Why isn't Uber charging for additionnal pax???

Uberzoom

You get an uber X request and when you show up for pickup there are 4 pax instead. Why is price same regardless of how many riders get in the car, knowing that regular cab will most definitely charge extra for additional pax. Requestor should provide number of pax and drivers should get more money!!

MoreTips

Been asking that for awhile now. It doesn't make sense, like you said there is no reason not to. It's not like they will call a cab instead and Lyft and Uber copy any thing the other does to make more money. Those extra riders should be a extra buck a piece on short rides and 10 percent more per person on longer rides. It just makes sense more people bring more problems.

I wonder how many drivers have drove off seeing 4 people on their way to the car. Lol

Uberzoom

Been asking that for awhile now. It doesn't make sense, like you said there is no reason not to. It's not like they will call a cab instead and Lyft and Uber copy any thing the other does to make more money. Those extra riders should be a extra buck a piece on short rides and 10 percent more per person on longer rides. It just makes sense more people bring more problems.

I wonder how many drivers have drove off seeing 4 people on their way to the car. Lol

When you think about it, carrying 4 people vs 1 or 2 will definitely cause a faster depreciation of the vehicle. It would make sense to be compensated for that.

You do know that the app tells riders that uberX is for 1-4, right?

I am assuming it does. But shouldn't we be compensated accordingly knowing that 4 people will require more torque therefore more gas, and cause faster depreciation. An extra buck per pax will still put Uber below cab fare price.

troycarpenter

I am assuming it does. But shouldn't we be compensated accordingly knowing that 4 people will require more torque therefore more gas, and cause faster depreciation. An extra buck per pax will still put Uber below cab fare price.
I doubt Uber will ever see it that way. Their break point is up to 4 for X, up to 6 for XL

negeorgia

Of course they should. You do know that all you need to know about how much Uber cares about drivers is found on the non-surge rate earnings? Period. Everything else is just additional proof of how little they care.

Let me explain. Uber is popular and can keep you busy because 70% of the time, they undercharge riders. They either subsidize driver earnings or drivers pay the bill for those under charges. 10% of the time riders pay what they should and drivers get what they should. 20% of the time, riders over pay and Uber doesn't share it with drivers until those subsidies.

MoreTips

Just last week I had a scheduled airport ride with Lyft. It was at a good starting time and close to my house. I pull up and theirs 4 pax and a bunch of luggage. I almost cancelled but they kept the extra luggage on their laps.

They joked with me about they should of got a larger vehicle but my soul would work and how they are saving money. So I figured OK I'll get a nice tip, right. 2 dollars cash and a promise of a in app tip. Still waiting, thought I should of went back and taken the sandbags off their doors with the approaching hurricane.

pjrxj

You people make me laugh. When you sign up it says X is up to 4 passengers. Now, you want to get paid more for more than 1 passenger. That is funny. If you want to act like a cab go drive for a cab. With all of the other things to complain about Uber this is what you choose?

Disgusted Driver

You people make me laugh. When you sign up it says X is up to 4 passengers. Now, you want to get paid more for more than 1 passenger. That is funny. If you want to act like a cab go drive for a cab. With all of the other things to complain about Uber this is what you choose?
I'm with you. The extra expense of 2 more people is pennies. I'm much more interested in getting a decent rate for all trips.

The Gift of Fish

I may consider unlocking the doors for groups of four during the day, but definitely not during the drunk shift. The alpha male(s) will be competing to see who can be the biggest Dbag and the girls will be competing to see who can screech/scream the loudest.

Last edited:

Uberzoom

Agree that we signed for that but folks at Uber keep changing rules to their benefit not drivers. While fare prices keep increasing how does this impact our revenues?. However Uber is now getting on some fares more than 50%. For short term gains Uber is an inteteresting alternative but in the long term I have serious doubts Uber care about drivers.

Britishpilot

The only two times number of passengers angers me is.
1: lyft line they say 1 however there are 2 or more, ask passenger to change in the app......... or cancel and re request regular.
Same excuse " what does it matter.......every other driver has accepted this.......never happened before........."

2: plus/ xl more than 7 or 6 plus 6 suitcases. Call two cars.
Most plus/ xl's only fit 6 either because only 2 in the back as opposed to 3 or captain chairs in second row instead of a bench. Mine has two 3 seat benches although middle of third row is tight it does have a seatbelt. So I tell them most can not take 7 so you are lucky you got Me ( helps with raitings).

Royalflush

I had bold passengers that I had to turned down and canceled on them. One wanted to bring 6 people in my Uber X. One wanted to bring 6 people in regular Lyft with a baby. One requested Uberpool and the lady had 2 kids with her. One wanted to bring 5 people, one lady and four children. Me and her argued. She got mad cause Lyft charged her. She is not worth me getting in trouble with the company or a car accident.

Last edited:

MoreTips

Thank god we don't have pool here in Tampa, just the super low rates. Anyway I think if we did I would once in a while do my part and accept a pool ride but I would see how many added pax I could get. That way you could give a pax a super uncomfortable pool ride and maybe they wouldn't do pool again.

Then in reality I'd probably spend a hour doing all the add-ons trips then see how much I got Uberscrewd and never accept pool again.

Reactions: MHR