Why passenger ratings from drivers should be believed....

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I did a number of rides at Montclair State University last night. All polite kids and no issues. I see that there is a bit of a waiting line for Ubers and Lyfts at 10 pm at the Rec Center. I accept an Uber fare for what I thought was a 4.93 rated passenger. I am a minute away and as I pull up I see that their rating is 4.13. The passenger is called "shadylady". I remind myself to get my glasses checked again. There are about 150 college kids standing outside on the pavement waiting for rides. I contemplate cancelling the fare but I decide to see if the passenger may be rated incorrectly. I look around the kids on the pavement and ask myself "Okay, who is shadylady 4.13 ?" I start the ride so that I can see where the passenger is going. I see the destination is deep in Orange NJ.

I hear a scream from a woman on the pavement. She screams "@@@@ you as*****e to some other guy on the pavement. I say to myself, "I think I have found shadylady 4.13. I count six young women who start running towards my car in high heels and short shorts. One of them is carrying a bottle of sky vodka. The rest have plastic glasses in their hands. I lock my doors. They get to the car and start trying the handles. The woman at the front passenger door screams "open the @@@@ing door @@@@@@@". The other five women are screaming at both rear passenger doors. I open the front passenger window just a crack. I say "Can I help you ?". The woman says "open the door @@@@@@@, we're in a hurry". I ask her calmly, "What is your account name ". She screams "Tanisha", "Tanisha". I say, "I am sorry, but that is not the account holder's name". She says, "it must be a mistake, open the door @@@@@@@." I say to her "how many people are in your party ?" She says "who cares, open up @@@@@@@ or we will report you to Uber?" I say to her "I count six people in your party, I am not by law allowed to take more than 4 passengers, also, you have an open bottle of what looks like vodka with you, you are not by law allowed to bring that in my car". I tell her to go find her correct driver. I close the window.

The women start screaming at each other. I hear "we need to get there now, this @@@@@@@ is our driver, tell him to open up the @@@@ing car". I pull my car up the street and about 15 yards away from them. I hear more screaming and cursing. I think to myself, maybe I got it wrong and shadylady 4.13 is somewhere in the crowd. The women come running up to my car again and try to get in. Two of them are screaming "shadylady" is the account name. I turn my dashcam towards the front passenger window and crack it open an inch or two again and I say to them, "Sorry ladies, I told you I only accept 4 passengers, you cannot bring alcohol into my car and I don't accept passengers who curse and scream at me, please go ahead and cancel and good luck with finding another driver who will put up with your conduct". I close the window.

The woman called Tanisha screams, "I am not cancelling, I am not paying for this [email protected]@@@er." She screams, "you better not be recording me. They start banging on the windows, and screaming names and threats at me. Other college kids are taking photos of them and pointing and laughing. My dashcam is running.

I call 911. The campus police pull up in about two minutes. Two of the women start to run but one falls because she is in heels. They are all taken into custody by the campus police. I follow the police to the campus station. They are all underage drinking, and have small amounts of drugs in their possession. It appears the two young women who ran are illegal immigrants. They are not MSU students, they all came to visit some guys they know on campus. I am pressing charges for threats of harassment, violence, simple assault and vandalism as there is a dent in my rear passenger door.

Last edited:

Cane

As soon as I hear the first curse or attitude, that’s it, ride is over. No explanations. No nothing. I’m out of there. F that. If this really happened, no disrespect, but it’s kind of your fault for the dents. You should have left way before it escalated to that. No amount of surge will make me deal with that form of disrespect.

ibeam23

Why do pax think cursing at us is going to magically unlock our doors?

Last night I accepted a ping with a pax rating of 4.1. Was a 1.8x so I figured I'd roll up and vet before allowing pax in. Was a married couple. Account holder was maybe 33 and was a high school teacher. I mentioned his rating and told me he occasionally takes Über with his brother who he told me can be a bit of a jerk. The account holder was super pleasant and friendly and tipped me $5. He said he had no idea that drivers rate pax. LOL

freeFromUber

I did a number of rides at Montclair State University last night. All polite kids and no issues. I see that there is a bit of a waiting line for Ubers and Lyfts at 10 pm at the Rec Center. I accept an Uber fare for what I thought was a 4.93 rated passenger. I am a minute away and as I pull up I see that their rating is 4.13. The passenger is called "shadylady". I remind myself to get my glasses checked again. There are about 150 college kids standing outside on the pavement waiting for rides. I contemplate cancelling the fare but I decide to see if the passenger may be rated incorrectly. I look around the kids on the pavement and ask myself "Okay, who is shadylady 4.13 ?" I start the ride so that I can see where the passenger is going. I see the destination is deep in Orange NJ.

