• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why The Animosity?

EM1

I'm not sure which Forum category this belongs, but I'll put it here.

It constantly amazes me to read on these pages the words of drivers who genuinely hold our passengers in contempt. It's like, some drivers feel that our pax are abusing us just by using our service! I struggle to understand it. For without our passeng...err, customers, we wouldn't have a job. So why the bitterness toward our riders? Is it their fault that they need to go from Point A to Point B and choose to do it with a ride-share service? I used to drive a taxi; I know how crappy cab service is here in my town if you need a ride and you're not: 1) at the airport, or 2) on the Navy Base.

Same with the attitude towards Uber/Lyft as corporations. One driver on this forum actually posted a question about how he could sabotage Uber and put them out of business! Oh that's rich. Why would anybody support such a lunatic? Not all of us hate Uber or hate driving for Uber. Ride-share continues to be profitable for me, so what do I care if the company is "screwing" its customers (read: passengers, not us). I get out of the house for a couple of hours each day, I make a little money, and I have a little fun. I'm driving a nicer car than I otherwise would buy for myself. And I work...or like today, not work...when I want.

The drivers who don't like this "job" and who don't like Uber and who feel animosity towards our passengers should really, really find something else to do with their lives. Seriously. I mean, life might not always be easy, but it's not all that hard. Unless you're stupid. Then it's really hard.
I'd say there are multiple reasons. First, a good number of paxils act very entitled, are condescending, and have bad attitudes and treat you and your car disrespectfully. Second, Uber doesn't do much in the way of protecting drivers or standing behind them especially when it comes to safety issues, violent or abusive paxils, etc. Third, Uber reduces the compensation, plays games with the app and the drivers, is inconsistent, and there are growing number of documented cases where drivers are not paid for rides/trips provided, tips disappearing or being withheld for days at a time, etc. Few businesses or industries treat their 'contractors' so poorly, and that whole 'contractor' determination is another can of worms. I personally believe Uber drivers are a hybrid between an independent contractor and an employee, and there should be at least some additional benefits or pay or whatnot. Fortunately, I do not have to rely on Uber as a full-time job, but nonetheless, its been an increasingly frustrating and disappointing work experience for what essentially is a great concept.

My3centsSuperbowl

Simply stating a fact about what really matters to trolls makes a most powerful statement. Uber's valuation currently over $75 billion bellow the hype and hope scam they tried pulling on public investors.
Just today uber lost another $80 million in valuation.
For every point the stock drops Uber’s valuation falls $180 million.
All drivers should take advantage of every opportunity to spread negative information about Uber with the goal that insider trolls cash out as little as possible when the restricted period to sell their stock ends.
That's how drivers send the most powerful message.
Concentrate on dimnishing the stock value and ignore the crap these trolls spew.
I understand what you are saying. I know I should bite my tongue a bit when encountering some of these uberites. I've been criticized by them in the past when I've warned new drivers starting off in cities where uber/lyft became part of . I'm sure you've seen their pattern of starting off with decent rates around $2/mile and once they get enough drivers it's cut more in half. As you might have heard, Uber came to Eugene Oregon several months ago and it's rate/mile isn't actually pretty good 1.60. I have friends that want to sign up, and I just suggest to them to do it part time, and just beware of future rate cuts. I don't think that is bashing uber, I think more like a stern warning and beware.

Anyways enough rambling on my part. When I lived in Cedar Rapids Ia, I drove briefly for uber when it started at $2 mile. Once they slashed it to 1.20/mile that was it for me. (It was good while it lasted).

You do realize that both Uber and Lyft have a maximum driving limit of 12 hours, right? And again, there's no management telling anyone to drive. That's entirely up to the end user of the app.
I asked about operating athority not hours of service. And since you brought up hours of service here's a fun fact. If you work another job, that gets counted towards your hours of service. An example would be a waitress works 8 hours slinging hash, some or all of those 8 slinging hash hours use up her driving hours.

