• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

WHY UBER POOL SHOULD BE AVOIDED

TheHunter

Very simple! Uber pools takes more time and the source of passenger drama. "can't you just take me around the block" Express Pool.....NO
" just live over there, can't you drop me off, then pick up the other passenger? I have to explain the express rules.
But the best reason to avoid Uber pools....You get paid with Uber X....$021 per minute and with Uber Pool....$0.15 per minute.

$0.21 per minute vs $0.15 per minute...Why should I, the Driver, subsidize Uber for offering discounts at my expense?

Chocoholic

If they want drivers to take pool rides, they should pay a higher rate for each pax on the ride, starting with x rates. Uber would still make more money than single x rides and the drivers would have better reason to take them!

Aerodrifting

You forgot the best parts about poo ride:
1. If you are picking up three pax A, B and C, with A being the first pick up and last drop off, in the end you are only paid for A's fare, Uber basically pockets entire both B and C's fare.

2. Instead of getting one 1 star from pax, you can get three 1 stars from individual riders from a poo ride!

OC-Moe

the best part is when the rando pax start to argue or otherwise get cringey during the bus ride.

hulksmash

1. If you are picking up three pax A, B and C, with A being the first pick up and last drop off, in the end you are only paid for A's fare, Uber basically pockets entire both B and C's fare.

2. Instead of getting one 1 star from pax, you can get three 1 stars from individual riders from a poo ride!
If you have a decent flat surge and decent bonus for extra pickups, plus additional credit toward quest, it doesn’t suck so bad. It more than makes up for the 6 cents a minute loss from UberX

uberer2016

Why wont these cheapskates take the bus? Try asking the bus driver to go to their destination. I hate how they pay bus fare and not want to walk to and from the bus stop.

UberLAguy

Whenever I need a boost with my rating I take a pool ride. I get 3 five stars after completing a pool ride.

TheHunter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you have a decent flat surge and decent bonus for extra pickups, plus additional credit toward quest, it doesn’t suck so bad. It more than makes up for the 6 cents a minute loss from UberX
Surge? What's that?

hy1368

Very simple! Uber pools takes more time and the source of passenger drama. "can't you just take me around the block" Express Pool.....NO
" just live over there, can't you drop me off, then pick up the other passenger? I have to explain the express rules.
But the best reason to avoid Uber pools....You get paid with Uber X....$021 per minute and with Uber Pool....$0.15 per minute.

$0.21 per minute vs $0.15 per minute...Why should I, the Driver, subsidize Uber for offering discounts at my expense?
How long did it exactly took you to come up with this ?!!!
I bet no one else thought about it before.