• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

why most ride are $3 in Worcester?

EABlade

Sorry Stephen, good luck.... I know i make money and how much per hr... guess your doing something wrong

Dan The Lyft Man

I only drive in Worcester under a Surge... It's because travel is only in Worcester less than 2miles and at $0.90 a mile all trips are the minim fare $5.00. It suck which is why I work in and around Boston. Framingham too at times.

WBdriving

I only drive in Worcester under a Surge... It's because travel is only in Worcester less than 2miles and at $0.90 a mile all trips are the minim fare $5.00. It suck which is why I work in and around Boston. Framingham too at times.
I think I'm going to try going more towards Framingham on Saturday since I have to be in Worcester to drop my daughter off. I get such poor gas mileage while driving in Worcester, I averaged 14.8 Mpg two Saturdays ago. My van is suppose to get any where from 17-23 Mpg and I seem to be able to get well over 18 to 22 while driving every where else. Worcester roads and setup are just awful.

stephan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
More drivers means no surge ,after uber will cut the fees agaun, will make it 70 cent in worceter .

Michael Mante

It will never be 2x surge in Worcester, checked the passenger account I saw more than 12 drivers available, and 7 available in Shrewsbury, guess here are new drivers ( more than 20) that's why uber will never put surge and no garrantie 25$/h no garrantie even 14$ ,not even surge on Fridays or Saturdays, or early mornings, that's the reason why have to quit, and find a real job, uber now split the fare between passengers in Worcester, got twice four passengers talking about it,asked them how much uber charge you, said like 2$ each, 8$ dollars guys , and Uber show you 4$ and 1.7$ rider fees they already took it and they give you 3$. From 8$ they charge them you got 3$ , wake up guys, since them I refuse to take more than 2 passengers at once. Uber competing with buses now. 4 ppl who got 3$ , 0.75 $ each rider, well I already quit 2 weeks ago.
I quit already.. Uber raping the drivers.. its an insult. if all uber drivers does not go off line, the fares will never go up.

Kos

because worcester drivers dont know how to do Business. They would go online when surge just starts to build up. Wait up people, dont rush to log on till the surge goes to 3x and up

UStaxman

You are an uber customer service, you can't make benifits with 90 cents a mile ,actually less than 40 cents a mile after tax and Uber commission gas and car maintenance, No way you can make benefits unless the there is surge, the surge per day if you are lucky you may get long ride, most rides in Worcester area within 3 miles, don't tell me you make money, I made money too but in surge, 4-5 hours online I made over $100 , but this is not fair, some pay 15$ 25$ x3 x4 and some pay $3 ? No and no, uber has to remove the surge, put fixed ride fees, 1.7$ / mile, 20 cent per min, 20 cent waiting time , it's good for drivers and riders, well I'm working in piza ad a,driver, much better than uber
Surge pricing is needed-- otherwise what driver would drive the 1AM - 2AM last call crowd?
Uber would have a million drivers at 7:00 PM and very few at 1AM leaving unsatified customers who will switch to a competing provider who incentivized their drivers

stephan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Go drive in boston, there where you can makes some money, uber Worcester is 90cents a mile, 10 cents a min, framingham -boston area $1.2 and 20 cent a mile, 3 $ you get in,Worcester, in boston u get almost 5$ , you may make 10 trips ,minimum you get more then $50, 10 trips in Worcester you get $30 , most students jump from campus to campus or to bars, which is roughly 3-4$ , that's why I don't drive in Worcester anymore. I drive 3 days in boston framingham I make $400-500 ,I was driving in Worcester the whole week and was making 300-350$. Go drive in boston, forget about Worcester, only the stupid who drive in Worcester.