Will I make it will I make it!??????

WestBurbsMac

You can do eeeeet! My first 3 trips so far took 90 minutes for a whopping $14. Luckily a $10 cash tip, but man...

The tip came from one you shmucks who got lost and refused to cancel.

mahatma57

I needed 15 today to make my 35/$68. I kept getting long trips and then got stiffed by the rematch at O'Hare, and got a bunch of short hops around River Road. By 7:15 I had 14 trips and then drove from Wrigley Field all the way to Evanston with the DF on. I didn't get a ping until I was in downtown Evanston. Finally got #15 going about 6 blocks toward my home. All told, getting the 15 took 9.5 hours (about 1.5 hours longer than I wanted to drive), but I banked $150, not including the $68 bonus.

Brady One

I needed 15 today to make my 35/$68. I kept getting long trips and then got stiffed by the rematch at O'Hare, and got a bunch of short hops around River Road. By 7:15 I had 14 trips and then drove from Wrigley Field all the way to Evanston with the DF on. I didn't get a ping until I was in downtown Evanston. Finally got #15 going about 6 blocks toward my home. All told, getting the 15 took 9.5 hours (about 1.5 hours longer than I wanted to drive), but I banked $150, not including the $68 bonus.
And how many miles did you drive ?

mahatma57

And how many miles did you drive ?
135 door to door.
The worst trip was from Michigan and Illinois to O'Hare about 2:15. I was in the express lane and it was crawling all the way.
The 3 guys in the car were all freaked out about missing their flights, and I decided to get on Foster and avoid the bottleneck at the split, but apparently there was an accident at Touhy that backed up traffic on 94, so it took about 15 minutes to exit the express lane. When I started the trip, Waze said the arrival time would be 2:58. by this time Waze said 3:24. One of the guys flight was at 3:30, and the other guy was moaning "I've never seen it this bad, this was a big mistake!". Once I got off at Foster, it was smooth sailing, and I got to the terminal at 3:18. I figured I was gonna get 1-starred but so far that hasn't happened..

outlier

135 door to door.
The worst trip was from Michigan and Illinois to O'Hare about 2:15. I was in the express lane and it was crawling all the way.
The 3 guys in the car were all freaked out about missing their flights, and I decided to get on Foster and avoid the bottleneck at the split, but apparently there was an accident at Touhy that backed up traffic on 94, so it took about 15 minutes to exit the express lane. When I started the trip, Waze said the arrival time would be 2:58. by this time Waze said 3:24. One of the guys flight was at 3:30, and the other guy was moaning "I've never seen it this bad, this was a big mistake!". Once I got off at Foster, it was smooth sailing, and I got to the terminal at 3:18. I figured I was gonna get 1-starred but so far that hasn't happened..
the worst for me from dt to ord was 1:45 hours. but why would they 1star you? it was the traffic, not you!

mahatma57

the worst for me from dt to ord was 1:45 hours. but why would they 1star you? it was the traffic, not you!
As we were passing the express lane exit to 90, the one guy said "Can't you cut over?" and I Ignored him (mainly because I was 'almost' past the exit). the traffic on the regular highway was moving slightly faster than we were, and then we were stopped altogether after I had committed to my route. My spidey-sense should have alerted me when I saw that the 94 exit was backed up, but I think they appreciated that I was trying to get them there as fast as I knew how.
The Foster trick is something I've used many times, and it usually gets me there in the same amount of time, but it is a more entertaining ride. I have a manual transmission, and my clutch foot gets sore going through that split..
Officially, Uber timed the trip at 1:15. When I heard WBEZ's traffic report, they were saying 54 min to O'Hare. It was weird to see such gridlock at 2:30 on a Thursday.

Last edited:

Sam D

yeah - done.. got it - of course I was teaching for a few hours this evening so I only;y tired to get my last three pings during the bears game

-- but in total with tips on app and cash and making the quest - I made $301 for 20 trips this week - hopefully the weekend will be ok too - I know the guys working in the city can or used to make 300 in a day easy - but I am ok with this

Seems to have picked up a lot tonight as opposed to this morning and afternoon here in Lake County

mahatma57

Every time I'm in Lake County, I stock up on cigarettes and gas. I should get some soda while I'm at it..
I hate it when I fill up in the morning and then get pulled out to Downers Grove.