• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why Yellow Cabs Suck!

Inshur

bossdriver

Feel free to add to this list:

1.) Ignoring your passenger's request to take a certain route - instead, taking them on a route that makes absolutely no sense, and will guarantee YOU a higher fare... then continuing to argue with them when they question your decision to do so.

2.) Having loud foreign conversations on your cell phone for the entire ride, and holding up a finger to tell your passenger to "hold on" so you can finish your conversation when they're trying to tell or ask you something. For bonus points, make it an angry conversation that also appears to make you "drive angry".

3.) Allowing yourself and/or your cab to smell like various dead or rotting things, generally resemble the inside of a dumpster or medical waste bin, etc.

Edited to add:

4.) Pretending you can't take a credit card.

Edited again to say:

I don't think Uber is the solution to all of the world's problems, nor is Lyft or anything else at the moment. These companies (Uber in particular, which has a history of shady practices when it comes to their users' privacy), have plenty of problems of their own. It's just that they happen to be a better option than most cabs (though their are exceptions on both sides of the aisle) at the moment.

5. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT HAS TO WORK A SHIFT!

6. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT DON'T OWN CHIT!

7. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT IS MAKING HUGE PAYMENTS ON A WORTHLESS MEDALLION THAT IS FALLING IN VALUE FASTER THAN A NEW CAR OFF THE LOT!

bossdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't respond to anyone foolish enough to have uber in their name. still smh.

go talk to Travis. #8263

Nempire

Dude wtf I drive yellow my car is clean as hell and might smell like liquor on Friday nights from 30 something trips at worst.. I never talk on phone and usually play quiet music like volume 2 or 3 on camry. I don't drive shifts I basically lease same cab. I like doing long hours on busy days nights etc.. As for longer routes yes sometimes it's awful to do but half the time it makes sense and if done with speed same price as local route, do hate people giving step by step directions I sometimes ignore when there is clearly more traffic their desired way. Credit card machine lol. Mine works great and majority of the time I wish they paid credit as I get a lot of cash for some reason and tend to lack a good amount on cc certain weeks due to all the cash.. Damn that cash! For the foreign language I will curse at the road quietly in Russian sometimes to avoid pax understand because well I drive yellow, gotta have the cursing.

Lenny_yellow_cab

1.) Ignoring your passenger's request to take a certain route - instead, taking them on a route that makes absolutely no sense, and will guarantee YOU a higher fare... then continuing to argue with them when they question your decision to do so.

2.) Having loud foreign conversations on your cell phone for the entire ride, and holding up a finger to tell your passenger to "hold on" so you can finish your conversation when they're trying to tell or ask you something. For bonus points, make it an angry conversation that also appears to make you "drive angry".

3.) Allowing yourself and/or your cab to smell like various dead or rotting things, generally resemble the inside of a dumpster or medical waste bin, etc.

Edited to add:

Edited again to say:

I don't think Uber is the solution to all of the world's problems, nor is Lyft or anything else at the moment. These companies (Uber in particular, which has a history of shady practices when it comes to their users' privacy), have plenty of problems of their own. It's just that they happen to be a better option than most cabs (though their are exceptions on both sides of the aisle) at the moment.

7. YOU ARE A YELLOW SLAVE THAT IS MAKING HUGE PAYMENTS ON A WORTHLESS MEDALLION THAT IS FALLING IN VALUE FASTER THAN A NEW CAR OFF THE LOT!
My uncle made 600k by buying and sellin his medallion.

Everything u mention are just stereotypes.

I worked yellow for 10 years and was none of wat was mentioned and i had a garage car.

bossdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The truth hurts...I Know. This op remembers when yellows would routinely discriminate by not picking up people of color, or going to outer boroughs. This op can't wait to see the death of yellow. Yellow was a monopoly and life was good. Yellow is no longer a monopoly and now they want to be nice...message to yellow go F yourselves. Even though I complain that Uber Sucks, Lyft Sucks, Juno Sucks, Gett sucks, In reality, i'm still making money and doing my part to bring down yellow.

Isnt it ironic....taxi is an immigrant job. Immigrants would discriminate ROUTINELY, but the tables have turned, and now this same community is now on the receiving end of discrimination.

Karma is a B.

Dannyyellowcab

Edited to add:

Edited again to say:

May be in Chicago or some ghetto in Detroit .Nyc cabs are second after London cabs in quality and cleanliness (google it ) .Op is black guy who didn't get pick up by yellow ...Well learn to dress like human being ,tip once in a while and respect other human beings....Good luck driving for pennies with other uber slave .....Uber slave
Being slave is mindset.....And angry one

Brooklyn

May be in Chicago or some ghetto in Detroit .Nyc cabs are second after London cabs in quality and cleanliness (google it ) .Op is black guy who didn't get pick up by yellow ...Well learn to dress like human being ,tip once in a while and respect other human beings....Good luck driving for pennies with other uber slave .....Uber slave
A bit rude no? lol.

BusinessAsUsual

wait a minute.. lol while i disagreed with some of his talking points... "learn to dress like a human being"??? its no wonder the TLC regulated and started stiffing drivers with heavy fines for refusing a fare... smh this is what went on for years.... terrible practices...

Paco rabane

The truth hurts...I Know. This op remembers when yellows would routinely discriminate by not picking up people of color, or going to outer boroughs. This op can't wait to see the death of yellow. Yellow was a monopoly and life was good. Yellow is no longer a monopoly and now they want to be nice...message to yellow go F yourselves. Even though I complain that Uber Sucks, Lyft Sucks, Juno Sucks, Gett sucks, In reality, i'm still making money and doing my part to bring down yellow.

Isnt it ironic....taxi is an immigrant job. Immigrants would discriminate ROUTINELY, but the tables have turned, and now this same community is now on the receiving end of discrimination.

Karma is a B.
Pull up your pants.
Speak correctly.
Say thank you
Don't say "aks"
Tip the driver
And you will see cabbies are color blind.
Good luck driving for uber.

TwoFiddyMile

Dressing like a human means wearing a shirt wearing shoes and pants off the ground.

I think it's great you're a member of the Purple Jaguars but dress like a gangsta get treated like one.
This goes for all skintones.

BusinessAsUsual

Dressing like a human means wearing a shirt wearing shoes and pants off the ground.

I think it's great you're a member of the Purple Jaguars but dress like a gangsta get treated like one.
This goes for all skintones.
but... sir... "gangstas" these days are dressed with shoes and shirts and ties and fine armani suits and perfectly shined wingtips and they encourage you to drive uber and buy a medalllion that 3 years later arent worth half u paid for it... lol whos really the gangsta?? Travis Kalanick Donald Trump, wall street execs.. the TLC commision that after yellows paid the city a million dollars per medallion turn around and allow the market to be taken over by ride share companies thus killing every workers pockets except their own...lets talk about "gangstas" lmao

ubercks

Edited to add:

Edited again to say:

You are an absolute idiot !!
1. I made $515.00 last night , $215 in cash how much did you make troll??
2.im white and born raised in. NYC
3. I can beat waze every time , do you even know NYC
4.No shift work for me ..
5.keeping doing Uber pool in your new saburban !!
Lol