• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Why LYFT Is hands down better than uber

iUBERdc

While they both suck in pay, at least Lyft has three things going for it:

1) tipping: duh, Lyft has an in-so tipping. No one is required to tip. I never demand or even ask for a op. But it is there and shows Lyft cares about its drivers. UBER can go to hell. I got tipped more in 40 Lyft rides than a 1000 uber. How pathetic.

2) wait time: Lyft people are almost always curbside each time. And if they aren't, they are there within a min or you get paid a measly sum at lease. UBER a girls drag the 5 mins on and on. Never canceled on a Lyft. UBER it's all the time.

3) pax rating: most Lyft pax are a league above uber Pax. I rarely give out less than 5 to Lyft. And I feel safe knowing 3 and under stars means I'll never see them again. UBER I downrate all the time and they don't care about or safety. You can get the same scum again.

Big problem is in my market for every Lyft request, it's over 20 Uber request easy

Last edited:

DRider85

For me the tipping is appreciated. You see when I started driving for Uber I thought a tip was included automatically. My dad's friend knew so, my dad knew so, my sister, and friends.

But when I found out it wasn't true I was very ashamed. Not only do you get no tips from Uber pax in the app, but Uber discourages tips and recommends buying water and stuff for good ratings. This is not right. It's deplorable and flat out wrong. Yes, we can get our own tips but the fact Uber discourages it and has a rating system is shameful. We go out of our way to make the customers happy.

I appreciate a few dollars in tips from lyft. But Uber is messed up for not building this in. Kind of sick in my opinion. I hope I don't get deactivated for writing this, but it's my opinion. This isn't even just me. Even passengers think it's wrong. A lyft pax told me how messed up it is and I told him I was getting a 20 percent tip because I thought I was. My fathers buddy's eyes lit up when I told him the truth. He was about to lose it because he thought he was always tipping. This is serious.

Last edited:

Cableguynoe

When I first started using Uber as a rider several years ago, I am almost positive that I had the option to set the tip amount when setting up app with credit card. This was an amount that would always be included for every driver, good or bad. I clearly remember because i remember thinking that it would suck it I had a horrible driver.
Does any else remember this?
Not sure how long this lasted or when it went away. But I was also one of those that thought the tip was included, and I remember also telling others that tip was included when telling them about Uber.
Sucks because that idea of tip being included is still out there.

DRider85

When I first started using Uber as a rider several years ago, I am almost positive that I had the option to set the tip amount when setting up app with credit card. This was an amount that would always be included for every driver, good or bad. I clearly remember because i remember thinking that it would suck it I had a horrible driver.
Not sure how long this lasted or when it went away. But I was also one of those that thought the tip was included, and I remember also telling others that tip was included when telling them about Uber.
Exactly. That's a problem. Whether intended or not, pax actually think a tip is included. Uber needs to shape up.

PTUber

I'm not sure I agree from my experience they are the same passengers just smart enough to use both Uber & Lyft. On your 3 points:

1) Yes the tip option is nice but it doesn't mean everyone tips and typically its just a $1 or $2. Uber surges more so it evens out or even pays more in my market anyway. I'm also getting more and more tips from Uber PAX.
2) I do like Lyft's clock but here again it's the same PAX wait time is the same on both. I have Uber PAX waiting on the curb and I have Lyft PAX taking 5 minutes and vice versa. Most are out in just a couple minutes.
3) Why do you think Lyft passengers are a league above? It doesn't make sense. It's the same people looking for a cheap ride. Do you think the higher class people are saying "I'm too good for Uber so I'll take Lyft"?

Also, at least in my market, you get more action on Uber then Lyft. I rather be driving then waiting for a Lyft request that might tip $1! Don't get me wrong I think it makes a lot of sense to drive both. Take advantage of any incentive program, surge, primetime, boost whatever either one is promoting. If its slow turn on both to get a hit. Just one drivers opinion.

RaleighUber

3) Why do you think Lyft passengers are a league above? It doesn't make sense. It's the same people looking for a cheap ride. Do you think the higher class people are saying "I'm too good for Uber so I'll take Lyft"?
Since Lyft lowered rates to match uber in our market, it's less noticeable, but still there. Previously, when Lyft rates were a bit higher many chose Lyft cause they knew the drivers had an interview and their car inspected before they drove. So Lyft passengers paid a bit more and expected a bit more. That produced more professionals using the service, more women riding alone, and more business travelers (who tip more). All were better passengers and made a better ride.

TheWanderer

When you set up your uber account it does initially to include a tip into your UberTaxi fares. It was deceiving.
Even though this is nominal but you get paid for your wait time as well.

wiley21

I've noticed I get more tips from uber than lyft. Lyft does not have "select". I find that more college kids use lyft and more business people use uber. So my observation differ greatly from yours.