Uber Drivers Forum banner

Will I get a 1099K/Misc??

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AuxCordBoston 
#1 ·
Has anyone received their 1099 forms on their dashboard? I submitted the consent for it to be sent to me electrically, but have not received it.

Also I started uber mid 2017. But I made less than 200 rides. Also they say that according to my account information ℹ that I did not meet the $600 threshold. I know, me personally I earned a little over $1000, since uber was just a side job for me, so I'm just trying to understand what this 'threshold' means.

Would I be receiving any type of 1099 form? Any help or advice?

Thanks,
~B

#4 ·
Already did & that's all the info they gave me about not meeting a threshold, until they referred me to turbotax. Just wanted to see if anyone else may have had some insight.
They have until the end of the month to issue it to you. Give it till 2/1, if you still don't have it try contacting them again. In the meantime try to add up your income from bank deposits, online pay receipts etc...

#5 ·
Has anyone received their 1099 forms on their dashboard? I submitted the consent for it to be sent to me electrically, but have not received it.

Also I started uber mid 2017. But I made less than 200 rides. Also they say that according to my account information ℹ that I did not meet the $600 threshold. I know, me personally I earned a little over $1000, since uber was just a side job for me, so I'm just trying to understand what this 'threshold' means.

Would I be receiving any type of 1099 form? Any help or advice?

Thanks,
~B
I received both types of 1099s. I don't know why.

#7 ·
Found this on Uber's site:

What is the difference between a 1099-K vs 1099-MISC?
The 1099-K form reports all on-trip transactions between riders and driver-partners. We will provide you with a 1099-K if you earned at least $20,000 in gross unadjusted payments and provided at least 200 trips. If you do not meet both of these criteria, you will not receive a 1099-K.

We will provide you with a 1099-Misc if you received at least $600 in non-rider payments (i.e. referrals, on-trip promotions).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the 1099-k but no 1099-misc. Maybe I wont get one, since I made less than $600 on promos etc.
I'm assuming then, I don't include it and its not taxable when under $600.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.