I hear a scream from a woman on the pavement. She screams "&%[email protected]!* you as*****e to some other guy on the pavement. I say to myself, "I think I have found shadylady 4.13. I count six young women who start running towards my car in high heels and short shorts. One of them is carrying a bottle of sky vodka. The rest have plastic glasses in their hands. I lock my doors. They get to the car and start trying the handles. The woman at the front passenger door screams "open the &%[email protected]!*ing door @@@@@@@". The other five women are screaming at both rear passenger doors. I open the front passenger window just a crack. I say "Can I help you ?". The woman says "open the door @@@@@@@, we're in a hurry". I ask her calmly, "What is your account name ". She screams "Tanisha", "Tanisha". I say, "I am sorry, but that is not the account holder's name". She says, "it must be a mistake, open the door @@@@@@@." I say to her "how many people are in your party ?" She says "who cares, open up @@@@@@@ or we will report you to Uber?" I say to her "I count six people in your party, I am not by law allowed to take more than 4 passengers, also, you have an open bottle of what looks like vodka with you, you are not by law allowed to bring that in my car". I tell her to go find her correct driver. I close the window.

The women start screaming at each other. I hear "we need to get there now, this @@@@@@@ is our driver, tell him to open up the &%[email protected]!*ing car". I pull my car up the street and about 15 yards away from them. I hear more screaming and cursing. I think to myself, maybe I got it wrong and shadylady 4.13 is somewhere in the crowd. The women come running up to my car again and try to get in. Two of them are screaming "shadylady" is the account name. I turn my dashcam towards the front passenger window and crack it open an inch or two again and I say to them, "Sorry ladies, I told you I only accept 4 passengers, you cannot bring alcohol into my car and I don't accept passengers who curse and scream at me, please go ahead and cancel and good luck with finding another driver who will put up with your conduct". I close the window.

The woman called Tanisha screams, "I am not cancelling, I am not paying for this Mother&%[email protected]!*er." She screams, "you better not be recording me. They start banging on the windows, and screaming names and threats at me. Other college kids are taking photos of them and pointing and laughing. My dashcam is running.

I call 911. The campus police pull up in about two minutes. Two of the women start to run but one falls because she is in heels. They are all taken into custody by the campus police. I follow the police to the campus station. They are all underage drinking, and have small amounts of drugs in their possession. It appears the two young women who ran are illegal immigrants. They are not MSU students, they all came to visit some guys they know on campus. I am pressing charges for threats of harassment, violence, simple assault and vandalism as there is a dent in my rear passenger door.
One word for you.....BRAVO!

dash cam footage or it didn't happen.

You know the rules.

but cool story bro.
It happened...and you know it.

As soon as I hear the first curse or attitude, that’s it, ride is over. No explanations. No nothing. I’m out of there. F that. If this really happened, no disrespect, but it’s kind of your fault for the dents. You should have left way before it escalated to that. No amount of surge will make me deal with that form of disrespect.
It's not his fault for the dents...what is wrong with you...we, as drivers, are just trying to help people out for a few mesesly sheckels.

In north Jersey, it can be deceiving. If the pax travels in NYC a lot, or ends up in TLCs in NJ, that will bring their rating down. A lot of those guys are murder on pax ratings.
Kind of like when we pick up pax in da hood!

tohunt4me

I hear a scream from a woman on the pavement. She screams "&%[email protected]!* you as*****e to some other guy on the pavement. I say to myself, "I think I have found shadylady 4.13. I count six young women who start running towards my car in high heels and short shorts. One of them is carrying a bottle of sky vodka. The rest have plastic glasses in their hands. I lock my doors. They get to the car and start trying the handles. The woman at the front passenger door screams "open the &%[email protected]!*ing door @@@@@@@". The other five women are screaming at both rear passenger doors. I open the front passenger window just a crack. I say "Can I help you ?". The woman says "open the door @@@@@@@, we're in a hurry". I ask her calmly, "What is your account name ". She screams "Tanisha", "Tanisha". I say, "I am sorry, but that is not the account holder's name". She says, "it must be a mistake, open the door @@@@@@@." I say to her "how many people are in your party ?" She says "who cares, open up @@@@@@@ or we will report you to Uber?" I say to her "I count six people in your party, I am not by law allowed to take more than 4 passengers, also, you have an open bottle of what looks like vodka with you, you are not by law allowed to bring that in my car". I tell her to go find her correct driver. I close the window.

The women start screaming at each other. I hear "we need to get there now, this @@@@@@@ is our driver, tell him to open up the &%[email protected]!*ing car". I pull my car up the street and about 15 yards away from them. I hear more screaming and cursing. I think to myself, maybe I got it wrong and shadylady 4.13 is somewhere in the crowd. The women come running up to my car again and try to get in. Two of them are screaming "shadylady" is the account name. I turn my dashcam towards the front passenger window and crack it open an inch or two again and I say to them, "Sorry ladies, I told you I only accept 4 passengers, you cannot bring alcohol into my car and I don't accept passengers who curse and scream at me, please go ahead and cancel and good luck with finding another driver who will put up with your conduct". I close the window.

The woman called Tanisha screams, "I am not cancelling, I am not paying for this Mother&%[email protected]!*er." She screams, "you better not be recording me. They start banging on the windows, and screaming names and threats at me. Other college kids are taking photos of them and pointing and laughing. My dashcam is running.

Wow.
6 Arrests .
2 Deportations !

GOOD JOB !

