Uber Drivers Forum banner

Why?

2K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  Attockpak1 
#1 ·
Why do drivers tailgate the crap outta u in NY? Yesterday I was on the SIE and I was going about 60-65 which is fast for the sie. But there's a tlc Ford behind me and he's tailgating me ..and then he passes me and looks at me as if I just did killed his mother...seriously bro? If you want to go 80 mph on the sie then just go to the other lane..there's no need to tailgate. I'm not getting a ticket because you can't read a mph sign.

Man I'm starting to see why tlc drivers get into so many accidents. It's because some tlc drivers are careless and have no respect for other drivers on the road!

Also what's up with drivers sticking their feet out of the window at the airport? That's just mad weird lol

#11 ·
Kevin7889 ~ You've every right to drive the posted speed limit...... IN THE MIDDLE LANE!!!
If you think the guy riding your bumper was going to get a ticket; you're mistaken. You would've gotten it for essentially driving too slow in the fast lane.

Reading your post I clearly see you think your stubbornness makes you right..... It only makes you look like the one who doesn't know the rules of the road.

#21 ·
Maybe a slight edit..... you don't get a ticket for going "too slow in the fast lane" because it's not a fast lane. It's a passing lane.

So if my car gets damaged, I'm just supposed to smile and accept it? Unwritten rules aren't law. They mean nothing to a judge

So if I damaged your car because you're not going fast enough would u find a way to make me pay damages or just smile at me and say have a great day?
Dude, as someone who drives to pay their bills you're really sounding like a jerk. I'm completely done w/ this thread.

#26 ·
This is a driving culture issue. Too many ******s stick to the left lane because the road is nicer and moves 1 mph faster. This thought has been embedded into the mind of the drone driver. I say this because how many times has the mid and left lane been jammed when the right lane is completely open.

I used to be completely stupid and throw a poland spring bottle but I realized after much reflection that the only way I can be of service to the intelligent (few) drivers in society is by providing a dose of the same medicine.

So lets say Im in my sports car and Kev is jamming up the left lane with his PAX going 60 mph in the passing lane. I then proceed to go around and infront of Kev or any other magoo driver and drive 45 mph and keep dropping a mph every 5 seconds(ish). All of a sudden its that very same driver ignoring my highbeams that now flashes me and feels the need to go around. Usually at around 30 mph in a 65 mph zone they get the picture and go to the mid lane. Then I dip off. Youre welcome society.

If only the troopers already cruising would bop these drivers with tickets. Eventually people would drive with consideration and leave the left lane open. Just like driving ten mph over the speed limit, over that amount you know youre a target. Simple psycological conditioning.

For some reason the lawyers and doctors coming from their motherland to drive tlc dont get the picture.

And good luck catching me cause you'll need over 450 horses with equal to or better than german suspension.

#29 ·
So glad that a few of you have pointed out that there is no such thing of a "fast lane." The third or left lane is a "passing lane." While one is not permitted to travel 80mph in the passing lane, the same can be said of the person who chooses to travel at the designated speed limit in the passing lane -- both are subject to penalties; one for exceeding the speed limit and the other for failing to yield to passsers. Many states have laws prohibiting this. I disputed this fact with a relative recently who felt they owned the "passing lane;" so if they were traveling slightly above the speed limit, others should succumb to that speed. Wrong! If multiple cars are passing you on the right, you are clearly in the wrong lane. Wish those drivers get over themselves and yield. In many facets of life, relations would be so much more successful if people just yielded.

#30 ·
Then don't be surprised when someone flies by you, rolls down the window, and throws a hand full of change at your car. Or possibly worse.

Road rage is real. Don't mess with people on the road. You're just asking for trouble when you could have just easily moved over or drive in the lane you're supposed to drive in.
They SHOOT people where i drive !
I wont even blow the horn if i am with passenger.
Serious.

#31 ·
Why do drivers tailgate the crap outta u in NY? Yesterday I was on the SIE and I was going about 60-65 which is fast for the sie. But there's a tlc Ford behind me and he's tailgating me ..and then he passes me and looks at me as if I just did killed his mother...seriously bro? If you want to go 80 mph on the sie then just go to the other lane..there's no need to tailgate. I'm not getting a ticket because you can't read a mph sign.

Man I'm starting to see why tlc drivers get into so many accidents. It's because some tlc drivers are careless and have no respect for other drivers on the road!

Also what's up with drivers sticking their feet out of the window at the airport? That's just mad weird lol
Tailgating is very stupid in its own ways. The person in front can brake check you, you slam your brakes, lose control, and crash... While he drives away laughing and he has no fault in the accident at all.

Either that, or you hit him from behind and your insurance will rise and it will be 100% your fault

#34 ·

I'm guilty of doing the same thing that Ford tlc guy did to you.
I actually, did even worse than staring down, I matched this Highlander TLC speed and started doing the running motion with my arms right next to the guy and gave him a smile. This guy was doing 40mph on GCP near LGA creating traffic....just had to do it, don't ask me why lol
Just like this!

#35 ·
usually in nyc the highways has three lanes,the right lane is for slow traffic and for the exits ,the middle lane is for cruising with traffic.and the left lane for passing.if u get a chance to drive in nj turnpike .the sign is clear black on white on the highway keep right except passing.simple.so be part of the solution not the of the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.