• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Will there be a lot of demand tomorrow?

hamzawesome

Tomorrow in Detroit is the Pistons game at 7:30 and the Chief Keef concert around that time as well. Therefore should there be a lot of surge in demand for Uber tomorrow? I live an hour and a half away from Detroit so I'm not sure whether the trip will be worth it or not; if there's not a lot of demand then I don't want to waste my time or gas money. I figure those are two major events so a lot of people will be requesting rides but I'm just not sure. Will a lot of you be driving out there tomorrow?

UberMaster78

Tomorrow in Detroit is the Pistons game at 7:30 and the Chief Keef concert around that time as well. Therefore should there be a lot of surge in demand for Uber tomorrow? I live an hour and a half away from Detroit so I'm not sure whether the trip will be worth it or not; if there's not a lot of demand then I don't want to waste my time or gas money. I figure those are two major events so a lot of people will be requesting rides but I'm just not sure. Will a lot of you be driving out there tomorrow?

The pistons games are always quiet unless it's a Friday or Saturday night. Never heard of chief Keef so his music is probably as dumb as his name.

This week is quiet with kids being on mid winter break. A lot of people are out of town. Or those who may actually Uber to a pistons game on concert.

Personally I'd never even consider driving 90 mins just to drive in a different city for Uber. That's insanity

hamzawesome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally I'd never even consider driving 90 mins just to drive in a different city for Uber. That's insanity
I've done that a few times. It's been worth it each and every time, you just have to pick the nights that have a lot of demand. I drove 80 minutes to East Lansing on the Halloween/U of M football game weekend, and I made $600 from 2 nights of driving. The previous year that same weekend I made $550 and spent less than $40 on gas. So I'd say it's definitely worth it.

UberMaster78

I've done that a few times. It's been worth it each and every time, you just have to pick the nights that have a lot of demand. I drove 80 minutes to East Lansing on the Halloween/U of M football game weekend, and I made $600 from 2 nights of driving. The previous year that same weekend I made $550 and spent less than $40 on gas. So I'd say it's definitely worth it.
Less than 40 dollars in gas? 160 round trip twice? Plus the 600 in fares and you used less than 40 bucks in gas?

Good for you buddy on being the man. One weekend a year.

Ironhawk2

Lol. You guys crack me up. I have been driving for uber for about a year now. I have never posted on these forums yet. I do read these posts once in a while to see if there is any news that I haven't heard yet. But than i read your post and i just had to sign up, So i can post something. Not to be jerk, but people like you irritate the bleeping bleep out of me. You read these posts on how everyone is getting frustrated because uber/lyft is saturated with drivers. the money we make is not like it used to be. I mean i have seen more advertisements for hiring drivers than riders. Than you want to advertise how much you make. So anyone that is thinking about driving for uber can read your post and sign up to drive for uber tomorrow, Because that sounds like a great income. But you never mentioned how much you made the following week When no events are going on. Yea there was one week you did well, followed by 3 weeks of mediocrity. So for the month you did at best, average. Unfortunatly people who never drove for uber/lyft before does not see it that way. All they are looking at are the numbers. You know one of the most common questions I get from customers is 1 how long have been driving for uber and a close number 2 is how do you like it. Let me guess you tell them how much you make and you sound like the type that will take your phone out and show them your pay statements. I have a feeling you have quite a bit of customers driving for uber right now. The funny thing is you didnt get the referal . So in my opinion i would keep your earnings to yourself. Just sayin

UberMaster78

Lol. You guys crack me up. I have been driving for uber for about a year now. I have never posted on these forums yet. I do read these posts once in a while to see if there is any news that I haven't heard yet. But than i read your post and i just had to sign up, So i can post something. Not to be jerk, but people like you irritate the bleeping bleep out of me. You read these posts on how everyone is getting frustrated because uber/lyft is saturated with drivers. the money we make is not like it used to be. I mean i have seen more advertisements for hiring drivers than riders. Than you want to advertise how much you make. So anyone that is thinking about driving for uber can read your post and sign up to drive for uber tomorrow, Because that sounds like a great income. But you never mentioned how much you made the following week When no events are going on. Yea there was one week you did well, followed by 3 weeks of mediocrity. So for the month you did at best, average. Unfortunatly people who never drove for uber/lyft before does not see it that way. All they are looking at are the numbers. You know one of the most common questions I get from customers is 1 how long have been driving for uber and a close number 2 is how do you like it. Let me guess you tell them how much you make and you sound like the type that will take your phone out and show them your pay statements. I have a feeling you have quite a bit of customers driving for uber right now. The funny thing is you didnt get the referal . So in my opinion i would keep your earnings to yourself. Just sayin

This

MssweetsA2

Only a fool will answer your question, news flash as driver we are all in competition here so why in world would any1 give up this info? U have to learn the system yourself and figure it out. And if any1 gives u advice about this it probably will be false and to mislead u away from the money. Do your homework, that's my best advice!

vesolehome

Only a fool will answer your question, news flash as driver we are all in competition here so why in world would any1 give up this info? U have to learn the system yourself and figure it out. And if any1 gives u advice about this it probably will be false and to mislead u away from the money. Do your homework, that's my best advice!
There are a few of us that share. Not everyone has your attitude. In the end, most will do what they are comfortable with.
I've mentioned many times on this board to drive Palace concerts. Last weekend I was doing 2x-5x rides for 2 hours after a concert. There are never enough drivers out there. Again, because people drive where they want and don't want to go out of the way to get a ride.