. If you leave dfw too fast those toll trolls will say “I assure you the toll is correct” even in the face of direct pictorial evidence. If I need an extra $50 I’m going to sit down and go thru every trip looking for unpaid tolls

Wait there’s a ten day limit? Dang. I’ve lost again
Take screen shot of actual payment time and date versus incurred time and date. They’ve always eventually given in when I pressed them. Usually doesn’t even require the screenshot, but occasionally it will.