Not sure how exactly the regs read for taxi drivers, the regs vary depending on the amount of passengers the vehicle is rated to carry. I'll have to look at the FMCSA guidance on that when I get a chance. If the FMCSA doesn't have anything to say about it, I'm sure the Public Utilities Commission does.

Nats121

Or they were promoted which has been the case in many other jobs I've had. Some of the worst supervisors I've had spent the majority of their day screwing with everyone because deep down inside they were miserable. I'll give you a prime example. When I worked for the federal bureau of prisons an inmate stabbed a officer to death. When we had a meeting with administration they shrugged their shoulders and said that it was his fault and he should've watched his own back. It's always the worst that get promoted to positions of power to further bring down co workers. I have hard time agreeing with your statement.
BROWN NOSERS get promotions, NOT complainers.

Management hates complainers, they view them as rabble rousers who potentially could turn the workers against the company.
Post automatically merged:

Or it could be that this is an IC gig that most people do part time without plans of it being a long-term commitment?
You're incorrect.

From 2012 until the disastrous pay cuts of June 2014, this "IC gig" paid the drivers good rates and driver morale was high.

The pay rates were high enough that some drivers quit good-paying full time jobs to do rideshare full time. It was a decision they eventually regretted.

Unlike today, no drivers talked about "exit strategies" in the early days.

This website was founded AFTER the massive June 2014 pay cuts.

Last edited:

touberornottouber

1st day about 5 rides in got my 1st minimum fare of $2.40 gross and knew right then they were criminals

i wouldn't give my mama a ride in 1992 for $2.40 lmao
The thing about that is if they just made the minimum payment to the driver $4 or $5 it would make a HUGE difference to driver morale and minimize a lot of the problems they have with people refusing short fares. But, no, they absolutely insist on taking more from those rides than the driver gets.

BigRedDriver

The thing about that is if they just made the minimum payment to the driver $4 or $5 it would make a HUGE difference to driver morale and minimize a lot of the problems they have with people refusing short fares. But, no, they absolutely insist on taking more from those rides than the driver gets.
This is the one thing that would change this discussion in a heartbeat.

Or, simply letting the driver see what the income from each ride, minus wait time, is before accepting the job offer (and that is what a ping is after all).

Also, read a forum by rideshare riders. See what they ACTUALLY write about us! How they try to rip us off and how they don’t think we deserve tips...........

Then get back to me. (This is intended for OP, not who i responded to)

Last edited:

WindyCityAnt

I'm not sure which Forum category this belongs, but I'll put it here.

It constantly amazes me to read on these pages the words of drivers who genuinely hold our passengers in contempt. It's like, some drivers feel that our pax are abusing us just by using our service! I struggle to understand it. For without our passeng...err, customers, we wouldn't have a job. So why the bitterness toward our riders? Is it their fault that they need to go from Point A to Point B and choose to do it with a ride-share service? I used to drive a taxi; I know how crappy cab service is here in my town if you need a ride and you're not: 1) at the airport, or 2) on the Navy Base.

Same with the attitude towards Uber/Lyft as corporations. One driver on this forum actually posted a question about how he could sabotage Uber and put them out of business! Oh that's rich. Why would anybody support such a lunatic? Not all of us hate Uber or hate driving for Uber. Ride-share continues to be profitable for me, so what do I care if the company is "screwing" its customers (read: passengers, not us). I get out of the house for a couple of hours each day, I make a little money, and I have a little fun. I'm driving a nicer car than I otherwise would buy for myself. And I work...or like today, not work...when I want.

The drivers who don't like this "job" and who don't like Uber and who feel animosity towards our passengers should really, really find something else to do with their lives. Seriously. I mean, life might not always be easy, but it's not all that hard. Unless you're stupid. Then it's really hard.
Are you actually happy with all those “points” instead of revenue your making nowdays?

I think this has more to do with it more than anything else.

Have you looked at how much money your making the company anytime soon?

