Uber Drivers Forum banner

Why isn't Uber charging for additionnal pax???

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Oduk 
#1 ·
You get an uber X request and when you show up for pickup there are 4 pax instead. Why is price same regardless of how many riders get in the car, knowing that regular cab will most definitely charge extra for additional pax. Requestor should provide number of pax and drivers should get more money!!

#3 ·
Been asking that for awhile now. It doesn't make sense, like you said there is no reason not to. It's not like they will call a cab instead and Lyft and Uber copy any thing the other does to make more money. Those extra riders should be a extra buck a piece on short rides and 10 percent more per person on longer rides. It just makes sense more people bring more problems.

I wonder how many drivers have drove off seeing 4 people on their way to the car. Lol

#4 ·
When you think about it, carrying 4 people vs 1 or 2 will definitely cause a faster depreciation of the vehicle. It would make sense to be compensated for that.

You do know that the app tells riders that uberX is for 1-4, right?
I am assuming it does. But shouldn't we be compensated accordingly knowing that 4 people will require more torque therefore more gas, and cause faster depreciation. An extra buck per pax will still put Uber below cab fare price.

#7 ·
Just last week I had a scheduled airport ride with Lyft. It was at a good starting time and close to my house. I pull up and theirs 4 pax and a bunch of luggage. I almost cancelled but they kept the extra luggage on their laps.

They joked with me about they should of got a larger vehicle but my soul would work and how they are saving money. So I figured OK I'll get a nice tip, right. 2 dollars cash and a promise of a in app tip. Still waiting, thought I should of went back and taken the sandbags off their doors with the approaching hurricane.

#12 ·
You people make me laugh. When you sign up it says X is up to 4 passengers. Now, you want to get paid more for more than 1 passenger. That is funny. If you want to act like a cab go drive for a cab. With all of the other things to complain about Uber this is what you choose?
The only two times number of passengers angers me is.
1: lyft line they say 1 however there are 2 or more, ask passenger to change in the app......... or cancel and re request regular.
Same excuse " what does it matter.......every other driver has accepted this.......never happened before........."

2: plus/ xl more than 7 or 6 plus 6 suitcases. Call two cars.
Most plus/ xl's only fit 6 either because only 2 in the back as opposed to 3 or captain chairs in second row instead of a bench. Mine has two 3 seat benches although middle of third row is tight it does have a seatbelt. So I tell them most can not take 7 so you are lucky you got Me ( helps with raitings).

#14 · (Edited)
Been asking that for awhile now. It doesn't make sense, like you said there is no reason not to. It's not like they will call a cab instead and Lyft and Uber copy any thing the other does to make more money. Those extra riders should be a extra buck a piece on short rides and 10 percent more per person on longer rides. It just makes sense more people bring more problems.

I wonder how many drivers have drove off seeing 4 people on their way to the car. Lol
I had bold passengers that I had to turned down and canceled on them. One wanted to bring 6 people in my Uber X. One wanted to bring 6 people in regular Lyft with a baby. One requested Uberpool and the lady had 2 kids with her. One wanted to bring 5 people, one lady and four children. Me and her argued. She got mad cause Lyft charged her. She is not worth me getting in trouble with the company or a car accident.

#17 ·
Thank god we don't have pool here in Tampa, just the super low rates. Anyway I think if we did I would once in a while do my part and accept a pool ride but I would see how many added pax I could get. That way you could give a pax a super uncomfortable pool ride and maybe they wouldn't do pool again.

Then in reality I'd probably spend a hour doing all the add-ons trips then see how much I got Uberscrewd and never accept pool again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.