Will I get a strike if I can't reach the customer?

TinyRock

One of my deliveries was to an apartment and the customer needed to answer the call box to open the gate.

I called multiple times on the gate box, but no answer. Tried calling the customer, no answer. Texted them, nothing.

I started the timer and let it run down. I was green-lit to cancel the delivery and still get paid..

I didn't want to take the order myself, so I contacted support to see if they could give a resolution, and the customer finally ended up answering the phone.

If the customer called uber and complained, would I have been negatively affected, or would I have been in the clear?

You did the right thing starting the timer. You should be okay. No need to call support.
Always send the texts and call the customer within the app so support can see you tried. When I see an apartment listed I ask for the gate code as I am leaving the restaurant, this gives the cust 10 mins to respond.

Also, try to get as close to the pin as you can, even if it is along the fence line.

williamsn411

Similar thing happened to me. I was delivering an order to a hotel. Sent customer a text that I was at the lobby (they didn’t give me their room number). So, I waited. Didn’t get a text back. So, I called them, but no one answered. So, I set the timer. Nobody responded. So, the order was put in the trash.

Ibeautylove

I set that timer. if i waited over 10 mins then theres a problem and ik thats my que of leaving. If they called back m not picking up. I am turning around and delivering the next order. No ands ifs or buts wether they like it or not. I am not going to sit there and wait for them n theres no full info. If i get hungry i am eating it. It wont go down on your rating. It makes the customers lose out on money for not being there n picking up.

Monkeyman4394

The worst thing I’ve had happen in a situation similar to that was a customer giving me a thumb down and rescinding the tip. It was $3 on a $225 shift and the thumb has cycled off. Support can bypass the ten minute timer for you, but it often takes at least ten minutes to get through.

ubergreen

Similar thing happened to me. I was delivering an order to a hotel. Sent customer a text that I was at the lobby (they didn’t give me their room number). So, I waited. Didn’t get a text back. So, I called them, but no one answered. So, I set the timer. Nobody responded. So, the order was put in the trash.
How do you set the timer?
thanks

Big Lou

If the delivery customer does not respond to your multiple calls and text and you can't find the delivery point, what is a hungry food delivery driver to do?

mama2bebes

After you’ve made an attempt to call/text the customer, then you should see a prompt at the top of the screen where it says ‘can’t reach customer’, you click that and then it allows you the option of using the timer.
I've texted multiple times and not gotten the timer.
Methinks you must make a phone call first, and then when you try to place a second phone call that is when you see the oh-dear-are-you-having-problems-finding-the-customer prompt which takes you to the timer.

Gone_in_60_seconds

You should have helped yourself to free food!!!