It’s more than doubled, while your profits dwindle on chasing stupid promo’s that they find anyway to take from you?

Or are you just another pax here who was told by a driver to come here?

Which one applies????

Aw Jeez

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look, it doesn't matter to me what Uber charges riders - not one bit. Why should it? I DON'T CARE. Here is the Bottom Line: All I care about is, "Can I make a profit doing this...thing?" Right now I can. End of story. All of you guys b!tching about oh, boo-hoo, what a terrible company Uber is, or how much they've slashed your "cut" of the fare...well...you're all free to find other work. That has always been the case here in this United States. I'm a big pro-union guy, but I honestly believe that if you're not happy in your current situation, then quit! Sooner the better. Don't complain. If ride-sharing is not worth your time, find something better to do with your time. You'll be happier; we'll be happier. Don't come on here whining like a little girl and then turning it around and attacking those who complain about your whining. Shut up, already! Some of us like this gig - for as long as it'll last, which probably won't be long.

As for our pax… I don't know. I spent eight years as a taxi driver, and now one full year doing ride-share. Countless taxi rides, 1,000+ trips for Uber, 500+ for Lyft (I started Lyft late). I look at it this way: People are paying for a service. I'm not doing people a favor by taking them to their destination - I'm charging them. Most (many?) pax can't really intellectualize the difference between a taxi and an Uber; to them it's all the same (which is true, really). "Ride-share" means something different to us than them. To us, we're giving them a ride in our personal vehicle. To them we're a taxi without the lettering and meter.

So I don't hold anything against my riders. I don't have any pre-formed animosity or anger toward them. I picks 'em up and I drops 'em off. Simple. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we don't. Most have been great, some have been "meh," but none have (so far) been so awful that it made me want to quit this gig altogether. If you treat people with respect and kindness, they often respond in kind. Sometimes my car gets sandy if I take trips out on the beach - oh damn. Sometimes people spill stuff or leave a mess. If figure that it goes with the territory. That's why I have a shop-vac in my garage at home and a monthly deal at my local car wash.

I've been a professional helicopter pilot for over 35 years. I still fly part-time in the summer (and I'm fixin' to leave Pensacola for my summer gig in Washington State as we speak). People hear about what I do and they go, "Oooooh, how exciting! How glamorous!" But it's not. It's very routine and almost boring. It *has* to be that way if we're going to do it safely and live. Even a small mistake can be fatal - those are pretty high stakes. Yes, the views are incredible. But other than that, the job of flying helicopters is very, very mundane. On the other hand, Uber is the most fun job I've ever had. Not the highest-paying, but the most fun. No B.S., it's incredible fun. Take it from a guy who has had a bunch of crappy jobs in his 63 years on this planet - Uber ain't the worst thing you can be doing. If you can't make it work for you, well, I'm sorry. It works just great for a lot of us. Don't bite the hand(s) that feed us.

easyrider2020

sorry minimum fare is $4 now & still $5 short for me

i understand not every ride needs to be a home run but if they want me to pick up 100% need least $8-10 gross

4000 rides about $8300 in repairs so thats $2 per ride costs, others have depreciation

$1-2 gas each trip minimum

my costs are $4 per ride

$4-$4=0 so every ride less than 5 miles is human trafficking less than 10 miles its $2-4 profit which are illegal predatory 1970s wages

i dont drive for points, badges, stars, starbucks bogo coupons, "free" school that requires 3000 rides, $50 oil changes i can get for $20, i dont go on quests, i drive when i want so i wont be coerced into taking 3 rides in a row for a "bonus", i didnt sign up to play games, or risk my life to be human trafficked none of it, i signed up for a gig that said i could drive when i want & every blank contract they send me i assumed was going to pay me legally not trick me into spending my own money driving ingrates around at a loss 90% of the time....

