Why is uber pool bad for you

TheHopeful

Technically, uber promised trips/hour can be done using uberpool - TRUE,
But earning more with uber pool? NO, there is a tread that do a theory calculation on uberpool so i am not going touch on that, once you have a matched uberpool ride uber take 30% commission, HOWEVER guarentee fares is GROSS, which means u are effectively losing 10%$$$$$ of that particular trip each time u have a matched, so some may say is it good if don take second call on uberpool as uber only take 10% commission if pool is not matched? NO, they still give u same guarentee gross fares!

This is how uber like to play all the drivers..

For you evaluation...

renyeo

Go for incentives not the fares, bro. Pool helps to ramp up the TPH quickly.

Poor_Lad

Pool fare solo from airport to Clementi is like $18 or so dollars. Totally what the hell. Not worth your time or petrol. Worst thing is with Uber we won't know our destination until we begin the trip. HOW CAN LIKE THAT?

PCMan

I have done some calculations for UberPool.

The only plus point (for drivers) is that for some part of the journey, you will have 2 unique riders with 2 fare meters running concurrently. However, this part of the journey (with 2 unique riders on board) must constitute at least 60% of the trip (distance and time). Anything less than that, drivers lose out.

As what bro renyeo posted, go for the incentives. Hopefully, UberPool will not catch on.

renyeo

If anyone hasn't noticed since the last updates to driver's app your online hours are accured until the next ride is completed.

What I aren't sure though is whether this is a coding bug or an intentional feature to keep drivers out of hiding.

Let me explain:

For example, you have competed 1 hour 30 minutes of online time and finished 3 rides. To get a TPH of 1.5 you would need another 30 minutes.

Since you're done with the requisite number of rides you would want to go and hide from pings and wait out the remaining 30 minutes (giving a total online time of 2 hours).

Now, the app "accrues" the time you're online - that is during the time without passenger - from your account until you accept the next ride and compete it.

If anyone gong-gong hide for 30 minutes without accepting a ping he would would lose the last block of 30 minutes because the app now doesn't update your online time between your last dropoff and next dropoff.

In other words you got to keep driving until you hit the 2 hours - therefore, no more sitting there and hide. Good luck if there are no pings forever ...

Well done, Uno Cheapo Uber!

Clap, clap, clap!

Last edited:

Sohgoody

If u have a first long distant pool don't take the second pool. I got played out. My second pool was so near the gross was only $3.00. In the end uber take 30% of my 2 fares. If not I would have make more. Btw the first pool was from t2 to Woodlands.

renyeo

The Woodlands trip likely paid for your hourly incentives during an off-peak block but you'd need the TPH to cover the following hour in case you don't encounter another long distance ride after. Yes?

powerpoint

If anyone hasn't noticed since the last updates to driver's app your online hours are accured until the next ride is completed.

What I aren't sure though is whether this is a coding bug or an intentional feature to keep drivers out of hiding.

Let me explain:

For example, you have competed 1 hour 30 minutes of online time and finished 3 rides. To get a TPH of 1.5 you would need another 30 minutes.

Since you're done with the requisite number of rides you would want to go and hide from pings and wait out the remaining 30 minutes (giving a total online time of 2 hours).

Now, the app "accrues" the time you're online - that is during the time without passenger - from your account until you accept the next ride and compete it.

If anyone gong-gong hide for 30 minutes without accepting a ping he would would lose the last block of 30 minutes because the app now doesn't update your online time between your last dropoff and next dropoff.

In other words you got to keep driving until you hit the 2 hours - therefore, no more sitting there and hide. Good luck if there are no pings forever ...

Clap, clap, clap!
that couldnt be true. sometimes it takes a bit to update. all my last week timing and whatever were in.

Last edited:

TheHopeful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear all bros, i am refering to the incentive, the incentive is gaurentee u gross fares.. so if all ur trips is uberX amounting gross 130 net 104, incentive is 140, uber top up 8dollars( 10dollar deduct uber cut 20% ). BUT if all ur trip is uberpool u gross 130, incentive is 140, u net only 91 AND uber still TOP UP only 8dollars( 10dollar deduct 20%)

BUT ofcourse you will meet all uberpools ride BUT you still lose 10% each time u take on uberpool with matched ride

renyeo

that couldnt be true. sometimes it takes a bit to update. but all my last week hiding time without further pickup were included. some as long as 2hrs.
So I see ...

But you were able to hide for two hours is awesome! Can reveal whereabout or not har?

:wink:

renyeo

Dear all bros, i am refering to the incentive, the incentive is gaurentee u gross fares.. so if all ur trips is uberX amounting gross 130 net 104, incentive is 140, uber top up 8dollars( 10dollar deduct uber cut 20% ). BUT if all ur trip is uberpool u gross 130, incentive is 140, u net only 91 AND uber still TOP UP only 8dollars( 10dollar deduct 20%)

BUT ofcourse you will meet all uberpools ride BUT you still lose 10% each time u take on uberpool with matched ride
If so incentives are subjected to 30% cut how does it works out when there are mixture of UberX and UberPool rides during the hour block or blocks?

powerpoint

hide depends on timing and where loe. if want can pm me or join the line group :wink: we post notes there n pool knowledge.

also sometimes need a mixture of hiding and cancellations and dragging if the location still get ping and if u have enough cr to play with.

TheHopeful

I am putting the secenario whereby all is uberx and uberpool for easy understanding, so if it is mix ride whatever is uberpool is losing out lo. If you only have only 1 uberpool ride and gross fare is 20dollar, 10% is 2dollars, and if incentive garentee is 20gross, ur net is 16-2=14 if u met the tph

TheHopeful

You just pull out one of ur block timing data say 7am - 10am and calculate abd u will know already

renyeo

I am sure I haven't read about Uber taking 30% cut on incentives over UberPool. How are they going to prcisely apportionate which to what?!

If you made $20 (gross before commission cuts over two hours) covering Pool and X rides during off peak, Uber will topup $20. Total of $40 will then subject to 20% cut. This is how I play it.

Of course if you fail to meet TPH, then there will be no topup and you take home Pool and X in real fares nett after their respective cuts of 10, 20 or 30%, lor.

TheHopeful

Uber is already taking off 20% of incentive they promote as their cut, jus calculate ur data my friend

PCMan

Let me explain:

Clap, clap, clap!
Also observed this scenario last week and the week before. The update on the online time can come in as late as 24 hours later. None of my incentives were affected by this change. Last week, I had to do 1 or 2 jobs after 10am just to get the total online time right.

But this week, the online time is 'live' again. Every time you go to earnings, it gives up the total online time up to the minute.

Mobilenerd

Took one pool yesterday from Woodlands Check point to Little India, being so close to the expressway there was no other jobs. Rider knew this as his smug face said it all. Totally abused the system.
Fare $10.

Nearing to Balestier Picked up one more but had to make a Long detour. End point near Sim Lim.

Fare $3.50.

So a whole 40min of my time fighting peak hour traffic to town netted only $10.

Today saw another few pool trips, just ignored and switched off my app. Can't be bothered anymore.

Mobilenerd

I think I am gonna take myself off UberX and just do UberXL.

Currently just using Uber to fill up down time when I don't have other jobs.

It wasn't always that way, I used to be on Uber 90-95% of the time until they started to make monkies out of the drivers.

These days I only turn on the app when I am in a location where it's very quiet. But today saw two more pools , I just turned off the app.