1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

will this help with parking tickets? poll

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Benzri, Aug 10, 2018.

?
  1. Yes!

2. Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hi all, if anybody is interested, i made an amazon flex car decal that says delivery in progress, check it out if you want

https://amzn.to/2Ot6aX1

2. oicu812

oicu812

Useless. Unless you're a commercial vehicle, parking enforcement in most city wouldn't give a crap and give you a ticket no matter what. They will even ticket UPS & Fedex trucks in some cities.

leroy jenkins and soupergloo like this.
  3. Technically that sign is against Flex TOS.

just saying

4. ScubaMark

ScubaMark

That’s funny. Not saying your wrong, I don’t really know. But Amazon sells it, would think they would not if it’s against the TOS.

5. oicu812

oicu812

Amazon doesn't sell it. It's sold by a marketplace seller in the Amazon marketplace.

6. it's the use of the logo that's a TOS violation.

If it was plain text "Amazon: Independent Contractor Delivery" or something like that, it's ok.

A copy of the TOS is in the app. Something like Paragraph 13 or 14 about trademarks.

uberer2016 and cvflexer like this.
  7. As an Amazon Flex program participant you cannot wear, use, transmit, write, say, imply (and many other restrictions) anything that would associate you with Amazon. It is very clear in several paragraphs in the TOS.

8. The sign is fine. Amazon doesn't care.

LOL @ saying we can't associate ourselves with Amazon. That's idiotic. So when you call a customer at an apt building what do you say? You have to say this is such and such from Amazon. I'm here with your order. They record the conversations and clearly don't care.

uberer2016 likes this.
  9. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber

I usually just say that I have a package delivery. I never say that I’m with Amazon. Everyone delivers amazon packages here including ups and postal service.

The other day a guy thought I was the gas meter reader person. Sorry, no... but there’s a package for you

10. ScubaMark

ScubaMark

I’ve seen drivers pickup at the station with similar magnetic signs on their door panels.

11. I didn't write the TOS, just read them. You are supposed to read and know what you are getting yourself into. That way you will not run the chance of getting deactivated for vague reasons.

leroy jenkins likes this.
  12. oicu812

oicu812

Those are the ones like advertising the fact they have packages thieves can steal.

uberer2016 and leroy jenkins like this.
  13. ScubaMark

ScubaMark

Exactly,

14. KTMRacer

KTMRacer

Blue vest at Chino said Amazon doesn't want me to use "Amazon Flex" door signs, because we are not Amazon employees. I now put them on near my first drop. Once I was parked in a red zone in Pomona near Second St. at a stop sign and saw a Pomona P.D. black and white drive on by. Sometimes they help and sometimes they won't.

15. oicu812

oicu812

Pomona PD aren't parking enforcement nor do they care. If they want to hassle you, they would.