Ardery

I hope they get deported.

jerseycrooner

You also saved yourself from getting a bad rating from Shadylady. Always cancel low rated PAX. Uber's rating system favors passengers. I believe Uber uses the PAX highest single rating over the past three trips or so as the PAX rating. For instance a rider needs to get just one 5 rating in three rides and will keep a 5 star rating even if being given a 1, 2 and 5 star ratings over three successive trips. This means when a PAX has a low rating they are REALLY BAD customers!!!

nickd8775

Their attitude got them arrested for underage drinking. And those 2 illegals are the ones who should be put on the next flight to Mexico

Caspita

I find it amazing how you manage to be at the wrong place at the wrong time so often LOL!

Quatro40

Their attitude got them arrested for underage drinking. And those 2 illegals are the ones who should be put on the next flight to Mexico
Why would you think that all illegals are Mexicans? There are more Easter European and Polish illegals in here than Mexicans.

Slim Pete

You should become a screenwriter instead of doing this Uber shit.

jerseyboys

He writes a fake story and now he instantly becomes the next Hemingway. LOL

You guys crack me up. screenwriter. ha

Same thing with you guys brown nosing Silver Toyota.

This is what happens when you are waiting hours for Black/SUV fare. Your imagination runs free.

Here's part 2 but it deals with a white guy name Ely:

"I honed my skills of getting through traffic on countless runs to LGA, EWR and JFK in rush hour traffic. I never once took someone the long way to those airports knowing they might miss their flight if I did. In fact, I can honestly say not one passenger has ever missed their flight when I was in the drivers seat.
Then one day I changed my strategy and decided to try to take riders through the tunnels during rush hour. At first, the riders taught me some tricks showing me what they would do to get through the traffic. I listened and learned. For example, the Lincoln Tunnel. You always want to go through that center tube in the left most lane. You also know that Waze cannot calculate the tunnel traffic. Its always 15 minutes off.

So one day Im sitting in Starbucks and I get the call to Ely. This was my first ride with Ely. Ely had to get to a very important meeting that day. I think it was an earnings call he had to be on and he couldnt be late at all. I looked at Waze and it said 8:20am! I looked back at him and said not to worry I will get him there before 8.

As I drove he was visibly paniced in the back giving me alternatives like dropping him off at the ferry. I told him no passenger has ever missed a plane with me at the wheel and he would be early for his meeting. It was a fun ride and I used every trick to get through and around traffic. I pulled up to his building in Manhattan and the time was 7:45am. I remembered all the tricks I was taught over countless rides.
One day I couldnt make it and he got another driver who took him the long way and he was pissed off. He asked me "Where you off the other day?" I apologized. I just couldnt make it.

Then one day, about 6 months later, I got a warning about pre-arranged rides and suddenly I wasnt able to pick him up anymore. I went into the office talked with a rep and a manager who could not explain it. They said they simply dont have any notes on the system about this incident and they couldnt help me. Then all these other drivers showed up to pickup Ely. I kind of think one of the drivers paid off someone on the inside to ban my account from him so they could go get him. I worked with many deactivated drivers and each time I went into the office the reps knew exactly the situation looking at their screen of notes. Something was terribly off here. I do know of specific instances in the past where inside reps were paid off by drivers and so I thought this was probably the case.

Today, Ely drives his own car to work. He got mad at Uber because the drivers they send him are pretty bad taking him the long way and getting them there late. He had to get up extra early because they were that bad. He found that he could get to work earlier and I was the only driver he was satisfied with.
Since that time, Ive gotten quite a few other riders who have been equally impressed as I know the area well. Like taking the long way over Staten Island...the back way to Manhattan. Did you know about the HOV-3 lane that is totally empty on the way in? I had driven a workgroup and they were astounded how quick I got them in.

Looking back, I remember a paniced man one morning somewhere on the Upper West Side. He had to get to JFK by 6:30am or he might miss his flight. He waved a $100 bill in my face. Apparently the other driver canceled because something about the surge wasnt enough for him. I told him he could put away his money. Im going to do my job and get him there by 6:30am. He was lucky the other guy cancelled because that guy wouldnt care and take him the long way. I, on the other hand, would get him there on time. "Sir, you got the right driver this time." We pulled into JFK Terminal at exactly 6:30am. He was astounded
When I drive someone to the airport or to the city Im not thinking about profit. Im thinking about getting them there on time and there is no way Im going to ruin my personal record of getting them there on time. I dont take the long way. I take the way which is quickest and will get them there the fastest.
No one is going to miss their meeting or flight. Everyone will have the opportunity for a nice sit down breakfast. If Im at the wheel, you are going to get there. I guarantee it."

Last edited:

UberSchmuber

Don't know what they put in the alcohol at MSU but da chicks are loco!
Picked up an XL group; "AUX CORD! Are you a BLIBER?!" Left a carafe stolen from a Seton Hall sorority and other "items" behind the 3rd row. Another time, I'm in the condos 1/2 mile away and get another ping in the complex... wait 5 and call them, all screaming drunk and WHERE am I? At the address you put in! We're at MSU come get us! Click, no way &"no showed" them.