• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why not get a regular job

911 Guy

I had a real job long enough that I don't have to get another before launching a business in Feb. I also don't often complain or feel victimized. Just me I guess.

Mista T

Author
I see "now hiring" signs everywhere but I don't want minimum wage (or slightly over).

It's hard to find the right fit for some people, myself included. But I keep looking.

And I complain about the pay because I was promised a higher amount, then they cut it. Over and over. And they call us independent yet we have no control over the pricing. To the people who don't want to see my complaints: push the IGNORE button by my name.

2smart2drive

Vast majority have quit. Others are on way out. Only the trash and unemployable are staying on planning to remain fulltime drivers.
Slow down here, you Genious — speak for yourself, not on behalf of the 100,000,000 + UBER drivers world-wide. You aren’t a mind reader to label people at large. Chill!

Invisible

I’m searching for a traditional job. However, I am looking to return to an area that’s related to my former field. I will do this until I find the best fit or until I start sub teaching.

Merc7186

Has Job.

Doesnt like my rates but also doesnt complain about my rates either. When rates get cut, will probably sell my Uber Mobile to an ant eager to please the U/L masters.

Makes on average $30/hr driving (before expenses, I factor $5 an hour for those)

Answers OPs Question.

mbd

Was at McDonald’s on Sunday at 2 pm... They only had 4 or 5 employees working , few called in sick. Ordered 1 small coffee, took them 28 minutes. Drive through was stacked up, inside all customers waiting for 15-20 minutes. Extreme chaos, manager lady hustling . She needed 12 arms .
They just missed my order , and she Apologized... I said no problem
All customers saw this chaos, they saw all employees hustling , so not 1 customer complained.

Trust me , you don’t want to work at any McDonald’s, even if they pay 100$ per hour.

DiceyDan

I have a bachelor's, mgt experience, but I've never been "traditional". I played the corporate America game for far too long, not sure if I'll go back. Uber is part time ish.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I have a bachelor's, mgt experience, but I've never been "traditional". I played the corporate America game for far too long, not sure if I'll go back. Uber is part time ish.
The scary part about the corporate America game is when you have to be a yes man or get fired. I'm not close enough to the top for that (I hope) but I've witnessed the fallout. Hey, let's make bad business decisions because the boss wants to be popular.

911 Guy

The scary part about the corporate America game is when you have to be a yes man or get fired. I'm not close enough to the top for that (I hope) but I've witnessed the fallout. Hey, let's make bad business decisions because the boss wants to be popular.
I opted out for a severance package at a that point last Sept. New "leadership" only wanted to hear what they wanted to hear.
lol