Why Yes, Passenger..

pilotride

Yes, majority of pax are aware. Female passengers actually seem legit scared for their safety, not giving out their names to confirm the account. Its absurd at times.

disp350

A few female pax talked about it - they seem hung up on having a lighted sign on the vehicle. That quickly changed when I explained they are easily purchased on the Internet and guarantee nothing. But all took kindly when telling them to ask the driver who they are here to pick up instead of just blurting their names out, or asking me my name instead of just saying "Are you xxx".

I just love all these politicians that are jumping on the lighted sign bandwagon, showing they have no clue what they are talking about.

BrotherZ

I could feel this weekend that passengers were being more cautious. I had a few of them check my license plate before getting into the car.

There was a lady whose dad yelled out as she was getting into my car to call him when she got to the airport. I guess he wanted me to hear that. While we were on the road, the dad called her to ask if she had arrived.

[sarcasm]I am sure the way I look had nothing to do with it![/sarcasm]

BikingBob

I haven't noticed anything really. I also fail to see how you prevent this especially with drunks. Even if we pass a background check it doesn't mean we aren't a rapist or murderer. We just haven't been caught.

4StarPartner

Only one female pax have hesitated to come inside my car. I mean I get it. A tinted Prius with no Uber decals approaching this lonely female stranger. She hesitated so long until the red cancel button popped up. That’s when she opened my door and I told her sorry I canceled the ride, thanks for the $4. And drove off.

PhillyMatt

I could feel this weekend that passengers were being more cautious. I had a few of them check my license plate before getting into the car.

There was a lady whose dad yelled out as she was getting into my car to call him when she got to the airport. I guess he wanted me to hear that. While we were on the road, the dad called her to ask if she had arrived.

[sarcasm]I am sure the way I look had nothing to do with it![/sarcasm]
This isnt much different than some drunk bozo playing frogger on the blvd, getting struck and killed, and then people crying for the speed limit to be dropped to 30 for "safety".. no thanks.

Uber gives pax the make, model, color, license plate, AND a pic. Its sufficient information to locate your driver.

Doing this for over 2 years... to this day, im always shocked to see somebody check my plate. It gives me hope for society. But then, the next 5 people get in with a simple "here for Julie, right?" and then immediately try getting in before i can even answer.

TTProssess

No questions but I've had a three riders in the last week check my license plate. Never happened before this week. That's fine