yes you can get 3-5 rides an hour but id say on average since they dont cap drivers & every other car is an uber lyft about to fail 2 rides per hour is average so thats $8 maybe net which is still less than minimum wage

sorry not sorry if im not getting $10 gross they not getting picked up & will have a terrible experience with me if they get passed my ignore, cancel, or screen if only because i just cancelled 3 in a row or want to avoid a physical altercation...

dont care if they going to crack houses, meth dens, projects, or trailer parks i only care im being paid legally over my costs, stop hiding the fare if drivers see its a $3-10 ride & still take it now thats their choice a stupid one but still one they make, by hiding everything they are blatantly trying to deceive idiots into driving for free & those who are desperate will take the ride while the vets & anyone who made it past 3rd grade math will simply clap back with the same game the app tries to get away with

imagine how much more $ theyd be losing if they started paying legal wages they are $5 short per ride, so it's obvious its not going to happen so till the ponzi crumble im going to do everything in my limited power to degrade & sabotage the organized crime app
Post automatically merged:

Look, it doesn't matter to me what Uber charges riders - not one bit. Why should it? I DON'T CARE. Here is the Bottom Line: All I care about is, "Can I make a profit doing this...thing?" Right now I can. End of story. All of you guys b!tching about oh, boo-hoo, what a terrible company Uber is, or how much they've slashed your "cut" of the fare...well...you're all free to find other work. That has always been the case here in this United States. I'm a big pro-union guy, but I honestly believe that if you're not happy in your current situation, then quit! Sooner the better. Don't complain. If ride-sharing is not worth your time, find something better to do with your time. You'll be happier; we'll be happier. Don't come on here whining like a little girl and then turning it around and attacking those who complain about your whining. Shut up, already! Some of us like this gig - for as long as it'll last, which probably won't be long.

As for our pax… I don't know. I spent eight years as a taxi driver, and now one full year doing ride-share. Countless taxi rides, 1,000+ trips for Uber, 500+ for Lyft (I started Lyft late). I look at it this way: People are paying for a service. I'm not doing people a favor by taking them to their destination - I'm charging them. Most (many?) pax can't really intellectualize the difference between a taxi and an Uber; to them it's all the same (which is true, really). "Ride-share" means something different to us than them. To us, we're giving them a ride in our personal vehicle. To them we're a taxi without the lettering and meter.

So I don't hold anything against my riders. I don't have any pre-formed animosity or anger toward them. I picks 'em up and I drops 'em off. Simple. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we don't. Most have been great, some have been "meh," but none have (so far) been so awful that it made me want to quit this gig altogether. If you treat people with respect and kindness, they often respond in kind. Sometimes my car gets sandy if I take trips out on the beach - oh damn. Sometimes people spill stuff or leave a mess. If figure that it goes with the territory. That's why I have a shop-vac in my garage at home and a monthly deal at my local car wash.

I've been a professional helicopter pilot for over 35 years. I still fly part-time in the summer (and I'm fixin' to leave Pensacola for my summer gig in Washington State as we speak). People hear about what I do and they go, "Oooooh, how exciting! How glamorous!" But it's not. It's very routine and almost boring. It *has* to be that way if we're going to do it safely and live. Even a small mistake can be fatal - those are pretty high stakes. Yes, the views are incredible. But other than that, the job of flying helicopters is very, very mundane. On the other hand, Uber is the most fun job I've ever had. Not the highest-paying, but the most fun. No B.S., it's incredible fun. Take it from a guy who has had a bunch of crappy jobs in his 63 years on this planet - Uber ain't the worst thing you can be doing. If you can't make it work for you, well, I'm sorry. It works just great for a lot of us. Don't bite the hand(s) that feed us.
nope only works for 4% of "us" & its so obvious its by design. if you trying to feed me at $2 net per every ride under 10 miles im trying to cut your evil illegal predatory hand off foh your taxi rates were higher in the 1970s lmao tony danza on 1979 episodes of taxi fares were higher, he didn't have maintenance, & had partitions to protect himself yes a fictional show but still true

if you dont care about the 96% being exploited oh well you do have that option but you do realize you "whining" about "whiners"

Last edited:

BigRedDriver

Bite the hand that feeds you? I think you got that exactly backwards. We are the hands. Without US, they have nothing.

