• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why? No surge at Sydney Airport anymore

Bring back a restricted surge to Sydney airport

• No surge at all

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Restricted surge

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bring back full surge

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

RustaSam

It’s surging all around Sydney airport. There are no cars in the queues but still no surge at the airport. We drivers should get paid a low surge to remain competitive with the taxis. Uber riders are able to avoid the taxi queue just by walking to the Uber pickup zone.

Mulder99

It’s surging all around Sydney airport. There are no cars in the queues but still no surge at the airport. We drivers should get paid a low surge to remain competitive with the taxis. Uber riders are able to avoid the taxi queue just by walking to the Uber pickup zone.
Surges mainly on Friday and Sunday nights
Sometimes Saturday nights when everywhere else is surging..

Gotta be at the right time

Mulder99

I dropped in Botany Fri night 9pm and it showed 35-40 cars infront
35-40 cars could take only 10 mins to clear, depends how many pax are waiting..

I was there at 8pm when there was 11-20 cars and got a ping as soon as I entered the cage...went straight to 1-10 and instant ping...

Check flights schedules

5STARS@Sydney

I'm just going to start a separate new thread that says:

Anyone know why it doesn't surge in <enter location here> anymore?

Everyone can then reply to the thread and put in a location and discussion can follow from there.

Of course we expect mulder to reply to each location to say that it is still surging for him at that location and in fact he was just at that location the other day right after getting a ping at the international airport where he picked up an astronaut for a trip to the moon at x 1.9 surge pricing.

ST DYMPHNA son

I'm just going to start a separate new thread that says:

Anyone know why it doesn't surge in <enter location here> anymore?

Everyone can then reply to the thread and put in a location and discussion can follow from there.

Of course we expect mulder to reply to each location to say that it is still surging for him at that location and in fact he was just at that location the other day right after getting a ping at the international airport where he picked up an astronaut for a trip to the moon at x 1.9 surge pricing.
...sure,do it,nothing less is expected from you...

Leroy B

35-40 cars could take only 10 mins to clear, depends how many pax are waiting..

I was there at 8pm when there was 11-20 cars and got a ping as soon as I entered the cage...went straight to 1-10 and instant ping...

Check flights schedules
At 9pm on Fri night I should be getting hammered with pings

Mulder99

Ok, UberTopGun this is not funny anymore.
I don’t appreciate you changing my quotes and misrepresenting me.

I’ve been here 2 years and built up a following and reputation, I don’t need you to misrepresent me on this forum.
If this continues, I will escalate this further to the moderators.
As a last resort , leave and cease posting
Mulder99 :frown:

Leroy B

Here's my tip for serious drivers-

Avoid the airport unless you're getting airport pings from Alexandria or Zetland

Hope that helps