• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why Yellow Cabs Suck!

Inshur

uber79nyc

What you talking about?? You know you are a taxi driver as well right? Just because you chose to drive a different car color to transport people around it doesn't make you any special. Oh I forgot that you get stars and badges, lol

For real, I have seen some disgusting tlc cars driving around, seriously, gotta clean up.

By the way I love how friendly the yellow drivers are when you try to switch lane in front of them lol

staytune

Feel free to add to this list:

1.) Ignoring your passenger's request to take a certain route - instead, taking them on a route that makes absolutely no sense, and will guarantee YOU a higher fare... then continuing to argue with them when they question your decision to do so.

2.) Having loud foreign conversations on your cell phone for the entire ride, and holding up a finger to tell your passenger to "hold on" so you can finish your conversation when they're trying to tell or ask you something. For bonus points, make it an angry conversation that also appears to make you "drive angry".

3.) Allowing yourself and/or your cab to smell like various dead or rotting things, generally resemble the inside of a dumpster or medical waste bin, etc.

Edited to add:

4.) Pretending you can't take a credit card.

Edited again to say:

I don't think Uber is the solution to all of the world's problems, nor is Lyft or anything else at the moment. These companies (Uber in particular, which has a history of shady practices when it comes to their users' privacy), have plenty of problems of their own. It's just that they happen to be a better option than most cabs (though their are exceptions on both sides of the aisle) at the moment.

5. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT HAS TO WORK A SHIFT!

6. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT DON'T OWN CHIT!

7. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT IS MAKING HUGE PAYMENTS ON A WORTHLESS MEDALLION THAT IS FALLING IN VALUE FASTER THAN A NEW CAR OFF THE LOT!
your comment say you don't know shit about yellow cab. pax in the back seat create all these smell, they leave garbage in the back seat and driver don't even know about it untill the next pax tell him. App driver also talk o the phone all day. there are nothing wrong that yellow cab driver want some cash in their pocket for expense, App driver have nothing at all. working in shift is not to let the driver go kill themself with 16 hours driving like App drivers to make the same amount. Uber and lyft does not fight and compete with yellow cab like a man, they low ball prices and sadly to say is enforcing moder slavery. you can take off any day you want on yellow cab without any expense, and App driver have car payment and cannot take off for a long vaction.

Last edited:

TwoFiddyMile

but... sir... "gangstas" these days are dressed with shoes and shirts and ties and fine armani suits and perfectly shined wingtips and they encourage you to drive uber and buy a medalllion that 3 years later arent worth half u paid for it... lol whos really the gangsta?? Travis Kalanick Donald Trump, wall street execs.. the TLC commision that after yellows paid the city a million dollars per medallion turn around and allow the market to be taken over by ride share companies thus killing every workers pockets except their own...lets talk about "gangstas" lmao
You are confusing gangstA and gangstER. I had a great uncle who was a shylock, and a regular uncle who was mobbed up.
I know actual gangsters.
Now pull your freakin pants up and have some class :smiles:

BusinessAsUsual

You are confusing gangstA and gangstER. I had a great uncle who was a shylock, and a regular uncle who was mobbed up.
I know actual gangsters.
Ill humor you.. so you're saying because they were gangsters not gangstas and wore their pants on their waist they well respected pillars of the community???? Are you also implying that I, whom youve never met dont have class based off the wrong assumption that i wear my pants a certain way?? come on man... lol too fuuny...

Frankyfiggs

I know actual gangsters.
You watch too many movies pal. The mob was mostly fake news back in the 80s and 90s for the papers to have something to print. And if you knew yer uncle was "mobbed up" he probably wasn't that good at being in some fictional "mob"

TwoFiddyMile

You watch too many movies pal. The mob was mostly fake news back in the 80s and 90s for the papers to have something to print. And if you knew yer uncle was "mobbed up" he probably wasn't that good at being in some fictional "mob"
There is no mob. Ask any made man.
I drove a cab in Southie during the Bulger era and survived.
Plenty of organized crime up til the early 90s. They all got RICO'd or made special prosecution deals by ratting on each other.
I'll humor you and pretend you know what your talking about. I'm not a criminal but I've known plenty.

Frankyfiggs

A wise man knows he knows nothing

im not taking shanty irish word on nothin.

Southie? Never heard of it.that in new Hampshire?

Uberman8263

I don't respond to anyone foolish enough to have uber in their name. still smh.

go talk to Travis. #8263
I can not argue with someone who uses your sense of logic.

The Op is a clown & says he doesn't respond to users with the word uber in there username yet he responded to uberman8263 . Smh
Thanks, I missed it.

The truth hurts...I Know. This op remembers when yellows would routinely discriminate by not picking up people of color, or going to outer boroughs. This op can't wait to see the death of yellow. Yellow was a monopoly and life was good. Yellow is no longer a monopoly and now they want to be nice...message to yellow go F yourselves. Even though I complain that Uber Sucks, Lyft Sucks, Juno Sucks, Gett sucks, In reality, i'm still making money and doing my part to bring down yellow.

