Wildwood

pvtandrewmalone

It's happening again this morning.

Surge building on the driver app, no surge on pax app or Surge Chaser. Getting base rate pings over and over from what should be 1.5X, then 2.7X, then 3.2X, now up to 4.9X.

For the record...I'm on vacation with family and friends. A 4.9X with long trip attached would be enough to interrupt my Indian Summer beach day. That would be over $500 to New York or Philly areas. No such luck. :smiles:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170924-122936.png
    Screenshot_20170924-122936.png
    52 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20170924-123228.png
    Screenshot_20170924-123228.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

SuzeCB

It's happening again this morning.

Surge building on the driver app, no surge on pax app or Surge Chaser. Getting base rate pings over and over from what should be 1.5X, then 2.7X, then 3.2X, now up to 4.9X.

For the record...I'm on vacation with family and friends. A 4.9X with long trip attached would be enough to interrupt my Indian Summer beach day. That would be over $500 to New York or Philly areas. No such luck. :smiles:
What do you mean that there's no surge on the passenger app?

CYP

I was in that red cloud yesterday. Nary a ping while I was in it. When it went away, busy as normal. Still had a great weekend driving there.

Ty110072

Yes I've been dealing with it all weekend I was driving the Irish fest. I've been taking a screen shot of the surge calling in to support not emailing. While I'm on the phone they send me an email link. I upload the screen shot. They have been adjusting my fairs to the surge price. Musta called support 5 times yesterday. So much they put a note next to my name as to what was going on, as to save me sometime when I call. The last time I called she told me others are complaing about that as well. She said she would put a ticket into tech support to fix the proablam. So I recommend you do what I did if you have the screen shots. Just call tell them the trip ask for them to send you a link while you wait on the phone and send the corresponding screen shot. They should by now already be aware of the issue.

Ardery

Yes I've been dealing with it all weekend I was driving the Irish fest. I've been taking a screen shot of the surge calling in to support not emailing. While I'm on the phone they send me an email link. I upload the screen shot. They have been adjusting my fairs to the surge price. Musta called support 5 times yesterday. So much they put a note next to my name as to what was going on, as to save me sometime when I call. The last time I called she told me others are complaing about that as well. She said she would put a ticket into tech support to fix the proablam. So I recommend you do what I did if you have the screen shots. Just call tell them the trip ask for them to send you a link while you wait on the phone and send the corresponding screen shot. They should by now already be aware of the issue.
no way... they adjusted your payout to the surge price?

I have doubts in the validity of this.

Ty110072

I really don't care I've been driving uber for 3 years over 6000 trips. I've posted countless times on here. You can surely go back and read my post if you think I make crap up.

However he is a copy if one of my email convermation.
A fare was adjusted When a driver or rider has questions about a fare, our support team reviews the trip and makes a decision based on the information available.
Trip date: 2017-09-24 03:07:33
Original earnings: $10.70
New earnings: $32.26
Reason: Incorrect Surge Pricing. This fare was adjusted following a report that surge was not accurately applied to this trip. We have adjusted the fare to reflect the correct surge multiplier.

When a rider or driver-partner writes in about a trip, we review the trip history and make any necessary changes to the fare.

If you believe that any of these fare adjustments are incorrect, you can request a review using your app and we’ll follow up with you.

Ardery

I'm not going back reading your other posts.

and I'm really not hating on you.

but you're saying you called Uber and they adjusted all your rides to the surge price?

EACH TIME YOU CALLED IN?

sorry. don't believe it. not for a second.

Ty110072

I don't care what you believe or not. I just posted my last email conformation. I'm just here to help people who were affected by this proablam. And if you read my first post you would see I asked them to put a note on my account that their was an issue, which they did I asked them so it wouldn't be a problem when I called if their were more. So every time after that all they had to do was refer to the note. Yes I still had to upload screen shots of all of them. They put you on hold review the screen shots and credit me. This was the latest one that goes with the last post I made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170924-030835.png
    Screenshot_20170924-030835.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 23

pvtandrewmalone

Spent the whole weekend here. Didn't drive at all. Thought about driving then badgering support, but didn't do it because:

1. That takes extra time, with no guarantee of a fare adjustment. My experience with phone support seems very hit or miss depending on which rep or call center you get.

2. The pax were clearly not being charged surge, even when the surge cloud was present. I was at the Irish Fest. Paid $8.05 inbound at 8PM and $9.55 at 1AM outbound, from Wildwood Crest to North Wildwood. Like I said before, cheaper for 4 people than taking the trolley bus.

Both times got local guys from Wildwood. One guy was very talkative, older retiree doing this for extra money, reminded me of my Grandpa. He told me he doesn't surge chase, he is happy with the shore rate. Told me most trips are local, but maybe once or twice a month in summer he gets a unicorn EWR, NYC, or Philly run, "those are like hitting the jackpot".

Last edited:

CYP

Irish fest was pretty fun to drive people around. I saw one driver putting green glow sticks in his van HAHAH. I also had one woman upon picking up "Youre really handsome" which escalated to "If I was up front I would be rubbing your legs and jamming my tongue down your throat" Got a 15.00 tip and a hug at the end.

Drunk people are fun when they are happy

Ty110072

It's funny I was wondering when they adjusted my fairs, if they went back and charged the pax the difference or just eat it? I really hope they just eat it.