Truthfully, the two must work together to make this work. What I've seen is a one sided marriage if anything. One partner controls everything, can step out on the other, and if the aggrieved partner complains? Just leave?

How about we instead, advocate a better understanding between the two?

Aw Jeez

Heh. Welcome to corporate America, BigRed. Workers have *no* power. Zero. Without union representation, workers are at the mercy of their employer. Thankfully agencies like OSHA and such have been created to give workers "some" level of health and welfare protection, but the awful truth is that YOU as a worker have no say, especially if you are an independent contractor - as the courts seem to be deciding that we are. Sorry.

BigRedDriver

Heh. Welcome to corporate America, BigRed. Workers have *no* power. Zero. Without union representation, workers are at the mercy of their employer. Thankfully agencies like OSHA and such have been created to give workers "some" level of health and welfare protection, but the awful truth is that YOU as a worker have no say, especially if you are an independent contractor - as the courts seem to be deciding that we are. Sorry.
You want to look at corporate America? Look at Quiznos to see what happened when Corporate took advantage of its partners.

Aw Jeez

I'm not sure the Quiznos situation is directly comparable to us. We're not franchisees...we have no skin in the game other than our cars. Companies like to throw around terms like "partner." But we're not really partners. And Uber would not be the first company to go bankrupt...or, more cleverly, Chapter 11 "debt restructuring" which basically means that they don't have to pay creditors. And I think that will happen. But mostly, corporations do what they want. Making money is the FIRST order of business for a corporation. Everything else comes after. The needs of the workers is far, far down the list.

BigRedDriver

I'm not sure the Quiznos situation is directly comparable to us. We're not franchisees...we have no skin in the game other than our cars. Companies like to throw around terms like "partner." But we're not really partners. And Uber would not be the first company to go bankrupt...or, more cleverly, Chapter 11 "debt restructuring" which basically means that they don't have to pay creditors. And I think that will happen. But mostly, corporations do what they want. Making money is the FIRST order of business for a corporation. Everything else comes after. The needs of the workers is far, far down the list.
I’ve been in corporate America a very long time. I’ve never seen a company (Quiznos included), that so easily could rescue itself from itself, but can’t.

That’s why we come here to complain. If you don’t like that, you might want to take your own advise.

Just sayin.

Last edited:

No Prisoners

Most helicopter pilots I've met have common sense, you sir are spinning faster than the rotors.
Uber's the one biting the hands that feeds it. It's drivers who feed the platform, without drivers uber's nothing.

People like you dare tell drivers to quit only because uber's constantly recruiting others.
A bigger problem is not drivers who quit, but drivers who learn to outsmart the algorithm and systematically drain uber's resources.

Anyhow, no company can be sustainable when the workforce is constantly looking for ways to undermine its existence.

Remember who has direct contact with customers, thus capable to poach the resources towards potential competitors.
Did you notice that on IPO filings uber reported receding growth while loses incrrasing. A significant number of passengers are influenced by drivers to download other applications and this is a growing trend.

Uber doesn't have loyalty from neither drivers nor riders. That's a failure of management.

easyrider2020

haha I have all the power since the "customer" is in my back seat, everyone worthy has gotten a business card for 5+ years to schedule off app which makes me a good 500-1000 a month & im sure every city has least 100 of me,

