Why?

Inshur

Kevin7889

Why do drivers tailgate the crap outta u in NY? Yesterday I was on the SIE and I was going about 60-65 which is fast for the sie. But there's a tlc Ford behind me and he's tailgating me ..and then he passes me and looks at me as if I just did killed his mother...seriously bro? If you want to go 80 mph on the sie then just go to the other lane..there's no need to tailgate. I'm not getting a ticket because you can't read a mph sign.

Man I'm starting to see why tlc drivers get into so many accidents. It's because some tlc drivers are careless and have no respect for other drivers on the road!

Also what's up with drivers sticking their feet out of the window at the airport? That's just mad weird lol

EcoboostMKS

Fast lane going 60-65 like everyone else. Next time I'll just drbrake check tailgaters

60-65 ain't fast enough for the left lane.... you're always gonna find some d-head who wants you to go 100 mph.

I just get out of their way and let highway patrol deal with them

Lenny's right. Middle lane is for cruising with traffic. Left lane is for passing. You were blocking the passing lane and i get why the guy gave you the dirty look.

I hate when people do that too, but at least you weren't going something like 50 in it. I can't stand when people drive in the passing lane and the middle lane is going faster than them. Nothing really bothers me on the road, but that does.

If you want to drive with the flow of traffic, drive in the middle lane.

Kevin7889

Lenny's right. Middle lane is for cruising with traffic. Right lane is for passing. You were blocking the passing lane and i get why the guy gave you the dirty look.

I hate when people do that too, but at least you weren't going something like 50 in it. I can't stand when people drive in the passing lane and the middle lane is going faster than them. Nothing really bothers me on the road, but that does.

If I'm comfortable in the fast lane I'm going to stay in the fast lane but if anybody tailgates me they are gunna suffer because I will slow down

EcoboostMKS

If I'm comfortable in the fast lane I'm going to stay in the fast lane but if anybody tailgates me they are gunna suffer because I will slow down

Then don't be surprised when someone flies by you, rolls down the window, and throws a hand full of change at your car. Or possibly worse.

Road rage is real. Don't mess with people on the road. You're just asking for trouble when you could have just easily moved over or drive in the lane you're supposed to drive in.

Mr. Affinito

Rarely do I respond in an ugly way, but this is just F'in' stupid. Okay, so if you're going to do such an idiotic thing, why bother coming here to cry about the dude tailgating and giving you an ugly look. You're clearly doing the wrong thing. AND, you said earlier that you're not going to get a ticket be/c someone can't read the speed limit sign.... well, sounds like you're also part of the blind-party because the speed limit is 50, not 60-65.

Rarely do I respond in an ugly way, but this is just F'in' stupid. Okay, so if you're going to do such an idiotic thing, why bother coming here to cry about the dude tailgating and giving you an ugly look. You're clearly doing the wrong thing. AND, you said earlier that you're not going to get a ticket be/c someone can't read the speed limit sign.... well, sounds like you're also part of the blind-party because the speed limit is 50, not 60-65.
Just to note: I have no issues w/ you being in the fast lane, but if that's your conscious choice, then deal w/ the consequences and shut up about it.

ScandaLeX

Kevin7889 ~ You've every right to drive the posted speed limit...... IN THE MIDDLE LANE!!!
If you think the guy riding your bumper was going to get a ticket; you're mistaken. You would've gotten it for essentially driving too slow in the fast lane.

Reading your post I clearly see you think your stubbornness makes you right..... It only makes you look like the one who doesn't know the rules of the road.

Kevin7889

Then don't be surprised when someone flies by you, rolls down the window, and throws a hand full of change at your car. Or possibly worse.

Road rage is real. Don't mess with people on the road. You're just asking for trouble when you could have just easily moved over or drive in the lane you're supposed to drive in.
Dashcam to the police department then I press charges

Kevin7889 ~ You've every right to drive the posted speed limit...... IN THE MIDDLE LANE!!!
If you think the guy riding your bumper was going to get a ticket; you're mistaken. You would've gotten it for essentially driving too slow in the fast lane.
So every lane has a different speed limit?

EcoboostMKS

Dashcam to the police department then I press charges

So every lane has a different speed limit?

Snitching does seem to be the theme of the week here.

Just flow with traffic in the middle lane or this is going to continue to happen to you. If you're not passing anyone, stay in the middle or right lane. It's the unwritten rules of the road. The left lane is for passing, not cruising. You're in the wrong here.

If you continue to do this, don't be surprised when it happens again because it will. Something that could have easily have been avoided.

Kevin7889

Just flow with traffic in the middle lane or this is going to continue to happen to you. If you're not passing anyone, stay in the middle or right lane. It's the unwritten rules of the road. The left lane is for passing, not cruising. You're in the wrong here.

If you continue to do this, don't be surprised when it happens again because it will. Something that could have easily have been avoided.
So if my car gets damaged, I'm just supposed to smile and accept it? Unwritten rules aren't law. They mean nothing to a judge

So if I damaged your car because you're not going fast enough would u find a way to make me pay damages or just smile at me and say have a great day?

EcoboostMKS

So if my car gets damaged, I'm just supposed to smile and accept it? Unwritten rules aren't law. They mean nothing to a judge

The area gets a little grey when you actually deserve it. Slowing down on the highway to prove a point because you're too stubborn to move over starts moving to that area of deserving what you get.

EcoboostMKS

So people deserve to get their property damaged for slowing down when being tail gated?

They don't deserve anything. But if they want to be an idiot and decide to slow down on the highway to prove a point, they shouldn't be surprised when/if it happens.

ffran347

Lenny's right. Middle lane is for cruising with traffic. Left lane is for passing. You were blocking the passing lane and i get why the guy gave you the dirty look.

But even in the middle lane @@@@@@bags want to tailgate. When im on the street i go 25pmh but you got @@@@@@@@ flashing there high beams and tailgating. Idgaf iam not speeding for anyone. No wonder you guys always come on here crying that you got a ticket, you make turns where you not suppose too, you speeding like is the end of the world. And ffs stop honking when you clearly see that im waiting for the peds to cross like tf you are honking for, one day someone is gonna ko one of you TLC drivers.

EcoboostMKS

But even in the middle lane ******bags want to tailgate. When im on the street i go 25pmh but you got @@@@@@@@ flashing there high beams and tailgating. Idgaf iam not speeding for anyone. No wonder you guys always come on here crying that you got a ticket, you make turns where you not suppose too, you speeding like is the end of the world. And ffs stop honking when you clearly see that im waiting for the peds to cross like tf you are honking for, one day someone is gonna ko one of you TLC drivers.

No one should be tailgated in the middle lane. There's no excuse for that other than if you were going like 20 mph on the highway. This is specifically why there is a passing lane (left lane), so tailgating in the middle lane can be avoided. But when you've got idiots blocking the passing lane because they want to just cruise along without a care in the world, that's where you start to see problems.

Inshur New York