Why lyft is a far better company for drivers than uber.

UberBlackPr1nce

heres a few reasons why
Lyft is better then uber and why drivers should always support lyft over uber pings..
Lyft has a tip function on the app ( I've gotten a 15 dollar tip of a 30 dollar ride.)
Lyft always try to pay drivers a decent pay per mile
Lyft explains the star system to riders before they cast that elicit 1 star for no apparent reason. You rate anybody under a 4 on Lyft and you won't link to them again.
Lyft will work with drivers if they fall below the 4.6 threshold verses uber can care less.
Lyft has a very good mentor program that pay drivers to help onboard other drivers which is a great incentive to maintain good ratings. (35 dollars per mentor session is a very decent compensation for your time and gas.)
Lyft should be drivers first choice in my opinion. Lyft also makes changes based on drivers input.
Lyft Also charges the rider the safe ride fee and not the drivers. If uber didn't exist Lyft will be a far superior company.

Last edited:

rjenkins

I agree, but uber doesn't charge the driver the safe ride fee.
Not precisely, no...but it does come into play for a minimum fare. I'll use this example: Uber's min fare in my market was (until recently), $4.00, and it was the same for Lyft.

In the net calculation, Uber takes the $1 SRF and SUBTRACTS from the minimum fare, taking 20% of what's remaining. $4.00 - $1.00 - 20% = $2.40 net for the driver.

In Lyft's calculation, they add on the $1.55 Trust and Safety fee AFTER subtracting their commission, so $4.00 - 20% = $3.20 net for the driver.

That's the only time it really affect's the driver's bottom line, but there is also a psychological hit, since the fare shown to the driver at the end of the Uber trip includes the fee, beefing up what the driver THINKS he is making. Lyft adds in on only on the passenger side, keeping the driver's expectations realistic about what they're making.

Veller

One Lyft's major shortcoming is drivers' inability to know whether they received a prime time ping or a regular one. Two days ago I was at The Forum in LA in the center of 150% Prime time zone. Got a ping from right there. Didn't even have to move the car. Passengers came to me. It was a hassle to get out of there. According to my calculations, it should have been around $50 trip. When I ended it, to my utter astonishment, it was a regular ride without ANY prime time surcharge. Obviously if I knew it before hand I would never have accepted this ride considering that even Uber had *2x surge at the moment I accepted that ping. I wrote Lyft asking how is it possible that in the middle of 150% surcharge I got a regular ping and still waiting on their answer. After this incident I lost my trust in Lyft and currently don't have any desire to take their jobs. I wonder if there is a way to know what kind of ping you accept?

leroy jenkins

heres a few reasons why
Lyft is better then uber a.
Lyft is slightly better. FAR better? Ease off the kool-aid friend as Lyft rates are just as low in most markets where it competes against Uber.

Once Lyft becomes better known in your market, there will be no difference between a Lyft passenger and Uber passenger.

Less pings in Lyft means more deadhead miles. So you show your support for Lyft by literally making less money even if Lyft's rates are higher in your market.

Lyft really needs to end the will I? won't I? get prime time ambiguity. Why turn on Lyft if you know Uber is surging 2X in the same area?

Scenicruiser

It's the mystery fare that kills it for me. Plus or regular ping? Drive 20 minutes to find out? Not for me at this time

Lyft is slightly better. FAR better? Ease off the kool-aid friend as Lyft rates are just as low in most markets where it competes against Uber.

Once Lyft becomes better known in your market, there will be no difference between a Lyft passenger and Uber passenger.

Less pings in Lyft means more deadhead miles. So you show your support for Lyft by literally making less money even if Lyft's rates are higher in your market.

Lyft really needs to end the will I? won't I? get prime time ambiguity. Why turn on Lyft if you know Uber is surging 2X in the same area?

iMakeTheMaps

It's the mystery fare that kills it for me. Plus or regular ping? Drive 20 minutes to find out? Not for me at this time
20 mins is too much for either fare really, but I think Plus fares show up with a blue box around the PAX name and regular fares show up with a pink box around the PAX info?

UberBlackPr1nce

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're also not looking at the big picture. If you're involved in an accident Lyfts deductible is $2,500! Ubers is $1,000. Crazy! You pay no matter what! http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhu...surance-coverage-but-a-collision-gap-remains/
don't get in a accident. The deductible should be the last thing on your mind. You get into an accident and you will be dropped by your insurance company. Uber still not a better company because they have a cheaper deductible.

BurgerTiime

don't get in a accident. The deductible should be the last thing on your mind. You get into an accident and you will be dropped by your insurance company. Uber still not a better company because they have a cheaper deductible.
"Don't get into an accident" lol good advice. Next time I get rear ended at a traffic light I'll make sure to move. Haha!

Showa50

Ever in an accident?
Uber deductible $1k
Lyft deductible $2,500

You might change your mind quick about who's the better option.
And Uber allows drivers to earn a hell of a lot more via Surge. Helps when you have to pay that deductible.

UberBlackPr1nce

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ever in an accident?
Uber deductible $1k
Lyft deductible $2,500

You might change your mind quick about who's the better option.
And Uber allows drivers to earn a hell of a lot more via Surge. Helps when you have to pay that deductible.
Then everyone needs to stop complaining about uber if it's so great.

pasadenauber

You're also not looking at the big picture. If you're involved in an accident Lyfts deductible is $2,500! Ubers is $1,000. Crazy! You pay no matter what! http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhu...surance-coverage-but-a-collision-gap-remains/

Guys just found out the real deal with 1000.00 with uber insurance deductible, i picked up a PAX who is an uber driver and go involved into an accident. He was not at fault, he filed for the 1000 deductible with fuber insurance minions and even though he wasn't at fault he , his deductible is NOT REFUNDABLE. He was out 1000.00 bucks regardless !!!!!