I have the power to ignore rides so Id say over 4 years & 50,000+ ignored rides thats 50,000+ "customers" who thought a driver was 1-7 minutes away but oooppps guess they think uber Lyft are liars because its really 8+

i have the power to cancel so the few thousand people left standing having to re order another car & wait another 5+ minutes gets a bad taste in their mouth about the company which could of been avoided if the contract they sent me wasn't blank now the next driver(my competition) has to drive in from farther will get their wrath as well as a greater chance at failure because the ride costs them more

i have the power to 1 star EVERY ride I grossed less than $10 for 4+ years, making other drivers wary of the request & ignorining it thats a few hundred more poor experiences

i have the power to end ride at any time all though ive only booted 2 people

i have the power to tell least 3500 out of 4000 rides the truth as desperate drivers tend not to because theyre scared

i have the power to leave my app on even when i dont feel like driving playing ghost car & now during storms & surges just ignoring every ride as a request will come in every second that day leaving people frustrated

drivers have lots of power some just choose not to excercise it

far as im concerned uber has stolen about $16,000 from me so untilthats paid in full oh well, its their algorithm they think they can trick me & continue their games, i can pmay them & eventually in most coties they ARE running out of drivers to fool, the 5 biggest markets maybe not because of millions in population but those markets are now being regulates with caps on hiring so they cant exploit as much in them

drivers have the power to give 1star service for 1star prices so now the entire rider base will have zero issues dropping them like a bad habit if a real company ever come in the fold

at the end of the day they win because they already millionaires & billionaires off of the scam so its a moot point

but there's no way they can get away with it much longer, every single person at uber Lyft corporate belongs in a prison cell

all this bs when i could just be giving every request they send me a ride but since some"human" at this company actually thinks the app deserves more than the human oh well reap what you sew

Last edited:

touberornottouber

I'm not sure the Quiznos situation is directly comparable to us. We're not franchisees...we have no skin in the game other than our cars. .
Yes, which typically cost between $10,000 - $30,000. I would say that is a pretty heavy investment actually. You can actually buy in to some franchises for less than that.

BTW I was a taxi driver too. Off and on from 2006 to late 2016 when I switched to rideshare. May I ask you how your current pay per mile and per minute rates with Uber/Lyft compare to the old taxi taxi rates?

You appear to understand how there are costs involved in us doing this:

A lot of new Uber drivers focus solely on their earnings per hour while driving for Uber. What they fail to consider is that the car costs X- dollars per mile... per EVERY mile. Factor in ALL the costs over a year's worth of driving and you'll see that your car costs around $0.25 to $0.35 or so per mile.

Now, total up ALL of the miles you put on the car while Ubering...yes, including the ones you're not getting paid for. Multiply this number by your particular cost/mile and you'll see how much it cost you to work for Uber. Compare this to what you earned from Uber and you'll see just how much "profit" you made.

It's not about an hourly wage when you're using your own car for business.

Since you have taxi experience I'm guessing you also understand that on average for every paid mile you have one unpaid mile. Assuming your costs are about 30 cents per mile (in the middle of the range you use above) that means that basically for every paid mile you have costs of about 60 cents. I believe I caught in an earlier post from you (I would have to go back and research to find it but I could be mistaken?) that the rates where you are were about 60 cents a mile. If that is the case then it seems you aren't making much of a profit either? So why are you so happy with this from a financial aspect? As the person providing the vehicle and your time and labor shouldn't you be entitled to a reasonable profit?

Aw Jeez

No Prisoners wrote:
People like you dare tell drivers to quit only because uber's constantly recruiting others.
A bigger problem is not drivers who quit, but drivers who learn to outsmart the algorithm and systematically drain uber's resources.

Anyhow, no company can be sustainable when the workforce is constantly looking for ways to undermine its existence.
Well...exactly. That's it in a nutshell, isn't it? Corporations must be sustainable and Uber might not be. But that's not really *our* problem - that's the problem for the shareholders. *WE* don't get to run the company or have any say in how it's run. We can like it or not. If we don't, we can hit the road. Which brings up your first point...

I don't tell people to quit Uber because Uber can recruit faster than we can quit - which they obviously still can. I tell people to quit because we all deserve to be happy in life. And going through each day ticked-off at the company you work for and the people you interact with is certainly not a recipe for happiness or fulfillment. To continue such an endeavor seems kind of crazy to me. But what do I know? I'm just a career helicopter pilot with no common sense.

