1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Will Uber drivers turn on Uber?

Discussion in 'News' started by UberComic, Sep 5, 2015.

1. UberComic

UberComic

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  2. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    Imagine this being a union job (not knowing the drop off, no tipping orders given by uber, blah blah) they would be CLOSED!!!!!!! shutdown, vanished, like nothing ever happened....like they were never here.

3. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
  4. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
  5. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    UNIONIZE???? Surely you jest! At a regular company I used to work for, someone suggested unionizing the office help, they no longer work there and nothing was ever said again. You can't unionizeUBER DRIVERS it's not a union shop. They already take 20% how much more do you want taken out for union dues, medical, dental, eye coverage, prescription, legal representation, legal advice, etc...

Liz_C likes this.
  6. SharedRideTruther

SharedRideTruther

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    Your problem with this is that riders, who have been 'Pavlovian-conditioned' not to tip, will just rate you bad for even broaching the subject.

You already get underpaid, and now your gonna get under-rated because she/he says "you are a mean UBER driver asking me to treat you like I expect to be treated at my job, with respect and pay commensurate with effort and skill applied".

And then she/he continues "If I wanted a cab, I would have just called one, waited forever, paid a fair price to haul my human a$$ somewhere important to me, then felt 'Pavlovian-conditioned' to tip THEM, because, they're a cab. You, Uber person, not so much. Now crank that radio till your ears bleed, and hold my beer, 'cause we are gonna party tonite 'cause I saved so much letting you have the honor of driving my human a$$ safely somewhere important to me, 'ugly-cheap' !"

"I will rate you like the fare you work for, which surely translates to the value you place on yourself, 'ugly-cheap'."

WARNING *** You may not be able to use this word 'ugly cheap' in scrabble, just sayin.***

(Irony is dripping down my chin, onto my clean white shirt as I type this.)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  7. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Easy solution, no tip 1*. That's the way you fight back with ubers tipping and their dysfunctional rating system.

Unfortunately, they on board kool aid drinkers so fast, difficult to keep everyone trained and on board with doing it.

8. glados

glados

You are removing the ability for other drivers to differentiate between non-tippers and actual terrible pax.

Liz_C, frndthDuvel and MarkR like this.
  9. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber

Driving:
    UberLUX
    That's the idea. Why would you pick up a non tipper? If all the 1* were cancelled on and only tippers were picked up, uber we need to make some type of change. It addresses the ranking system as well as the tipping issue.

10. glados

glados

Because something is better than nothing. If you stop picking up non-tippers, you'd get a pick up once every 4-6 hours. We both know it's impossible to get every uber driver doing this, so it's pointless and only hurts you.

Liz_C likes this.
  11. Optimus Uber

Optimus Uber

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Ok......never mind. For the rest of you, you know what I mean, right??

12. SharedRideTruther

SharedRideTruther

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    Bro, ur not 'hurting' you.
    Uber is on a landslide of soon to be shareholder growth and value gross, BUT the lack of reasonable fares and tips is the crux of the driver issue, and will remain one, till SOMETHING drastic happens.
    I like your idea.
    Just sayin

Optimus Uber likes this.
  13. Luberon

Luberon

Uber: welcome the new boss, same (or worse) than the old boss.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  14. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    TravisK's Perfect "Partner"!
    :rolleyes:

15. Luberon

Luberon

From Uber side, nothing good will happen before their IPO. They need to show high growth rate to convince investors the company is not over-valued. Who cares if drivers starve to death before then?

16. XUberMike

XUberMike

Driving:
    UberX
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. The only way to bring about change is if the good pax suffer with the non tipping bad.

Did you see "Braveheart?" Lot's of good Scot's died to bring about change. Fortunately were not taking about death of good people, just about them not getting a ride & Uber PAX having to pony up cab fare. After a few cab fares pax will gladly want a tip button on Uber.

Almost forgot...FREEDOM!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  17. SharedRideTruther

SharedRideTruther

Driving:
    UberPLUS

18. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    You're right. I usually give 4* for no tip. 1* should do it.

NH_Uber_Driver and Optimus Uber like this.
  19. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm so glad the tipping issue is alive. I was starting to wonder if everyone was ok with this whole non-tipping thing. UBER couldn't give 2 ****s about tipping. I don' think they even look at this board.

This board is a great way to vent but goes nowhere important.

Optimus Uber likes this.
  20. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    YES. I do!

Optimus Uber likes this.