Why this TV reporter quit his job to drive for Lyft

AllenChicago

I hope he moves up to video recording. Some passenger's body language and facial expressions while they're talking are priceless. I bet the city will find a way to slap a special fee or tax on Anthony, if he uses his Lyft driver podcast interviews to bash Chicago politicians, streets, stinky sewers, red-light cameras, etc...

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Trades in 60k+ for 20k. Loses benefits. I'm so confused.
What's confusing? Blyft has been running ads here for months. "Make up to $1500 per week driving your own car whenever you want. And 60% of our riders tip the driver blah blah." And if the podcast thing takes off, dudes gonna be a ballah. Look at Randy the "Guberman".

Jinxstone

He's said he'll try this for six months and then evaluate the situation. Apparently, he sees an opportunity to boost his career in journalism and land a better gig or a book deal. He didn't decide to drive for the rest of his life. Besides, his dad and brother are well-known in the Chicago market and he won't have any trouble getting another TV job.

LEAFdriver

I just subscribed to his Podcast: "Backseat Rider" :smiles:

(Only listening to Episode 2 right now)

It's quite interesting! Also, since my son is a frequent Uber/Lyft rider in Chicago....I might hear him getting interviewed on one of the upcoming episodes. :p