Why should I get a PUC Permit?

PUC Permit?

• Total voters

ZoomZoomBoober

Hi all I'm new to Uber and this community. Looking for your wise advice on whether i should apply for PUC.... is there any advantage in doing so with a Mazda 3 2011?

I appreciate all your input :smiles:

Happy turkey week!

PUC Permit License - it provides you with the legal right to transport passengers "legally", like a limo and or taxi. it also grants you the ability to pick from airports.
Here are the details:

the difference between a TCP certificate and a TCP permit?

A. The law provides three types of certificates and three types of permits.
  • Class A certificate - Charter service between any points in the state; round-trip sightseeing service.
  • Class B certificate - Charter service between any point within a radius of 125 air miles of the carrier's home terminal to any other point in the state. (Per federal law, the mileage limitation may not apply to transportation provided in vehicles that seat more than ten, including the driver.)
  • Class C certificate - Transportation services incidental to commercial balloon operations, commercial river-rafting or skiing.
  • "P" permit - Charter services using only vehicles under 15-passenger seating capacity.
  • "S" permit - Round-trip sightseeing services.
  • "Z" permit - Specialized services not offered to the general public, namely, transportation incidental to another business; transportation under contract with industrial and business firms, governmental agencies, and private schools; and transportation of agricultural workers to and from farms.

UberComic

Only advantage with that car would be LAX pickups. By the time you can get the permit all UberX will be picking up at LAX with or without the permit. Basically there's no reason to do it and it'll be a complete waste of time and money.

20yearsdriving

4K is 20% of 20K

Setting your own rates , choosing your customer , knowing your what you are going to net today , Having minimal waiting time & dead miles , been happy , building equity on something that belongs to you , knowing no one can take it away PRICELESS

SAVINGS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM

ZoomZoomBoober

Thanks you all,,

so far I see that the subject is a 50/50 kinda thing.

if you are an UberX and planing to stay with a "standard" car then it will not be worth it and those of us who can invest and wish to make this into a long term biz it will then be a must.

What if I work many hours as uberX, will still not worth it?