Isnt it ironic....taxi is an immigrant job. Immigrants would discriminate ROUTINELY, but the tables have turned, and now this same community is now on the receiving end of discrimination.

Karma is a B.
Why get we all get along with each other.....Rodney King after LA riots.

Last edited:

bossdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
your comment say you don't know shit about yellow cab. pax in the back seat create all these smell, they leave garbage in the back seat and driver don't even know about it untill the next pax tell him. App driver also talk o the phone all day. there are nothing wrong that yellow cab driver want some cash in their pocket for expense, App driver have nothing at all. working in shift is not to let the driver go kill themself with 16 hours driving like App drivers to make the same amount. Uber and lyft does not fight and compete with yellow cab like a man, they low ball prices and sadly to say is enforcing moder slavery. you can take off any day you want on yellow cab without any expense, and App driver have car payment and cannot take off for a long vaction.
Damn Son....Really? Pax in back seat create all those smells? Yeeeeaaah. Pax leave garbage? why not check your car clean while pax exiting your vehicle? what do you mean Uber/Lyft don't fight yellow like a man? UBER & Lyft is destroying Yellow!! by undercutting yellow fares and being more innovative. Plain and simple. Yellow is a dinosaur and all the millennials and the next generation will force yellow to cease & desist. Uber already testing cash payments and that will be the final nail for yellow. Oh, Uber/Lyft has a life span as i said before NOTHING lasts forever and soon this wont be profitable for me...but Yellow is on life support.

I know actual gangsters.
There is no mob. Ask any made man.
I drove a cab in Southie during the Bulger era and survived.
Plenty of organized crime up til the early 90s. They all got RICO'd or made special prosecution deals by ratting on each other.
I'll humor you and pretend you know what your talking about. I'm not a criminal but I've known plenty.
So let me get this straight...A gangstA wears his pants down, while a gangster are fat and sloppy? Here's inside scoop for you...Pssst...in real life Mafiosi dress like shit. When the Cosa Nostra in NYC got popped did you see the pics of those guys? all dressed like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. stop believing in the movies...thugs are thugs. Now go on a south beach diet. Not to mention you implied that a gangstER is synonymous to being a RAT.

Uberman8263

Damn Son....Really? Pax in back seat create all those smells? Yeeeeaaah. Pax leave garbage? why not check your car clean while pax exiting your vehicle? what do you mean Uber/Lyft don't fight yellow like a man? UBER & Lyft is destroying Yellow!! by undercutting yellow fares and being more innovative. Plain and simple. Yellow is a dinosaur and all the millennials and the next generation will force yellow to cease & desist. Uber already testing cash payments and that will be the final nail for yellow. Oh, Uber/Lyft has a life span as i said before NOTHING lasts forever and soon this wont be profitable for me...but Yellow is on life support.

So let me get this straight...A gangstA wears his pants down, while a gangster are fat and sloppy? Here's inside scoop for you...Pssst...in real life Mafiosi dress like shit. When the Cosa Nostra in NYC got popped did you see the pics of those guys? all dressed like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. stop believing in the movies...thugs are thugs. Now go on a south beach diet. Not to mention you implied that a gangstER is synonymous to being a RAT.
This is weird. One of the advantages of Uber was that their was no need for cash. So Uber is improving itself by allowing cash. Wow. Yellows are usually to busy to clean up after every passenger, Uber drivers are not.

Dannyyellowcab

The truth hurts...I Know. This op remembers when yellows would routinely discriminate by not picking up people of color, or going to outer boroughs. This op can't wait to see the death of yellow. Yellow was a monopoly and life was good. Yellow is no longer a monopoly and now they want to be nice...message to yellow go F yourselves. Even though I complain that Uber Sucks, Lyft Sucks, Juno Sucks, Gett sucks, In reality, i'm still making money and doing my part to bring

if apps do great and innovative so why are losing hundreds of millions each year lol

Nempire

Nice 515 good luck brother, been slow for me this week barely pulling 340 - 380 in 11 hrs or more

SpeedracerX

Lmao bossdriver ! Omg...Lolz!

Making a thread trying to bash but instead ended up getting Roasted himself...
What a Loser you are boss driver !
Yellow was here before Fuber & will be here after Fuber...

I'm sure his hood ass is still butt hurt cause he was trying to Hail a Yellow on 6th Ave in the soaking rain with his pants hanging down to his knees ...Lmao

Keep Fubering in 5 cents a mile!
LOSER!

Dannyyellowcab

Lmao bossdriver ! Omg...Lolz!

Making a thread trying to bash but instead ended up getting Roasted himself...
What a Loser you are boss driver !
Yellow was here before Fuber & will be here after Fuber...

I'm sure his hood ass is still butt hurt cause he was trying to Hail a Yellow on 6th Ave in the soaking rain with his pants hanging down to his knees ...Lmao

Keep Fubering in 5 cents a mile!
LOSER!
Had to pull over was laughing so hard , Soda came out of my nose .good job brother