1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Why ratings are more important than ever?

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Stan07, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Stan07

Stan07 Well-Known Member

Because DT loves high ratings..
    Untitled.jpg

2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

We are building a ratings wall ?
    Will badges help ?

Grahamcracker and Stan07 like this.
  3. Tommyabc

Tommyabc New Member

Do you get more ping by having a high rating?? just wondering

4. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Nope, ratings are to make people try harder for no monetary benefit

5. Tommyabc

Tommyabc New Member

really? gee then people shouldnt be too worried..,.

6. Shangsta

Its perfect for the "facebook like" generation. Works on drivers who need validation

Trump Economics and Stan07 like this.
  7. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Uber fires drivers with ratings too low, and it is somewhat obscure as to how low is too low, and I suppose they can change it at any time. A high rating is job insurance.

I was falling below 4.6, which is close to the firing cut-off, depending on region. I had to make some changes to get my ratings up.

TheAutomator likes this.
  8. JesusisLord777

JesusisLord777 Active Member

While I can't prove this conclusively, I do think that higher ratings will give priority to a driver under some circumstances.

9. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

If your last weekly is 4.9+ others may get skipped over. It's happened to me a few times. The problem with that is that it adds dead miles to the pick up. But you usually get a higher rated pax which could mean nothing if there new.

10. Shangsta

I have a 4.92 and get plenty of pool and crappie pings, the high rating is worthless but as long as they can convince drivers they need a high rating drivers will continue to kiss pax butt.

11. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You take Pool pings?

High ratings are worthless. Mine dropped as far as 4.8. Funny thing, i didn't really do anything different and it went back up to 4.92. One crappy customer and down to 4.9.

12. JesusisLord777

I drive in a small, and at times, slow market in the Midwest. Also, because Uber is new here we have a ton of drivers, (despite there not being the demand to warrent it).

That being said I notice that I often get trips when others are closer, (not always but a lot of times), and based on my observations, and reading what others have posted online, (who claim to have spoken with Uber employees), I have come to a few conclusions.

It would seem that Uber tries to match up the rider with the "best match."

Criteria for best match seems to be:

Proximity, (most important factor)

Driver rating

If there is a scenario where a rider and driver have given each other 5 stars in the past, then that driver will oftentimes get priority. (Last night I picked up two repeat passengers that I had from other times, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I was not the closest driver. We gave each other 5 stars in the past btw. )

Wait time. If a driver has waited a long time between trips the system will give some priority.

This priority seems to be within a 10min window roughly. So it's not like I can be 30min away and the system will pick me over someone 2min away.

Usually when I am picked over other drivers I'm probably 7-8 min out vs their 2-5 min

Also, I suspect Uber gives first time riders a high rated driver to hopefully hook them into the service.

13. JesusisLord777

For the record my rating is 4.94, (was a 4.98 for a long time).

14. JesusisLord777

Oh... and just to clarify. I'm not saying that having a high rating gives you better, or more profitable trips, per se, but rather that you might get a trip when others aren't. So I do believe that keeping a high rating, (and good acceptance rate), can benefit a driver, especially in a slow market.

15. Shangsta

Lol you know I don't drive pool. Lol I am saying that even with high ratings I still get crappie pings. High ratings don't get you more pings.

Sometimes you will get a far-out ping because closer drivers ignore a ping. I got a 14 minute pool ping today twice. I guess no one wanted this pax.

16. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You're right I knew that! lol. Just threw me for a second. You an XL or X driver? X if memory serves.

17. Shangsta

Yeah I do X which is pretty busy in my market. Out of every 10 pings I get 8 or 9 are x before I get a pool.

18. JesusisLord777

See I don't think this is the case. I work in a slow market where there could be 50 drivers in a city that only has a population of 120 thousand or so.

There have been times I have gotten a ping 10 mins out in slow times of day, and I don't think it's because 6 closer drivers ignored the ping. (Especially if those drivers have been waiting for longer than a hour for a trip. ) we have no pool here, only x.

With this being said, I don't think ratings necessarily give you better trips, but act more like a tie breaker, in slow times of day. In other words you might get the ping over someone else in some circumstances, (but that ping could be whatever is available).

19. FL_Dex

FL_Dex Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That used to be the way it was here but from Tuesday to Wednesday, I had 8 straight Pool pings with no X pings. Something isn't right.

Shangsta likes this.