1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Will this become a trend?

Discussion in 'News' started by theamp18, Jan 5, 2017.

1. theamp18

theamp18 Member

2. chris1966

chris1966 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I would not be surprised. Yesterday I had a PAX who told me he couldn't beleive he spent over $500 on Uber last month. And vowed to never let it happen again.

This while he is taking an Uber, LOL!!!! So maybe not. :D

Cathi, FUberX, JayAre and 1 other person like this.
  3. andaas

andaas Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    It's one thing for someone living in NYC; I could see that being a very easy habit to fall into. Also keep in mind that the consumer cost for Uber in NYC is considerably higher (double many) than most metropolitan areas. So this same level of use would be closer to $300-400 in most large cities.

4. DriverX

DriverX Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    #MillennialProblems

5. Buckiemohawk

Buckiemohawk Active Member

I've had a few times in the past couple of months of people having to take a cab because they dont have enough money on their credit/debit card

6. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    The author spends that kinda scratch on unnecessary rides, she'll live at home forever.

Andre Benjamin 6000 likes this.
  7. FUberX

FUberX Well-Known Member

I could see LA being the same way, matter of fact, I know some people who spend about that much. It's still cheaper than owning a car. Not to mention it's impossible to get in and out of a lot places on the west side of LA....

8. andaas

andaas Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I lived in the LA area for 45 years... I don't see how it would be affordable to use Uber/Lyft exclusively here. It would simply cost way too much; seriously spending $30-45/day just on your commute (estimating $15-22 each way)? That's $750/month alone.

LA/OC is just too sprawling to support people using TNC exclusively.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  9. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Trying to save money while going out with friends on the weekends?!:rolleyes: Lmao!

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  10. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

A couple months ago I had a mom and daughter in the car, the mom *****ing about how much her daughter spends on Uber. Why? Because mom hands daughter a credit card, but the bill goes to mom. Daughter has no idea how much she spends on Uber -- turns out it's more than double what she guessed it was -- but with an arrangement like that, it's no surprise at all.

11. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Well-Known Member

People are stupid these days. Ive been stupid enough and spent $50 on add ons in angrey birds. Never spending money online anymore

12. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Grahamcracker and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  13. TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    I bought a dual band compressor pedal yesterday, used. Half the price of new.
    The tax and shipping bummed me out-another $18.36.

14. Jeeves

Jeeves Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    To lease or buy the average $20k car, insure it, maintain it, gas it, can easily cost $500-$600 per month. Getting chauffeured for $700 aint so bad.

15. TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    That's more.
    Math much?

Chada75 likes this.
  16. SmokestaXX

SmokestaXX Active Member

Ubering to that extent in Queens, NY is moronic. Keyphrase in the article...using uber is so easy.

17. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    It's easier to keep this from happening in the taxis... each inch you go is an every skyrocketing taxi fare that you know you have to pay at the end...

As apposed to uber where it slowly racks up in the background.

18. UsedToBeAPartner

UsedToBeAPartner Well-Known Member

I had a rider who said he spends about $300/month on Uber and he could not be happier that this kind of a service is available and that's in Houston and not NY or LA. He came in and out of Houston VERY often and he entertained on a regular basis. He used Uber when he would be drinking / entertaining and for all trips to / from the airport and getting around town. Never has there been a bigger supporter than this guy.
    I wish something like Uber had been available back in my bar hopping days. I ABSOLUTELY drove drunk but I would not have had I known that a ride would show up on-demand (not on a taxi schedule) and get me home safely for so little money.
    Every time I pick up a "youngster" so he can go get the car he left at the party the night before I thank them for being so responsible. I even had a "kid" tell me that one St. Patrick's night it cost him $7 to get from his house to the bar and it cost him $100 to get from the bar back home again. He was completely OK with the fare as he knew that driving home in that condition could have cost him more than $10,000!

19. SmokestaXX

SmokestaXX Active Member

I've picked up a guy twice who doesn't own a car in San Antonio. He bikes to/from work and uses uber for shopping, entertaining, etc. Only picked him up at work one trip b/c of cold weather. This guy is also a cord cutter.

20. sadboy

sadboy Well-Known Member

Dosent make sense to me people who don't drive and spend 600 to 800 on uber. What happens when there is an emergency and u can't get a ride? Or $$$$ hits the fan... who is going to drive them. A cheap basic 20k car with insurance comes to under 500 a month with insurance and that's if u buy it, lease and it's half that. What is the upside of uber??