Why Racism is so rampant in The US than anywhere in the world

whiskeyboat

We'll have the effects of slavery and Jim crow to deal with longer than most people think but racism is pretty bad everywhere.

It's pretty disheartening just how easily people can hate another group even if the difference between them is small.
If the difference is big, it's even easier.

AustinAD99

Think racisium just feels more rampant than ever due to having it's cheerleader as POTUS.
Humans are a panicky race and a good 1/3+ are diehard fundamentalist that crave a 'strong leader', be it religious or political, to advocate responsibility to. Once they've seen it as OK from the TOP then they feel not just freed but obligated and emboldened to monkey the same stupid behavior.
It's been sad to watch this right wing/fascist BS winning high office all over the world.
Philippines with Duterte, Brazil with Bolsonaro, Turkey with Erdogan, Great Britain with Johnson and our own Captain Bone-spur Donald.

My thinking is as a herd we're realizing (mostly subconsciously) how badly we've screwed our environment up, which leads to panic, which leads to pushing a higher percentage to have faith in these asshats. Telling them will all be OK if they just listened to their 'Dear Leader' at the same time giving them someone to blame/hate.

The next 20 years is going to be one hell of a ride. I plan on getting the hell-out-a-Dodge (next year or so) and watch it from the sidelines.

wilsonz83

Think racisium just feels more rampant than ever due to having it's cheerleader as POTUS.
Humans are a panicky race and a good 1/3+ are diehard fundamentalist that crave a 'strong leader', be it religious or political, to advocate responsibility to. Once they've seen it as OK from the TOP then they feel not just freed but obligated and emboldened to monkey the same stupid behavior.
It's been sad to watch this right wing/fascist BS winning high office all over the world.
Philippines with Duterte, Brazil with Bolsonaro, Turkey with Erdogan, Great Britain with Johnson and our own Captain Bone-spur Donald.

My thinking is as a herd we're realizing (mostly subconsciously) how badly we've screwed our environment up, which leads to panic, which leads to pushing a higher percentage to have faith in these asshats. Telling them will all be OK if they just listened to their 'Dear Leader' at the same time giving them someone to blame/hate.

The next 20 years is going to be one hell of a ride. I plan on getting the hell-out-a-Dodge (next year or so) and watch it from the sidelines.
Don't forget our soon to be great supreme leader Kanye.