Look, Uber may not be sustainable in the long run. It may *never* make a profit. Self-driving cars may be a loooong way off. If Uber or Lyft goes out of business, will there still be a need to carry people around for money? Absolutely, just like there was in the DBU (days before Uber).

And easyrider2020, all of the things you mentioned hurt *you* more than they hurt Uber. Even if you ignore or cancel a ride, the customer still gets serviced by someone and Uber makes their money. So...what's the point of all your antics...other than making you feel that you're somehow "sticking it to the man?" Seems kind of childish for someone who's ostensibly doing this to make some money. We all have ways of maximizing our income doing this ride-share thing. I prefer to not go about doing it angry. YMMV.

easyrider2020

No Prisoners wrote:
Well...exactly. That's it in a nutshell, isn't it? Corporations must be sustainable and Uber might not be. But that's not really *our* problem - that's the problem for the shareholders. *WE* don't get to run the company or have any say in how it's run. We can like it or not. If we don't, we can hit the road. Which brings up your first point...

I don't tell people to quit Uber because Uber can recruit faster than we can quit - which they obviously still can. I tell people to quit because we all deserve to be happy in life. And going through each day ticked-off at the company you work for and the people you interact with is certainly not a recipe for happiness or fulfillment. To continue such an endeavor seems kind of crazy to me. But what do I know? I'm just a career helicopter pilot with no common sense.

Look, Uber may not be sustainable in the long run. It may *never* make a profit. Self-driving cars may be a loooong way off. If Uber or Lyft goes out of business, will there still be a need to carry people around for money? Absolutely, just like there was in the DBU (days before Uber).

And easyrider2020, all of the things you mentioned hurt *you* more than they hurt Uber. Even if you ignore or cancel a ride, the customer still gets serviced by someone and Uber makes their money. So...what's the point of all your antics...other than making you feel that you're somehow "sticking it to the man?" Seems kind of childish for someone who's ostensibly doing this to make some money. We all have ways of maximizing our income doing this ride-share thing. I prefer to not go about doing it angry. YMMV.
hurts me? sorry i passed 3rd grade math its simple

$1-2 loss driving there & cancelling i dont drive farther than 2 miles from my bed to get the details of my contract

if i take the ride & its less than 10 miles i lose $2+ instead of less than $2 as well as not being available for a legally paying ride

ill be back in the bed by the time the next ant who is not local has to drive farther in & take a bigger loss, so hell avoid the area or churn out cuz hes driving for free

within an hour or 2 sometimes minutes ill get the $45+65xl ride i want "independent contractor" style

but this is 1 outta 10 rides now most pax respond to my pre text before i leave my spot to go to my car, those that dont respond usually get cancelled on, 90% of my business is the same 9 hotels & im fine with 2-3 $45-65+ rides per day, they never going anywhere & drivers can't afford to live in my area so their costs are higher from idling or driving in circles

but your right 10 uber lyfts could cancel & some desperate ant will still get them faster & cheaper than a cab but the experience is worse than cab especially when these people are going to work,biz meeting, or in a hurry and doh cancel 5+ more minute wait for you

i never would use the service but if youre waiting 5 minutes about to exit and all of a sudden now gotta wait more thats gotta suck & the next driver has to hear about it or get rated bad cuz of it thats win win baby lol

$4 is equivalent to spitting in my face & stealing $4 dollars out of my pocket i respect myself more than that

didn't you state all you care about is if you make money? well thats how i get down too

whose angry? its comical to me kinda frustrating it has to be that way but oh well i just cant comprehend aside from the bribes how they get away with it

now if im stuck with a $4-$8 ride yes i get angry because an app just human trafficked me & a stranger just stole from me but that passes and is rare because i excercize my independent contractor & human rights

Last edited: