Will Bad UBER Business Practices lead to it's Demise?

Jonnycash

I think so but You decide.

Here is why. Our leader has a history of making his money by setting up illegally tech companies with total disregard for the laws. In Tech it takes time for the laws to catch up because the laws on the books have not been updated in years. The problem judges have a precedent of the old laws to these new cases 95% of the time. In our leaders case the laws seem to catch up to him every time. Once they do he grabs his money and exits. His 2 other previous companies were Scour Inc and RED Swoosh. Look them up. Both were found to be operating illegally. Lawsuits followed and eventually our leader sold both companies. Now in his 3rd company we have the mis-classification of employees as Independent Contractors. Another decision that will not go in Ubers favor. Think about it. How can it? If a big company like Uber prevails then 10 years down the road there won't be many full time jobs for anyone anywhere. Don't kid yourself Many companies are looking at this case and will follow the Uber results. How would American workers survive without good paying fulltime jobs?

Uber's business plan does not seem like it will lead to any kind of long term success.

Read this article and comment please

http://investorplace.com/ipo-playbook/another-reason-to-avoid-the-uber-ipo/#.VdJrI_lViko

comradev

Robots are going to replace the vast majority of unskilled work in this country in the next ten years, if you have kids, I hope they get advanced degrees in unique fields where automation is not practical, otherwise a robot will get them eventually.

NJDriver

This post I agree with and the reason I agree is the way of the current world is here today gone tommorow. I worked for what seemed like a very stable solid company in 2007. Told everyone I would retire from it I was wrong, the company crumbled and been living the best I can since which is to say not as well as I like. I expected a downturn in 2007 but did not expect for everything to get crushed. Long time car dealerships in town that existed for decades went belly up. AIG and Citibank shells of their former selves. etc

I dont trust Uber and I dont trust anyone or anything else. You cant. Make what you can right now for it might be gone on another day.

UberXTampa

Robots are going to replace the vast majority of unskilled work in this country in the next ten years, if you have kids, I hope they get advanced degrees in unique fields where automation is not practical, otherwise a robot will get them eventually.
Robots and overseas labor.

NJDriver

They already have. Robots now command assembly lines and manufacturing plants. Who knows what the future will bring...prepare accordingly the best you can.

Chi Bones

The first mover in a new technology is not usually the one that ends up the winner. Google wasn't the first search engine, Apple didn't make the first smartphone or the first MP3 player, Microsoft didn't make the first browser. Apple, Google and Tesla among others are all interested in this business. Once Uber does the dirty work and the rules are established, they can quickly move in and take over the market. Who has the better brand name? Would you rather take a Tesla ride or an Uber ride? An Apple ride or an Uber ride. This is still a new business. There is unlimited opportunity and new players will absolutely challenge Uber.

UberXTampa

If Tesla comes up with a ride-share-car that they lease with free supercharger network, I will sleep in that car!

Millions of Uber/Lyft drivers will get in line to get a Tesla ride Share, of course if it happens one day.

Elon Musk is the person to follow even to hell not an a-hole like TK to even heaven.